New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you like the Ubiquiti?? I wasn't aware they had one.
Just came out last week in Early Access (beta). Love it. Integration is good. Wider field of view, LED light when people walk up to the door, screen for notes/text.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just came out last week in Early Access (beta). Love it. Integration is good. Wider field of view, LED light when people walk up to the door, screen for notes/text.
How do you like the Ubiquiti?? I wasn't aware they had one.
Just took off my RCA with updated RTSP firmware, if anyone is in the market for one. Went with the new Ubiquiti doorbell since it's all in one eco system.
Kewl, can you share the specs, all I found was talk of a POE Doorbell.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell
Early Access
SKU: UVC-G4-Doorbell-BETA

• UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell is a Wi-Fi video doorbell with a built-in display and real-time two-way audio communication. The camera features a high-quality 5MP sensor with enhanced night vision. Image streams can be viewed in up to 1600x1200 (2MP) HD at 30 FPS. UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell includes a PIR sensor for instant motion detection alerts. Integration with UniFi Protect provides an easy-to-use interface.
      Features:
      • 1600x1200 (2MP) HD stream with night vision
      • Integrated entrance lighting;
      • Real-time two-way audio with echo cancellation
      • Built-in display
      • Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
      • PIR motion detection sensor
      • Weather-resistant
      • UniFi Protect integration
$199 price tag, sold out of Early Access.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Kewl, can you share the specs, all I found was talk of a POE Doorbell.

Thanks

Early Access

• UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell is a Wi-Fi video doorbell with a built-in display and real-time two-way audio communication. The camera features a high-quality 5MP sensor with enhanced night vision. Image streams can be viewed in up to 1600x1200 (2MP) HD at 30 FPS. UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell includes a PIR sensor for instant motion detection alerts. Integration with UniFi Protect provides an easy-to-use interface.
      Features:
      • Built-in display
      • Weather-resistant
UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell (need to login with your UI account and toggle on Early Access)

It's sold out but here the image of the doorbell

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 1.30.10 PM.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Early Access

Features:
      • Built-in display
      • Weather-resistant
Thanks Bob, very nice. My big question is HTTP, I assume RTSP support correct.

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It took me 30 minutes to swap from the DB2 to the Unifi G4. I took a before and after picture of the viewing angle.

Left is G4, right is DB2

IMG_5932.jpeg

View from DB2 via Hik-vision app
RCA.jpeg

View from G4
UVC G4 Doorbell - 4-20-2020, 11.02.51am.jpg

DB2 had a 3-4 second delay before door chime would go off, with the G4 it's instant.
DB2 had a 4-6 second notification delay, G4 has a 2-3 second delay.
We have 14 Unifi cams at the house so it made sense to have the G4 doorbell as well.
G4 supports RTSP as well.

reallyphil

n3wb
Reaction score
Today i was checking the firewall log of my Pfsense and i noticed that every 10 minutes the Ezviz DB1 is trying to connect to the Tencent Cloud Computing: 49.51.168.224:6002 and sometimes on 49.51.160.53:6002.

This behaviour is the same for the Ezviz firmware as for the LaView Firmware. Is there a possibility to disable this? I have checked the ivms 4200 and batch conf tool find a setting related to the cloud but i can't find anything. The traffic is blocked in the firewall but it would be nice if i can turn it off somehow.
Did you have any luck finding info on this? I'm seeing the same in my firewall. I'm contemplating blocking that IP

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I hope I'm in the correct thread. I have my DB1 working great for 4 months. Since yesterday the device just went offline... I tried to reset it using the button but it's not responding. The ring stays solid blue and will not start flashing. It held the button for more than 20 seconds. I have no custom firmware what so ever, just the latest firmware that came through the EZVIZ app itself. Any suggestions or should I contact Ezviz? I alsof tried the take off the power but alsof no solution...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I hope I'm in the correct thread. I have my DB1 working great for 4 months. Since yesterday the device just went offline... I tried to reset it using the button but it's not responding. The ring stays solid blue and will not start flashing. It held the button for more than 20 seconds. I have no custom firmware what so ever, just the latest firmware that came through the EZVIZ app itself. Any suggestions or should I contact Ezviz? I alsof tried the take off the power but alsof no solution...
To do a full reset it is important to drain it's internal battery, some here has found removing power for at least one hour worked.
Screenshot_20200421-071045_Firefox%20Beta.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
To do a full reset it is important to drain it's internal battery, some here has found removing power for at least one hour worked.
View attachment 60008

Thanks

I tried that and the bell was working again. No need you reconfigure anything. The chime indoor worked again... But after 30 minutes again the same problem...

Device offline. Impossible tot reset. No chime when button is pushed...

The power is off again and i'll try to reconfigure it to the wifi netwerk next time. Hopefully the reset button works then. Is this a Common problem? Otherwise I will have to contact the seller for a repair.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks

I tried that and the bell was working again. No need you reconfigure anything. The chime indoor worked again... But after 30 minutes again the same problem...

Device offline. Impossible tot reset. No chime when button is pushed...

The power is off again and i'll try to reconfigure it to the wifi netwerk next time. Hopefully the reset button works then. Is this a Common problem? Otherwise I will have to contact the seller for a repair.
Mine never had this. But one of the main reasons for problems with the db1 has always been a transformer with a too low powerrating and/or voltage. What transformer do you use? Soft reset (power off and on) of your router might also do the trick.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

This is what I'm truely interested in, the UA-Pro has a cam and a NFC reader:

UniFi Access

UniFi Access
Early Access
SKU: UA-Kit-Complete-BETA

• UniFi® Access is a state-of-the-art access control system powered by native PoE technology. It supports conventional electric bolt/strike units, magnetic locks, and 12V access accessories. UniFi Access requires minimal installation effort and can be conveniently managed by the UniFi Access Controller, which also lets you easily manage users, device schedules, and policies.

UA-Pro