NEW 1080P Wifi Video Doorbell!

Discussion in 'Nelly's Security' started by AJ47, Dec 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. CCTVCam

CCTVCam Getting the hang of it

Maybe you need a WiFi Extender such as this (not sure which will / won't work with your router but as you can see from a google search, they run from cheap to v. expensive at the pro end). This one is nice and cheap!:

NETGEAR WN3000RP-200UKS WiFi Range Extender - N300, Single-band

2. Bob NWI

Bob NWI n3wb

Thanks scn101 for your reply,

If I use a Hikvision NVR do you think I can do 24/7 record, take snap shots of motion send to FTP server and/or email all simultaneously? Will the Hikvision NVR web browser or software allow doorbell adjustment of all settings, motion, schedule, etc?

I’m setting up surveillance using four 1080p cameras, 2 need to record 24/7 and have motion/snap shot feature all to be controlled from NVR. If I have to purchase Hikvision cameras so be it!

3. scn101

scn101 Getting the hang of it

Yes, on my HV NVR I can setup for 24/7, motion, etc., on a per camera basis. You can control most of the camera's important features through the NVR, like motion sensitivity, area of interest, schedule, etc. The NVR manual is available here: http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/UploadFile/user manual & datasheet/UD.6L0202B1935A01_Baseline_Quick Start Guide of Network Video Recorder_76 77 86-E Series_V3.3.0_20150324.pdf

4. Bob NWI

Bob NWI n3wb

Sounds good. I just pulled the trigger on an inexpensive Hikvision mini NVR DS-7104NI-SN off Ebay for $50. Doesn't look like a US version but it is multi lingual. Possibly discontinued? I'll give an update after I try it out. Thanks again.

5. scn101

That's a pretty old model that I'm not familiar with. Hopefully you won't get the language mismatch error when adding HV cameras. Be careful updating its firmware (or just don't) as you may end up with a Chinese only speaking NVR.

6. Bob NWI

Bob NWI n3wb

It's a Latin American firmware but is multi language. I can always return it at my cost which is fine with me. If it works with the shipped firmware I'll leave it alone. Thanks for the advice and hope to post again this Saturday.

7. Bob NWI

Bob NWI n3wb

I have the Hikvision mini NVR DS-7104NI-SN up and running with my Uniden(Hikvision) U-Bell video doorbell. I got the doorbell configured with the Hikvision protocol not ONVIF. Appears to have full control of camera from NVR in addition to basic recording! The NVR came with FW 3.0.13 build 150429. Is it worth the risk to update to latest FW? What are the benefits?

8. scn101

9. Bob NWI

Bob NWI n3wb

Thanks scn101, it appears I might already have the latest FW.