Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how are you.yes we will have discount from 12/11 to 12/13.pls introduce morr friend to buy
Thank you for your support.
Have a good day
Best regards
Monica wen
Thanks

To buy or to wait for v2?

I guess lets see what the deal looks like.

David Messenger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very well done and thorough job reviewing this camera! I just ordered one to try out in place of a Foscam I have. If it's as much better as it looks, I'll replace 3 more Foscams with this one. Thanks very much for all the information you provided!

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Again, from what I could tell the snapshot at http://x.x.x.x/snapshot/snapshot_onvif.jpg only gets updated when an ONVIF-speaking program asks the camera for the snapshot URL. ONVIF device manager for example does this when you open the camera. The request for the snapshot URL is repeated when you click on the small thumbnail image, causing the camera to refresh the snapshot.

So it makes sense if you have never opened the camera with this tool before then the URL would not load anything. It probably also clears the snapshot when the camera reboots, but maybe not?
That worked, weird.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am waiting for v2, but frankly I am concerned with the firmware fixes for v1. Are they going to abandon it or same firmware for both.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Again, from what I could tell the snapshot at http://x.x.x.x/snapshot/snapshot_onvif.jpg only gets updated when an ONVIF-speaking program asks the camera for the snapshot URL. ONVIF device manager for example does this when you open the camera. The request for the snapshot URL is repeated when you click on the small thumbnail image, causing the camera to refresh the snapshot.

So it makes sense if you have never opened the camera with this tool before then the URL would not load anything. It probably also clears the snapshot when the camera reboots, but maybe not?

I have not used this tool, but have snapshots which are a few days old. I reported this to Monica because I feel like this is a security hole.

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday, but seems to be a defective unit. The image in the browser it's totally black, the ptz controls, IR, focus, etc, don't run... playing with the image settings, and pointing the camera to a fluorescent lamp, it clearly see the lights, but nothing more... if I cross my hand in front the camera, lights go out. No time to test another power source (12VCC, 1.2A) but at work I've a 12VCC power with 5A output, so I'll try this night... very dissapointed.

I can connect via SADP, configure static IP, and access to the camera via browser. Also, I've attached to a Synology DS-1511+ and configured as Onvif, received video signal, but same image as the obtained in the browser... I'm not tell anything to Monica until double check all parameters...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.

Fernando.

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, I'll try with a POE Ubiquiti switch...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

dalepa

Reaction score
Most likely a power problem...
I have this handy POE+ plug that works well for testing and single cams

image.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
See first couple pages in this thread, I had the same issue

dmanindfw

n3wb
Reaction score
So in light of the "new development" of bit rate and recorded image quality is this camera still recommended if you aren't running at high frame and bit rates? This would be my first camera and I won't be constantly monitoring it but will mainly be using this IF something does happen and I want to go back and review the recording. Is this an issue if just using BI, or does it apply to someone running a prebuilt (ala Nikvision) NVR?

Icarus

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered this cam. Thanks for the thread. It was a great help! I stumbled onto it while looking for solution to an issue with one of my Hik cams. Looking forward to a new toy, my first PTZ.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So in light of the "new development" of bit rate and recorded image quality is this camera still recommended if you aren't running at high frame and bit rates? This would be my first camera and I won't be constantly monitoring it but will mainly be using this IF something does happen and I want to go back and review the recording. Is this an issue if just using BI, or does it apply to someone running a prebuilt (ala Nikvision) NVR?
This is Monica's response:

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]i have asked engineer,[/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]They said that this is normal.
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]When is higher bitrate,it need be quicker online speed,refreshed frequency also is more,so picture is better,in contrast,it is bad [[/FONT]/QUOTE]

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just don't get it. Mine & others video look great, take great pictures, and have had zero problems. Yes, the bit rate thing is bs, but I understand the reasoning. Besides, a very well known member on here always recommends running at 4096 bit-rate. I am extremely happy with mine!

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using mine with BI and it looks great. I have set the rate to 8196 constant and BI reports it hovering just under 300 kB/s. Other cams are Hiks and Dahua and they run at 4096 and BI seems to report pretty close to that. Usually a bit higher. Not sure what that all means or if I care since images are great out of the Huisun.

But I bought this Huisun as a "toy" and would not rely on it as my sole camera for security. I am very comfortable with the Hiks and the Dahuas and have had zero issues with them. Some in service for over 3 years. I think Husun will turn out to be a fine brand but still a risk at this point. Again, I am very happy with mine and will be buying more.

Not sure if that helps!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I bought Huisun as a "toy", but all my cams are really "toys" with some convenience factor while providing security. Huisun mini ptz isn't perfect as we can tell, but it's pretty damn good for its "1st Gen"