New Hikvision Bullets DS-2CD2T32

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pretty cool, how did you manage to add the wind speed in the OSD? Is this time lapse effect simply a 1 FPS setting?

The DS-2CD2T32 image quality on par with the 2032. Not sure if its better than the Hik2632...

switch to 1080p...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@NVR, Something doesnt look right in day and night images..did you mess with the image settings?
The night is particularly washed out..

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Big down side to these cameras is cable, it should either be routed through the bracket or allow for a copex connection, a fly lead lets down what other wise is a great camera.

Redeye

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm mostly at factory settings, one thing is my old system is wireless - hate it. When I installed the new camera, I ran cat5 but, as I don't have an poe switch yet, I used "injectors" to power camera. Are these satisfactory? I was thinking of replacing these first.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Redeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Definitely picking up an poe switch, just wanted to see it go asap
cat 5 is only about 15' long, 12v 1A power adapter, kind of on the edge, 10.5 W max camera consumption.
Do you feel this is making a difference now?

Redeye

n3wb
Reaction score
That is the switch I was looking at ..$54.99 cdn at NCIX

Reaction score
This is my 2nd 2CD2T32-8 @ 16mm... I have it setup temporary for now in the front yard.

Here's another view of the IR from my Hik 2032, which gives some indication of how much brighter it is compared to the 2032.

The T32 is in a bad location in front of a tree to make any meaningfull IR compares... I'll be moving it to it's final destination in a month or so... Its currently in font of a tree catching license plates. I need to find a better place i know.
Do you have a night shot of the 2CD2T32i8 4mm from that location. With that kind of lens, does it throw the IR very far but not able to see any detail in the distances beyond 15m?

Brenner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello. I´ve got my new i8 with 16mm lense today. I´m curios about the nightview compared to my 2332.

I have a little problem but maybe it´s quite normal cause of the 16mm lense.
I want to have a view on my driveway. The gate is 16,5m far away and 4m width. Before I order the cam with 16mm lense, I´ve used a calculator for this view. Now I mounted the cam and everything is fine.

...but there is one problem. I´ve got a blurred view from 0-9m. After this the picture is sharp. So I have only 7m on my driveway with a sharp view.

Is this normal?

(Picture below: my head very blurred, PRIUS sign a little bit blurred, Cat sharp.)

Attachments

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your problem is ... not a problem!! It has to do with the depth of field of the lens. The longer the lens i.e. the longer its focal length, the less its depth of field it is. That's why all smartphones have short lens (i.e. small focal length) in order to achieve more depth of field and reduce the appearance of out of focus objects in the picture and thus minimise consumers complaints of a poor smartphone camera implementation. Therefore (most) smartphones do not have focus functionality, they are fixed focus. Similarly, all surveilance cameras (except the varifocal ones) come out of the factory as fixed focus. You could (theoretically) opn the camera and fiddle with its focusing but all you could achieve is to focus at the near objects but then the far objects would go out of focus. It is a matter of optics. Unfortunately the deph of field of the camera lens is not specified in the manufacturers data sheet to help us choose the best lens for a given application.

Brenner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you.

Unfortunately the deph of field of the camera lens is not specified in the manufacturers data sheet to help us choose the best lens for a given application.
Yes, this information would help. I never ordered the 16mm version if I would know this fact.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the 16mm lens you have achieved the optimum pixels per meter at the front entrance of your premise. If you had choosen a wider angle lens (say 4mm), the horizontal field of view at your entrance would be wider (would you want this?), the pixels per meter would reduce (thus less resolution at the entrance) and the depth of field would increase (thus the nearer objects would be in focus, but why would you care so much for the nearer objects?).

Therefore as you can see the selection of the lens focal length is a compomise between the following optical and spatial characteristics:
1. Horizontal and vertical field of view (this info is not always given in some data sheets) which of course is another measure of the horizontal and vertical angle of view (this info is mostly given in the data sheets)
2. horizontal and vertical spatial resolution at a given distance from the camera
3. depth of view (from which distance ad until which distance away from the camera, the obects are in focus

You must select your priorities first in order to choose a fixed focal length lens. Otherwise buy a varifocal lens and adjust the focal length of the lens during installation to suit your needs. Mind you that by definition (and in most practical cases) a varifocal lens is of lower optical quality (lower optical resolution, more noise i.e. grain in the image, chromatic abberations, optical distortions) than a fixed focal lengh (ask any photographer about this).

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I hope its ok to bring back such an old thread, but ever since I read this thread, and saw the specs on this camera, with a whopping 80 meters of IR ive become FIXATED on this model camera. With the price as low as it is and the sheer output of the camera IR I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't more of a popular cam. I would like some more updates and more screenshots of the night vision if that is possible, it would be greatly appreciated! Ive been trying to buy this camera for MONTHS and have literally bought it THREE TIMES , once from eBay, only to be told after I bought it that it wasn't a 2t32, but a 2232 i5, lol, and then once before on Amazon only to be told the item is no longer available, lol......and finally, a 3rd time on Amazon , after a thorough repeated questioning to the seller to see if its the ACTUAL item lol- hope this one sticks! Finding it has been like finding a needle in a haystack!

thorn2fish

n3wb
Reaction score
I also would like to get an update on how this series of cameras is performing. I am trying to decide between this or the D2-2CD22x2 exir bullets? Any reliability, quality issues or other gotcha's? As the previous poster stated, there isn't any chatter on the web about this series.

streety

n3wb
Reaction score
Raising an old thread but I have recently installed one of these. I am delighted with the picture quality, night performance and compatability with my Hik 7604 NVR - however, I have been unable to change the http port without sending the camera into some sort of reboot loop. Has anyone else found this? Several times, I have had to TFTP the FW back onto the camera, just so I can get it working again. It's completely stable if I leave the HTTP port at 80. The FW version I am using is V5.3.0 build 150814.

I was originally using a 12V 1A adaptor but have purchased a PoE injector (in case it was the adaptor that was causing the issue). The problem only manifests itself when I change from the default HTTP port value. Both power supplies are stable when the default HTTP is kept.

I would like to change the HTTP port, for port forwarding purposes in conjunction with DDNS.

I also find the expert motion detection settings very confusing (proportion of...specifically) - want to use expert settings so I can have different settings for day/night but I can't seem to find a balance between nothing being recorded and every damn bug or raindrop causing a recording trigger. Being UK based, rain is a particular issue :)

First post - great forum by the way. Thanks all.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Raising an old thread but I have recently installed one of these. I am delighted with the picture quality, night performance and compatability with my Hik 7604 NVR - however, I have been unable to change the http port without sending the camera into some sort of reboot loop. Has anyone else found this? Several times, I have had to TFTP the FW back onto the camera, just so I can get it working again. It's completely stable if I leave the HTTP port at 80. The FW version I am using is V5.3.0 build 150814.

I was originally using a 12V 1A adaptor but have purchased a PoE injector (in case it was the adaptor that was causing the issue). The problem only manifests itself when I change from the default HTTP port value. Both power supplies are stable when the default HTTP is kept.

I would like to change the HTTP port, for port forwarding purposes in conjunction with DDNS.

I also find the expert motion detection settings very confusing (proportion of...specifically) - want to use expert settings so I can have different settings for day/night but I can't seem to find a balance between nothing being recorded and every damn bug or raindrop causing a recording trigger. Being UK based, rain is a particular issue :)

First post - great forum by the way. Thanks all.
Instead of changing the HTTP port on the camera a better way is to leave the default ports and change the ports on the router, Most routers allow you to change the external port from the internal port so for example when you setup port forwarding on the router for the external port could be something like 8081 or what ever you want and the internal port would be 80. This is a better way of doing things.