New Hikvision Bullets DS-2CD2T32

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to change the HTTP port, for port forwarding purposes in conjunction with DDNS.
Most routers allow you to set a distinct external port and internal port...you can leave the camera port on 80 and simply change the external port.

streety

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I have just implemented that and it works perfectly - gets rid of the reboot problem nicely.

Very much appreciated. :applause:

Streety.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I have just implemented that and it works perfectly - gets rid of the reboot problem nicely.

Very much appreciated. :applause:

Streety.
Your very welcome. How you where trying to go about it is a typical mistake people make that don't have lots of experience with networking. Now you know its never good practice to change the port numbers on the device, Just leave them at there default and always change them on the router they way we showed you. Now from your internal network you don't have to add the port number to the url to access the cameras because there on default port 80.:D

Reaction score
Your very welcome. How you where trying to go about it is a typical mistake people make that don't have lots of experience with networking. Now you know its never good practice to change the port numbers on the device, Just leave them at there default and always change them on the router they way we showed you. Now from your internal network you don't have to add the port number to the url to access the cameras because there on default port 80.:D
Sorry to necro this thread once again, but this will help reinforce something I am pondering right now. So what you do is leave the internal port at the default 8000 for device or 80 for http, and then change the external port to whatever you want so that when you try to access the camera or whatever from something externally, you go to the external port you said in the router and then it matches the external port to the internal port that is default. This changes my life.

Reaction score
Hello, I was reading through posts and came across your experiences with Hikvision and LPR/LPC we are trying to capture images of rear plates entering a cemetery but the taillights are affecting the image I believe and the plate comes out all white. The camera ( DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS ) is about plate height and roughly 10' off the driveway. I wasn't sure if this was a settings issue or a camera issue. Per your post:

Re: New Hikvision Bullets DS-2CD2T32

I am happy with the License Plate at night with the T32 at 16mm.

We have ordered a HIK-DS2CD2T32I516MM to try but still wasn't sure how you had settings in this video. It is perfect for what we are trying to accomplish so any insight would be a great help! Thanks so much!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
@swsolutions, what are your image settings in the night-time profile?
for plates at night, you really need to crank down your exposure (i use 1/1000).
you won't see anything but lights & plates at that setting tho...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
That is I'm sure what our issue is. We have to visit the site to log directly in the camera to do this as the software wont allow changes of this nature to be made remotely. Thanks for the fast response. We will try this and see. Only seeing plates and lights is fine as we have another camera overseeing the whole area.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
if you can't set up separate day/night settings, whatever works well at night for plates will also work during the day.

Reaction score
This camera does have separate day/night settings. We are going to tweak it this weekend and see what we get. Thanks again