Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are a few nite images, first 2 are the same as the day images earlier and then a swing around to catch the front steps. Front steps have added light from front door.

x4 nite 2.JPG

x4 mailbox.JPG

x4 porch.JPG

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are a few nite images, first 2 are the same as the day images earlier and then a swing around to catch the front steps. Front steps have added light from front door.
Do you have anything to point at in the dark that would require zooming out. For example, a building across the street?

Thanks for sharing!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have anything to point at in the dark that would require zooming out. For example, a building across the street?

Thanks for sharing!
Remember, this is a 4X, the first picture is the driveway at 1X and the second is the mailbox at the end of the drive at 4X. Trees on both sides prevent shooting at a house nearby.

This is the lot next door and it is pitch black.

Side yard pich black.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bob so are u happy with the camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, so far so good. 1000 % better than the original V2 4X.

I had asked Jack about the new firmware and here is his reply.

IPNC_S2l2.0.1_build201607221508 this is 10X update

4X Please do not update.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, so far so good. 1000 % better than the original V2 4X.

I had asked Jack about the new firmware and here is his reply.

IPNC_S2l2.0.1_build201607221508 this is 10X update

4X Please do not update.
Oh, interesting, in the past same firmware applied to both cams

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The night images look very good. But now it has external PoE and my junction box is too small to house it. Do you have the dimension of the PoE splitter? Thanks.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The night images look very good. But now it has external PoE and my junction box is too small to house it. Do you have the dimension of the PoE splitter? Thanks.
I did not measure it before installing but it is close to 4" + the weatherproof cable connector adds another 1 1/2. This is why I used it to enter the soffet instead of the short section of pipe from the other camera, see post #389.

Also with the external POE you want to disconnect from your POE switch before plugging in the camera. I changed the plate on the box today and just unplugged the camera to change it, when I reconnected it it would not sync up correctly. No PTZ and none of the presets worked. Unplugged from the switch, waited 10 minutes, plugged in again and all was good. Not sure if there is a correct connect sequence, power first or network first. By connecting or disconnecting at the switch there is no problem.

All in all I am very happy with this camera.

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Late to the 400+ thread here, compatible with which NVR recorders like hikvision or Dahua or this one a totally over the local LAN and try to get at it from the NVR from the outside the NVR LAN?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Late to the 400+ thread here, compatible with which NVR recorders like hikvision or Dahua or this one a totally over the local LAN and try to get at it from the NVR from the outside the NVR LAN?
If you're too lazy to read the 2nd page of posts then you shouldn't be buying this.

Also to me the main advantage of Huisun/Imporx it uses Hikvision protocols.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried comparing 10x with 4x? In terms of IR output?
I did not compare before installing but they seem to be about the same. Right now I have the 4 in the front of the house and 2 10's in the rear. No way to do a real comparison but they look close. Each side has the older 3x and they look just as good.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I did not compare before installing but they seem to be about the same. Right now I have the 4 in the front of the house and 2 10's in the rear. No way to do a real comparison but they look close. Each side has the older 3x and they look just as good.
wow, now you have more of them then I do, aren't you afraid of owning so much junk? ))

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
any firmware update for the v1??
is your "v1" with s2l or a5s? You can check with batch tool as I recall they started putting new chipset a while back. If it's s2l then you will likely be able to upgrade using the same v2 firmware.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello bob2701
How long did your camera took to arrive at you house.
Regards.
Chewie