New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
But to use the feedback you have to install ezviz app again LOL
Be sure to mention you would be concerned about the safety of your children if they use the apps to monitor and screen who at the door.

This is one of my biggest concerns, my children use Tablet mounted on wall to monitor who at the door if it one of our family members or a total stranger. Now with mic enabled at default, a stranger could use that to their advantage knowing they could be home alone if the children not realized that they are being heard on other side.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The EZVIZ red/green buttons screen will come up if you answer it on a unlocked iPhone screen from the EZVIZ banner notification that appear from the top.

On the locked screen, that notification banner has been replaced with a iPhone locked slider bar.

Edited - It turn out I was wrong about this after testing it some more .. both lock and unlock screen answer with mic enabled. But in a blink of an eye, I sworn I could see the old style red / green button viewer come up for a second before being switched over to the new viewer .. maybe it just my eye playing tricks on me ..
I had it were the red green button came up, but cannot replicate it again.

Edit, how come the G/Vision app works with our DBs, on what principle does it work, is there any other apps that would be better suited for answering the DB.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
someone put a comment in his video linking to the 101 to this thread to unlock more features and he deleted it? I wonder why.
Because he will not want to be seen to be promoting the use of other firmware, hacks or anything that could cause problems for Ezviz, imagine if Ezviz got flooded will calls, emails saying i put some other firmware on my camera and now it will not work.

doctoru30

n3wb
Reaction score
So I am not the one that can help you but do not panic, there is a solution to fix this so do not trash your DB. Worse case a hard reset (no power for an hour or two) to fully drain it's battery, is one fix. This will get you back to factory settings, with the P/W reset back to original.
But there is probably a better way, so I am going to let others Chime in...
Thanks David, I was able to reset my password.

Now I run into another problem. I can't change any options in the CCD menu. When I try to change something I get the error "Error Code HCNetSDK.dll [11]. (Data error. The data sent to or received from the device is incorrect)" and Batch Configuration closes itself.
In the "Image" menu I can make changes, the problem is in the CCD menu.
What do I miss?

error.JPG

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David, I was able to reset my password.

Now I run into another problem. I can't change any options in the CCD menu. When I try to change something I get the error "Error Code HCNetSDK.dll [11]. (Data error. The data sent to or received from the device is incorrect)" and Batch Configuration closes itself.
In the "Image" menu I can make changes, the problem is in the CCD menu.
What do I miss?

View attachment 64895
From our 101:

⦁ If you are having problems with Batch Config Tool version 3.0.3.8 crashing, download version 3.0.2.6 for fix - just2bad

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
someone put a comment in his video linking to the 101 to this thread to unlock more features and he deleted it? I wonder why.
I just did the same, we will see if he removes my message...If he does I will remove his review so we do not have any issues. I am sure EZVIZ is aware of our Forum, it is in all the searches of their DB.
Sad because we have a world of help info here, we are not only about changing firmware.

1593336984992.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Because he will not want to be seen to be promoting the use of other firmware, hacks or anything that could cause problems for Ezviz, imagine if Ezviz got flooded will calls, emails saying i put some other firmware on my camera and now it will not work.
If EZVIZ would just turn on the ONVIF option in their firmware, they would solve any foreign firmware problems. Though they would still get calls from people trying to connect their DB to third party devices (NVRs. Synology, Blue Iris, etc.) via ONVIF. We just saw that they listened to a few owners that complained about no audio on DB button press calls and they changed their App to please them. Hopefully a flood of users will call/contact them on this huge mistake and they will listen to them/us and change this back (Or add an Enable/Disable option like TechBill suggested) to fix this very open audio problem.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He mentions a free 3 hour cloudservice. I don’t see that available in the options. There is only A trial version of the 24/7 cloud service in my app available. Is this country dependent?
Guess he got it from Amazon:

1593339203301.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.