NEEDED help with Hikvision NVR not recording accordingly

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
hi Jon

ideally the error/crc numbers should be zero (or whatever high number the manufacturer presets if its a count-down config, not sure in your case but all my seagate and WD and hitachi drives start fro zero). The CRC tends to indicate a comms error on the SATA and that could be just not connected properly/cable issue (power or sata), hence what the guy did would be handy to know. The error stuff says the block wasn't found (seek) or was corrupt when read, again cable fault could have contributed here. The fact that it hasn't revectored and no pending count you may be lucky and it was only a connection issue.

The power cycle reflects the count of the system being turned off/on and start/stop the cycle up/down of the drive - if a drive is "green" or allowed to sleep then this will be higher than the power cycle count, but the downside is often that the drive quickly exceeds limit and starts to flag smart errors or just plain fails to run any more. On yours they are close to same so probably the drive runs all the time, best way for an NVR IMHO else you lose feed while the drive spins up and miss recording bits.
@Aengus4h Thanks for that.

Yeah I wish I know what he did too.

How do I configure the setting which you mentioned about the "power cycle" thing? if that is possible to configure.

or do I just hope for the best?

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys

does anyone knows why I can't get audio recorded into my videos files too?

I know my camera supposedly have a microphone build in. But I never has any audio capture.

Can't even hear any audio from live view.

is there an extra hardware needed?

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if the camera has a mic built in (or a mic input) you'll need to enable it in the camera config via its GUI else it won't encode the audio track into the video feed. You can then enable video & audio at the NVR end.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Aengus4h Thanks for that.

Yeah I wish I know what he did too.

How do I configure the setting which you mentioned about the "power cycle" thing? if that is possible to configure.

or do I just hope for the best?
under storage -> advanced -> other there is a tickbox for "enable hdd sleeping" just clear that and save

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ideally the error/crc numbers should be zero
Not necessarily, when the attribute meaning and coding is manufacturer-specific.
It can be 'how long since the last error' so the larger the better.
It can be confusing though.
Some thoughts here, and other places where others have puzzled over this : Seagate SER, RRER & HEC
The author suggests there are 2 fields, each with it's own meaning.

does anyone knows why I can't get audio recorded into my videos files too?
Check in the camera web GUI that the video selection is 'Video&Audio'. That's the most common cause of no audio.
I'm assuming the cameras have a microphone either in-built or connected.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
Not necessarily, when the attribute meaning and coding is manufacturer-specific.
It can be 'how long since the last error' so the larger the better.
It can be confusing though.
Some thoughts here, and other places where others have puzzled over this : Seagate SER, RRER & HEC
The author suggests there are 2 fields, each with it's own meaning.

Check in the camera web GUI that the video selection is 'Video&Audio'. That's the most common cause of no audio.
I'm assuming the cameras have a microphone either in-built or connected.
I did asked for a microphone built in camera and I assumed that is what I paid for.

The setting like this from day one but never once had any audio.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did asked for a microphone built in camera and I assumed that is what I paid for.

if its the camera you posted in the original post, it does not have a built in mic, only mic input..you need to add a powered mic.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Is that the NVR config pages or the web GUI for the camera itself?
Audio needs to be enabled at the camera end too or it'll only send the video stream with no audio, the NVR won't configure that part of the camera function.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
if its the camera you posted in the original post, it does not have a built in mic, only mic input..you need to add a powered mic.
Yes Pal. It is the one I posted at the beginning. He told me this one has audio which was about tenner more.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that the NVR config pages or the web GUI for the camera itself?
Audio needs to be enabled at the camera end too or it'll only send the video stream with no audio, the NVR won't configure that part of the camera function.
@Aengus4h that was the NVR configuration page from the web GUI which the tech guy showed me.

I have no idea how to enter the camera GUI, I didn't know you can just enter into the camera GUI until you mentioned.

Please tell me how to enter to the camera GUI. Thanks

Last edited:

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How's the camera connected, to your LAN or direct into the back of the NVR using PoE?
If its into the NVR then you'd need to configure the NVR to allow access to the camera (virtual host or something).

To get to the camera you need to enter the camera's IP address (not the NVR) into the web browser and then logon and get to the config page.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
How's the camera connected, to your LAN or direct into the back of the NVR using PoE?
If its into the NVR then you'd need to configure the NVR to allow access to the camera (virtual host or something).

To get to the camera you need to enter the camera's IP address (not the NVR) into the web browser and then logon and get to the config page.
Thanks. How do I find the camera IP address?

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is it not shown in the camera management page under system?

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sounds like the NVR isn't configured to allow access, have a search on the forum as I know there's been posts on how to somewhere here. I don't have a PoE NVR so can't check on mine to help unfortunately.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
sounds like the NVR isn't configured to allow access, have a search on the forum as I know there's been posts on how to somewhere here. I don't have a PoE NVR so can't check on mine to help unfortunately.
thanks. appreciated

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Pal. It is the one I posted at the beginning. He told me this one has audio which was about tenner more.
It does have audio in just no mic....you can mess with the settings all day long... won't do any good until you attach a powered mic.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
It does have audio in just no mic....you can mess with the settings all day long... won't do any good until you attach a powered mic.
ok thanks.

I know where you coming from. but i was told that this camera has audio function.

I guessed I have been duped

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok thanks.

I know where you coming from. but i was told that this camera has audio function.

I guessed I have been duped
One last time. IT DOES HAVE AN AUDIO FUNCTION!!! You DO need to attach a mic.

Jon Sam

n3wb
Reaction score
One last time. IT DOES HAVE AN AUDIO FUNCTION!!! You DO need to attach a mic.
Thanks you again for that.

Please note I am just saying what I been told.

The guy told me it has microphone built in.

If I needed to get a external microphone to enable the camera audio then is fine. Thanks

I am just disappointed that all.

Attachments