New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’ll try the UPNP suggestion.

I have the comcast router/firewall box (wifi is off) with 10.0.0.x network / DHCP so all the devices on the LAN are 10.0.0.x. Then I have the Apple airport thats functioning as wifi. Finally i have the netgear wifi extender to partition the doorbell to have its own network id/secret.

The same exact setup works in another house, so perhaps something’s off with this comcast box

Will follow the UPNP advice and report back.
Sorry, guess I am use to 192.168.x.x internal networks. I have not had a Comcast modem in over a decade, running a SB6190 now, my second modem purchase. Comcast charges $10 a month where I am at, so this $75 modem pays for itself in less than a year. Also, no more Comcast Hotspots owning your own modem (but looks like you can now turn that off, there was a time you could not).

Yeah let us know your outcome with the Plug N Plug, it will help others. I would just be sure and turn off UPnP after your Doorbell is registered like Emiks5 stated.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ipnrs behind an end-node router, like we all have at home, are in the so called private address ranges: 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, and 192.168.0.0/16.

dmiller

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find the IOS app for this camera hardly usable. Too bad, I like the hardware.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find the IOS app for this camera hardly usable. Too bad, I like the hardware.
Did you try all the different Apps that work with our Doorbell, LaView ONE, EZVIZ, Hik-Connect, etc.?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do any of those app allow for answering the bell? I have no issue with video out.
If you mean calling your phone when the doorbell is pushed, I would say they all do. I use LaView ONE and it works, but it is off and on. There are times it works great, every time I push it I get a call, but just tried it and it called on the third button push. Not sure it is an App thing, maybe a cloud thing.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here found that if I shut off the 5Ghz radio on my WAP then connected with no issues to the 2.4Ghz radio.

Currently utilizing a Ruckus WAP doing my network a la carte with an Arris SB6190, PFSense Firewall, managed switches and Ruckus WAP.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I love the doorbell, still dislike that I cannot disable the outside "ding dong", I saw that some people have covered the speaker, How well does that work covering the sound, for those that have done this? And where is the speaker? Lastly, has anyone disconnected the speaker? Is it possible to disconnect, and then reconnect later if needed?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here I was able to turn down the volume using batch configuration application. Try to turn the output volume to zero and see what happens.
Here turned mine down so it is not as loud and it worked for me.

volumecontrol.jpg

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here I was able to turn down the volume using batch configuration application. Try to turn the output volume to zero and see what happens.
Here turned mine down so it is not as loud and it worked for me.

View attachment 50766
I don't think this made any difference, at lease not to the doorbell ding dong sound. I just set it and tested. I think that's just for two way communication

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here found that if I shut off the 5Ghz radio on my WAP then connected with no issues to the 2.4Ghz radio.

Currently utilizing a Ruckus WAP doing my network a la carte with an Arris SB6190, PFSense Firewall, managed switches and Ruckus WAP.
Same for me. Plus have read others have done the same. On the 2.4 band I still get good speeds, no problems.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Same here. Outside walls block 5 Ghz too much I think

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Ring Doorbell only setting it indoors and 10 feet away from the Ruckus WAP.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have had a lot of people (delivery people) try to push the PIR sensor in the middle to ring the bell. Unfortunately it’s now cracked and I am afraid it’s going to allow moisture inside of the unit. has anyone had this issue and dealt with any sort of DIY fix? Curious what I might be able to do to fix it. No opposed to replacing the dome with something new and more rigid if it won’t affect the operation.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have had a lot of people (delivery people) try to push the PIR sensor in the middle to ring the bell. Unfortunately it’s now cracked and I am afraid it’s going to allow moisture inside of the unit. has anyone had this issue and dealt with any sort of DIY fix? Curious what I might be able to do to fix it. No opposed to replacing the dome with something new and more rigid if it won’t affect the operation.
That sucks. I better check mine. Good thing it looks like it is separate and is screwed on. FCC sure take some bad pictures. Lighting, Lighting, Lighting people :)
It looks like the sensor is silver with the black rectangle on it. So is the dome dark transparent like the dome cameras use? Sorry no ideas come to mind on a fix, but I will do some searching. You have a year warranty worse case.

1573993115140.png1573993741331.png1573993511025.png1573994661471.png

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder, have you switched the blue indicator ring on or off? I have the impression that switching it on might tempt people to press the correct button. I’m still not sure though. Still experimenting wirh it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder, have you switched the blue indicator ring on or off? I have the impression that switching it on might tempt people to press the correct button. I’m still not sure though. Still experimenting wirh it.
It would be nice if the blue light could be on a timer to turn off at night. I have mine off cause it was so bright at night it would almost light up my porch, you could see it bright and clear from our street 50 feet away.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It would be nice if the blue light could be on a timer to turn off at night. I have mine off cause it was so bright at night it would almost light up my porch, you could see it bright and clear from our street 50 feet away.
Indeed, it is very bright. And at night it seems to attract mosquitos, which trigger my motion detection of the rpi-software.