New Hikvision Bullets DS-2CD2T32

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

dalepa

Reaction score
dalepa, Is it better and worth the extra $50 over the 2032.
On paper it looks worth it... And the difference is only $38 on aliexpress.

But, i'll have to test it to know for sure. The 16mm lens is nice feature along with hopefully better IR.

Min. Illumination .01 vs .07
SDCard vs no sdcard
IR 80 vs 20
Lens 4,6,16 vs 4,6,12

fmmike99

n3wb
Reaction score
Dalepa....Thx for being a pioneer on these. I want one with the 16mm but afraid to try since so few sellers with almost 0 orders. Hoping you get great results and I can order a couple myself. Anxiously looking forward to your review. Thx for being the trailblazer.

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for bringing this new camera to our attention. It looks great, the improvements primarily being the IR range and an SD slot.
I truly wish Hikvision would bring out some with user/computer adjustable variable focal and focus, or auto-focus with user/computer controlled variable focal length. It hopefully would be a tad more than mainstream bullets and not the jump that a full pan, tilt, zoom costs. I wonder if there's a place to give Hikvision feedback/suggestions? and if they'd appreciate hearing from the field?
Again, thanks and I too look forward to any reviews or feedback on this and any other new Hikvision cameras, like the fisheyes, from real life usage!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision does have motorized varifocal... Check their website...

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any chance you have a model number for to
His motorized varifocal length camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are so right. They appear to range around and over $400. I was hoping a motorized focal might be around $250. Oh well wishful thinking, for now. Glad to know now they are available should need and budget align. Thanks

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah 200 - 250 would put it right in an affordable sweet spot like Dahua.

dalepa

Reaction score
My DS-2CD2T32-I8 @4mm finally arrived, and it up and running.

Initial thoughts:
1. Its huge. Basically a square version of the Hikvision 2632 and several time larger than the tiny 2032. If you are looking to scare off the predator with a large box camera, this camera is for you
2. My 2T32 came with a mounting bracket that attaches to the base instead of the box style shown in the 1st photo. My order didn't say anything about this, but I like this attachment better, so im not complaining.

3. Daytime quality is no different than my 2032's. I'll update on the nighttime later tonight.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-2CD2T32-I8-3MP-IP-Camera-EXIR-Bullet-Outdoor-Network-Camera-IR-range-up-to/2053169208.html

This location is not the best judge for a night example, but I was able to get some starts to show up on this cam.

Attachments

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the early feedback. Question? With the mounting arm you received, is the wiring exposed outside the case then?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@dalepa is there an SD card slot? Looking forward your review of the nightvision.

Last edited by a moderator: