New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I just checked to see if EZVIZ posted their new firmware build 200220 (2020-04-02) on their US site and they still have not. Wonder why...

1586192752853.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L It's a mechanical chime. It's just weird that it worked before and since I've switched to the new doorbell...nothing.
So here is a series of questions:

What type of transformer do you have? ex. v16 10va
Have you checked the voltage at your Doorbell or Chime?
When you press the Doorbell button do you get notification (Call Log) in your App or does it call you phone?

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So here is a series of questions:

What type of transformer do you have? ex. v16 10va
8/16/24V 30W Transformer wired for 16V
Have you checked the voltage at your Doorbell or Chime?
Haven't checked voltage at chime. What voltage should it read?
When you press the Doorbell button do you get notification (Call Log) in your App or does it call you phone?
Yes I get notification/phone call when doorbell button is pressed.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it should be around 16v, could be a little higher, maybe 18v but it cannot be lower than 12v. Each transformer puts off different voltage. You mentioned the power kit stopped the hum, was it only at night (IRs turned on) or all the time? So if you need to test the voltage further I would test voltage at Doorbell, then at Chime, they show be the same from the transformer, if they are and it is not a wiring issue then I would check the voltage at the Chime while having someone press your Doorbell, see if it drops below 12v. I always push the video to help explain the load issues our Doorbell encounters which connected to a Chime.

16v 10va vs. 16v 30va Doorbell Transformer

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just for my better understanding - the different firmware versions offered here for download are ALWAYS original versions of the manufacturers, which can be used and installed alternately under the same hardware conditions - right?

The firmware was NOT modified by users of the forum - right?

The differences seem to me at first sight small, or is there a certain firmware which is the "MustHave" firmware?

Addendum to my "cats" posting above - mowing robots are not recognized either :D

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If this supports ONVIF, this might be the best firmware by far.
It does not :( , yes I agree with you. We have a new Hikvision firmware that got added to the ONVIF list (LaView & Nelly's) If only EZVIZ would add ONVIF, it would have all the features together, Google/Alexa support, turn off outdoor chime...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just for my better understanding - the different firmware versions offered here for download are ALWAYS original versions of the manufacturers, which can be used and installed alternately under the same hardware conditions - right? CORRECT

The firmware was NOT modified by users of the forum - right? CORRECT

The differences seem to me at first sight small, or is there a certain firmware which is the "MustHave" firmware? DEPENDS , most go for ONVIF support.

Addendum to my "cats" posting above - mowing robots are not recognized either :D :thumb:

Reaction score
I have the EZViz DB1 doorbell already for a while. It really annoys me big time that i'm unable to integrate the device with my Home Automation (Google+Home Assistant).
I've forked pyezviz on github and am adding quite some features to the package. I also wanted to implement "Live view" functionality in the package (instead of RTSP), but am unable to find out the exact magic i need to implement.
Is there anybody here with information about what kind of magic EZViz uses here?
At this time i suspect it uses a Elliptic-curve Diffie–Hellman key exchange. I conclude this based on the functionnames: "ezstream_generateECDHKey" and "zstream_setClientECDHKey" in their SDK.
I also see that some certificate-information is exchanged between the Ezviz-App and my EZviz-camera before starting the "Live view".

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the EZViz DB1 doorbell already for a while. It really annoys me big time that i'm unable to integrate the device with my Home Automation (Google+Home Assistant).
I've forked pyezviz on github and am adding quite some features to the package. I also wanted to implement "Live view" functionality in the package (instead of RTSP), but am unable to find out the exact magic i need to implement.
Is there anybody here with information about what kind of magic EZViz uses here?
At this time i suspect it uses a Elliptic-curve Diffie–Hellman key exchange. I conclude this based on the functionnames: "ezstream_generateECDHKey" and "zstream_setClientECDHKey" in their SDK.
I also see that some certificate-information is exchanged between the Ezviz-App and my EZviz-camera before starting the "Live view".
Hi Sander. I’m not sure what you mean by “live view” . Rtsp is a streaming protocol which provides “live view”. I use motioneye on raspberry pi and have a live view via rtsp, when I login with a webbrowser. So could you please explain what you are trying to get, which can’t be done via rtsp?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here live view was an issue. Using RTSP, ONVIF and JPG captures fixed this with my automation touchscreens and my ancillary Leviton OmniPro Omnitouch screens.

The new generation of IP cameras today utilize faster CPUs and more memory and are much more self sufficient.

Security / CCTV was always an issue with DIY automation in general especially if you had a 3rd party company doing the security monitoring. (life and safety stuff).

The companies that use the cloud (EZViz for example) don't typically publish APIs to use their stuff and it has to be reverse engineered. If you disconnect your device from the cloud and take to controlling it internally then you will not benefit from the cloud application. BUT if you can replicate all of the features of the cloud application at home then you will have done well.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a snapshot from a non onvif source?
This is from 101
http://<IP Address>/onvif/snapshot.jpg

but I ran into an issue (i think) related to having too many onvif streams going, and would like to get a snapshot for home automation, but maybe not from onvif

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

No as it doesn't have the standard HikVision CGI and HTML interfaces.

I tried doing a side by side Hikvision open camera boards which have the browser interface and CGI and a microphone and speaker.

Note that this was using the batch configuration program and the Hikvision NVR software (no cloud apps).

My very old OmniPro Omnitouch panels only use JPG or mjpeg.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is from 101
http://<IP Address>/onvif/snapshot.jpg

but I ran into an issue (i think) related to having too many onvif streams going, and would like to get a snapshot for home automation, but maybe not from onvif
See this, I did a search for snapshot in this thread:

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See this, I did a search for snapshot in this thread:

Wow. I did the same and did not find anything either. Most of the comments were older so thought maybe I missed something or maybe there was a different search term such as isapi that maybe I missed. But thanks for the search

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had this doorbell (EZVIZ DB1) installed and working fine since December. All of a sudden my indoor mechanical chime is no longer ringing when the button is pressed. I have confirmed that my chime is working ok and I even replaced my 16V transformer just to be safe. No luck. I'm starting to think that it must be either the power kit or the doorbell itself?? I bought it on Amazon in December and EZVIZ is telling me that they will not honor the warranty because I did not get it through an authorized re-seller. Any advice or tips here would be greatly appreciated.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had this doorbell (EZVIZ DB1) installed and working fine since December. All of a sudden my indoor mechanical chime is no longer ringing when the button is pressed. I have confirmed that my chime is working ok and I even replaced my 16V transformer just to be safe. No luck. I'm starting to think that it must be either the power kit or the doorbell itself?? I bought it on Amazon in December and EZVIZ is telling me that they will not honor the warranty because I did not get it through an authorized re-seller. Any advice or tips here would be greatly appreciated.
I would check voltages at the Chime while pressing DB button.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry I'm trying to find the answer to a question but there's no many posts here it's difficult.

I've just installed the Ezviz DB1 replacing my previous Nest Hello. So far I really like it although it's not quite as polished at the Hello. There's one feature I'd really like to get working is having either Alexa (preferred) or Google make a sound when someone rings the doorbell. The Hello had this feature where it would recognise people but I'm not expecting that, just an alert, like a secondary chime. Is that possible?
Looks like it's only available in the USA from my quick Google :(
The $5 sage sensor is a zigbee device and works quite well, if you have a zigbee controller. It's near real time in HA.

Sage Sensor is a Zigbee device but it will require a hub. It is a discontinued model however there are hundred of it available on E-bay when I last checked for average at 5 dollar a piece.

I am using it with Hubitat hub - Hubitat Elevation™ | Local, Reliable, Fast and Private Home Automation and it works great. There is also a driver it for it on SmartThing hub and when I last checked in Home Assistance chatroom that they were working on a sage port for Home Assistance hub.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would check voltages at the Chime while pressing DB button.

Thank you so much for your reply David. I'm alone so it's tough to press the button outside and read the multimeter at the same time ;) But just to be safe, I have ordered a 16v 30va transformer which will arrive tomorrow. I had already purchased and installed a new 16v 10va transformer which did not fix the problem . Hopefully the 30va transformer gets my indoor chime working again. It's just strange that everything was working fine for months before this happened. Thanks again for your reply.