New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Bossman74

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't remember if Ezviz app have that function or not but on Hik-Connect, you can set up time schedule (during your work time) that you don't want to be disturbed however I am not sure if that function will also be shared over to other devices or each device have it own notification time schedule settings. This may be something you should look into.
Will do and let you guys know, thank you all for the help !

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't remember if Ezviz app have that function or not but on Hik-Connect, you can set up time schedule (during your work time) that you don't want to be disturbed however I am not sure if that function will also be shared over to other devices or each device have it own notification time schedule settings. This may be something you should look into.
@Bossman74

If,
using Android?

You can do the same natively,
using,
the built in DND features (Do Not Disturb).

This too,
can be set on a schedule,
but,
also via quick tile,
for spur of the moment meetings.

This way,
you should still get the notifications,
but,
they will not chime aloud,
if,
setup correctly.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If using Android?
you can do the same natively using the built in DND features (Do Not Disturb) it to can be set on a schedule or via quick tile for spur of the moment meetings.
Is it App specific or for the whole phone? My daughter just told me about the feature over the weekend :), for the phone that is. I need to check it out. Just found it in the Android pull-down menu.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it App specific or for the whole phone? My daughter just told me about the feature over the weekend :), for the phone that is. I need to check it out. Just found it in the Android pull-down menu.
Ok, never-mind, dumb question, I get it, it is for when you are in church or our Funeral last week, as my daughter pointed out to my wife and I. Smart phone, dumb user :)

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not exactly app specific.

You can however,
set exclusions,
depending,
on what version of android.

In the drop down you mentioned,
I'm guessing you found the Quick tile for it,
So,
long click,
on that tile,
and it should give you an extended menu,
with settings,
versus a single click,
will,
turn it on/off.

Last edited:

Bossman74

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've shared my user's device with my wife's newly created user on her phone. Sadly the shared side cannot set her own notifications criterias since it shares mine (from the master app). I've added a scheduled for motion detection, but have not found a way to deactivated doorbell calls to my phone only during that period.

A nice feature to add in the future would be a location based notifications rules, especially since the app is already checking my location full time. I could use my work location to deactivate all notifications and calls. without using DND mod.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So I've shared my user's device with my wife's newly created user on her phone. Sadly the shared side cannot set her own notifications criterias since it shares mine (from the master app). I've added a scheduled for motion detection, but have not found a way to deactivated doorbell calls to my phone only during that period.

A nice feature to add in the future would be a location based notifications rules, especially since the app is already checking my location full time. I could use my work location to deactivate all notifications and calls. without using DND mod.

I checked my wife home when I got home tonight, .. it looks like the notification setting is locked to the master app only and all of the shared app does not have it own setting of any kind.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

On Android,

If you use Tasker,
you can setup a task,
that will activate DND per location,
based on wifi, or gps, or both.

There are other automation apps that will provide the like,
Tasker is just the best of them.

You could,
instead of triggering DND,
simply trigger the different sound modes,
Sound, Vibrate, Silent, Etc.,
via Tasker, or the like,
also.

In Tasker,
you would also setup an exit task,
so that when you leave a location,
the settings would revert.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
My wife and I both had playback error tonight on all notifications. Screenshot worked fine but playback kept popping up errors. I had reboot the doorbell to make it stop error'ing out on playback but no record was lost. All the recordings was still on the SC card after the reboot.

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Um. I think I killed my doorbell. I've been playing with it a lot, connecting and disconnect, and now the lights won't come on. No red or blue lights. Is there any hope if I wait a couple of hours with it unplugged?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Um. I think I killed my doorbell. I've been playing with it a lot, connecting and disconnect, and now the lights won't come on. No red or blue lights. Is there any hope if I wait a couple of hours with it unplugged?
Did you install the fuse? If so you might check it.

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I have been using the fuse and no powerkit. Fuse is still good. Tried connect without fuse and no lights either. Tried with powerkit and no lights too.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disconnecting, Physically? If so, have you checked voltage on your wires, or at your transformer? Have you tried the Reset button? You could drain it's battery with No Power for a couple of hours, yes.
Keep us informed of your results, thanks...

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, physically disconnected it.
Voltage across wires is good (ie. same as transformer 24vac or 12vac or even 12vdc).
Have not tried Reset button. Would that even work when DB shows no signs of life? Should I reset if I have ezviz but on laview firmware? I suppose I have nothing to lose.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, physically disconnected it.
Voltage across wires is good (ie. same as transformer 24vac or 12vac or even 12vdc).
Have not tried Reset button. Would that even work when DB shows no signs of life? Should I reset if I have ezviz but on laview firmware? I suppose I have nothing to lose.
Good catch. Yeah we have found that resetting a Doorbell with different firmware has caused problems. But there is a fix. I would tried to drain the battery first. So even with no lights, is there any communication from the DB? In App or on your router?

⦁ RESETTING Your Doorbell; If you have changed your Doorbell's firmware to another brand's firmware (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell but have upgraded to LaView's firmware) DO NOT Reset Your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your Doorbell brand's firmware. If you Reset without changing it back you will be unable to continue the setup process when coming to scanning the OR Scan Code step. There is a fix if you missed this Warning: - rafale

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have not tried the app or pinging device. Just assumed no lights = dead/incommunicado.

How long should I leave it unplugged? It's been 3 hours already. I'm afraid to touch it and jinx it and then have to wait another 3+ hours.

I will try the reset in about 8hrs time.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have not tried the app or pinging device. Just assumed no lights = dead/incommunicado.

How long should I leave it unplugged? It's been 3 hours already. I'm afraid to touch it and jinx it and then have to wait another 3+ hours.

I will try the reset in about 8hrs time.
Most have reported about an hour should drain it's battery. But they had a solid light they watched disappear when battery drained. It's really your call, I am like you, I would wait longer.

For Reset, hold down for 5 seconds

We wish you luck...

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sigh Can't even buy another one on Amazon. Third party won't ship to Australia.
Is Nelly's the next best doorbell to buy that has all the features? onvif, etc?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sigh Can't even buy another one on Amazon. Third party won't ship to Australia.
Is Nelly's the next best doorbell to buy that has all the features? onvif, etc?
You have a year or possibly 2 year warranty with your EZVIZ.

1582033774640.png