New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Bill search for iPhone only apps and it will be there.
Awesome, I will check it when I get home.

Hopefully, it’ll install on my old iPad2

Thanks!

Bulldog5

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with reliable button press call popup on your phone? It seems more than not, anytime the doorbell is rang, my phone does nothing. I'll get PIR Alarm notifications, and even those are delayed sometimes. I'm using the EZVIZ DB1 and EZVIZ android app. Same thing on 2 different phones. Anyone have luck with a different app?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I was having the same issue with the pop up for my phone , (note 10) even after shutting off the optimize battery for the app in the phone settings.
Updating the firmware from page 101 from this thread made it better but I still had no live view when the doorbell was pushed.

I changed to the Guarding Vision app, and removed the battery from being optimized for the new app and now it is just about 100%, and live view was there.
This is for the NDB313-W

Morgon

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded my RCA doorbell to the LaView 190716 firmware, the timezone frequently goes wonky. Most times, it's been Pacific US (I'm Eastern), but today it was 10 hours off, which seems like it's more than a timezone issue since there's no UTC-15.

I reset the TZ and it's fine for a few days, but then resets again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded my RCA doorbell to the LaView 190716 firmware, the timezone frequently goes wonky. Most times, it's been Pacific US (I'm Eastern), but today it was 10 hours off, which seems like it's more than a timezone issue since there's no UTC-15.

I reset the TZ and it's fine for a few days, but then resets again. Anyone else experiencing this?
I can imagine that these sort of bugs are indeed related to the fw change. Have you tried changing it to the original fw or ezviz fw ( via the original fw)?

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with the video "smearing" (looks like kids finger paint) totally unusable after answering the video call? It starts a second or so after answering the call... and goes back to normal after hanging up.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your painting plastics it might be a good idea to scuff it up a little, 220 grit, and use a plastic primer to make sure you get a good bond.
A light sanding works great. I have not used primer but do use spray paint for plastics and it works great.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with reliable button press call popup on your phone? It seems more than not, anytime the doorbell is rang, my phone does nothing. I'll get PIR Alarm notifications, and even those are delayed sometimes. I'm using the EZVIZ DB1 and EZVIZ android app. Same thing on 2 different phones. Anyone have luck with a different app?
Yes/No, see DOORBELL 101 Troubleshooting section

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was having the same issue with the pop up for my phone , (note 10) even after shutting off the optimize battery for the app in the phone settings.
Updating the firmware from page 101 from this thread made it better but I still had no live view when the doorbell was pushed.

I changed to the Guarding Vision app, and removed the battery from being optimized for the new app and now it is just about 100%, and live view was there.
This is for the NDB313-W
Thanks for sharing...I remember reading this review on Nelly's site:

1581028713103.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Can I ask you when you updated to LaView firmware with your RCA and how old is your RCA? Thank You...

I have not read of this issue but there was once a firmware upgrade that fixed a timezone issue:

You mentioned resetting your TZ, did you do this in your App? Which App?
You may try doing so in the Batch Config. Tool

1581030340420.png

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing...I remember reading this review on Nelly's site:

View attachment 55229

I just deleted EZVIZ app and now added in the Guarding Vision App to test it. It let me sign in with same username and password that I setup on EZVIZ app so EZVIZ is using hikvision's push service for sure.

I am getting PIR events notification now with the Guarding Vision but need more testing before I can really compare the two apps.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with the video "smearing" (looks like kids finger paint) totally unusable after answering the video call? It starts a second or so after answering the call... and goes back to normal after hanging up.
Yes, I have had something similar, it looked like Ghosting, that we use to see on analog TVs, I was surprised when I saw it, thinking I would see more digital noise like pixelation. Not sure if this is what you are talking about. I have also seen this in video playback. But both have been rare, probably less than 5% for us...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just deleted EZVIZ app and now added in the Guarding Vision App to test it. It let me sign in with same username and password that I setup on EZVIZ app so EZVIZ is using hikvision's push service for sure.

I am getting PIR events notification now with the Guarding Vision but need more testing before I can really compare the two apps.
Great, let us know. I need to add this as a possible fix in the 101. Only reason I have not yet is some Apps work different for some Users...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Great, let us know. I need to add this as a possible fix in the 101. Only reason I have not yet is some Apps work different for some Users...
One thing sore sure which I liked about the Guarding Vision app over the EZVIZ app is the vibration so far.

I and my wife are both Deaf and we are alerted by feeling the vibration not by the sound. The EZVIZ only vibrates 3 times before stopping while the Guarding Vision vibrates 12 times before stopping if you don't answer it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One thing sore sure which I liked about the Guarding Vision app over the EZVIZ app is the vibration so far.

I and my wife are both Deaf and we are alerted by feeling the vibration not by the sound. The EZVIZ only vibrates 3 times before stopping while the Guarding Vision vibrates 12 times before stopping if you don't answer it.
I can say I have read usually good things when others have switched to Guarding Vision App...The App has been around for a few years. I may need to give it a try myself.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
With the Guarding Vision app if you miss the "ring" / vibration and pull it down from the notification on your phone it is still active, meaning it will start vibrating again, not sure how long.
If you install the app you need to remove the DB from your other app device list or it will tell you it is in use.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With the Guarding Vision app if you miss the "ring" / vibration and pull it down from the notification on your phone it is still active, meaning it will start vibrating again, not sure how long.
If you install the app you need to remove the DB from your other app device list or it will tell you it is in use.
Thank you...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I just uninstalled the ezviz itself. Should I have remove it before uninstalling it? When I installed the Guarding Vision, it already showed up on as a device so I didn't have to add the device back into it.