Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My second order for another speed dome will be going in this week along with a mini ptz for the old man

Nice easy Christmas present this year

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got mine today. Yea they didn't pack them very well but they seem to be ok.
Now I have to figure out how to the NVR to recognize them.
Time for the rookie to do some research....LOL

Michael

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Michael
First i would try to connect it without NVR, make sure it works well and you know all the network settings.
Then in the NVR try to first use it without built-in POE to connect to it (turn plug N Play to Manual when you add the camera if you have all built-in POE ports)
if that goes ok then try to use built-in POE if you want to.

bensig

n3wb
Reaction score

Michael
First i would try to connect it without NVR, make sure it works well and you know all the network settings.
Then in the NVR try to first use it without built-in POE to connect to it (turn plug N Play to Manual when you add the camera if you have all built-in POE ports)
if that goes ok then try to use built-in POE if you want to.
I'm in the same boat as HRD. My camera works fine straight off my router, but just can't get my NVR to recognize it.
I spent 3 hrs adjusting probably every setting on the camera and NVR and just gave up. One thing I didn't do was try to connect the camera to the NVR without the built-in POE.
Can I ask, what's the purpose in that?
I'd normally just give it a try, but right now, it's beer time.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as HRD. My camera works fine straight off my router, but just can't get my NVR to recognize it.
I spent 3 hrs adjusting probably every setting on the camera and NVR and just gave up. One thing I didn't do was try to connect the camera to the NVR without the built-in POE.
When you use the built-in POE, it assumes you are using a Hikvision camera and will connect to it with Hikvision protcol, port 8000, and pw 12345 and also tries to assign an internal nic IP to it (which wil work if its a hik camera)

your best bet is to use it with external Power and go to the router (or use a POE injector) then change one of the channels to manual then put in the IP of the camera with the cam's username/password, and use onvif protocol (unless hik's protocol works on this thing)

Also find out which port your camera uses, and through trial and error plug in those port numbers when you add the camera manually.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have a HikVision NVR this should help.

bensig

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Finally got it working with my LaView NVR.
The problem was, I as using the Onvif protocol on the NVR Camera Management.
This time, I selected the LaView protocol, set it to manual instead of plug and play and entered the camera password.
When I plugged in the camera, it came up like magic!
You guys rock!

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, glad its working.
I on the other hand am at a complete loss, I have tried everything port configuration, protocols that I can think of to no avail.
I must be missing something simple but can't see it.
Oh well, if it was easy everyone one would be doing it.

Michael

Thanks guys! Finally got it working with my LaView NVR.
The problem was, I as using the Onvif protocol on the NVR Camera Management.
This time, I selected the LaView protocol, set it to manual instead of plug and play and entered the camera password.
When I plugged in the camera, it came up like magic!
You guys rock!

bensig

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome, glad its working.
I on the other hand am at a complete loss, I have tried everything port configuration, protocols that I can think of to no avail.
I must be missing something simple but can't see it.
Oh well, if it was easy everyone one would be doing it.

Michael
I feel your pain. This PTZ camera is the fourth non-LaView camera I've purchased for my NVR and is the only one I've gotten to work (thanks to the guys on this thread). I'm sure if you can post your camera and NVR settings someone is bound to catch something. Hang in there!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I recall I was messing around with it, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I did configure cam first before I connected to nvr

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

What can this PTZ camera do, apart from tedious patroling, when not attended? ... and missing the most important part of the action....:sad2:

Anybody using BI want auto-tracking (sort of) with this camera?
(Of course, when presets for this mini PTZ camera are supported by BI. On the way...)

Very simple.

Assume you have 2 cameras:
- This PTZ camera
- One wide angle fixed camera, low-res, low-cost. Set higher as possible for a wide view, monitoring the same area as the PTZ, although not necessarily at the same place.

The fixed camera is used to detect the area of the image where motion occurs. Then it feeds the assigned preset number to the PTZ camera which points at the target, zomming in if preset says so.

This way, narrow places such as doors, driveways, pathways, gates,... can be watched and closeups taken if wanted.

As simple as using a laser-guided missile :eek:nthego:

I have tested this method and everything works as described... except that I dont have this PTZ camera yet! I am getting one next week and I look forward to testing...

For the moment, I verified with a fixed camera that the right preset is applied to it (although with no effect), as it shows up in the edit box at the bottom of the BI window.

Last edited by a moderator:

cadman

n3wb
Reaction score
hello has anybody got and android app for this
[h=2]Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year?[/h]
[h=1]IP Cam Viewer i try it but did not work[/h]

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hello has anybody got and android app for this
Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year?

IP Cam Viewer i try it but did not work
tinyCam Monitor works with Onvif profile. Do a scan for the camera and it should assign the default Onvif profile.