Need a cloud based solution for my cameras / dvr

JBoDEAN

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a few Hikvision cameras at my house, they are fed from a NVR NR32P4-4.
I am running IVMS-4200 on my Mac computer (although it needs an update from the company to be compatible with the latest macOS, not sure when that will happen).

I am trying to find an easily solution to upload my stream to the cloud (google drive or iCloud) as a backup for my camera (7 day loop maybe, over writing every 7 days).

1) Is there a better alternative app for macOS to view my cameras on my computer, iVMS-4200 isn't very good.

2) Is there a way to record/store my DVR recordings on my Synology NAS?

3) Is there an easy solution to get the recordings backed up on the cloud? Right now if the DVR were to get stolen, that is the only feed/hd with the security cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have a few Hikvision cameras at my house, they are fed from a NVR NR32P4-4.
I am running IVMS-4200 on my Mac computer (although it needs an update from the company to be compatible with the latest macOS, not sure when that will happen).

I am trying to find an easily solution to upload my stream to the cloud (google drive or iCloud) as a backup for my camera (7 day loop maybe, over writing every 7 days).

1) Is there a better alternative app for macOS to view my cameras on my computer, iVMS-4200 isn't very good.

2) Is there a way to record/store my DVR recordings on my Synology NAS?

3) Is there an easy solution to get the recordings backed up on the cloud? Right now if the DVR were to get stolen, that is the only feed/hd with the security cameras.
Cloud storage is for suckers. Use an NVR or vms and record locally. if you are paranoid, hide a second recorder, cheaper and more effective than cloud. Use cameras with sd card as a backup as well.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you even have enough bandwidth? You'd have to upload everything in real time to be of benefit, assuming you're trying to protect against theft/destruction of the recorder. I use an SD card in each camera and email myself stills from motion events. If that's not enough, well, I tried.