New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lately i've been getting a massive drop in packets? camera drops out with surveillance station a lot... like really a lot. wondering if my camera is about to fail on me.

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@David L is it not possible to move this page 101 post into a top sticky inside this thread?

HIKVISION DOORBELL101 on Page 101 FORUMS/HARDWARE/DOORBELLS Thread: New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If Mike is an admin, we could probably ask for it to be moved to post 1 ? (I don't see any option to contact admins, yet, so maybe you know them)

On another note, its irritating that I can't do a packet capture effectively. I run Google Mesh in my house and it seems like if my bell connects to a different mesh AP from my packet sniffer, packets may not be intercepted? When I press the bell, packets must flow from the LAN IP of the bell out to some server, but they are not intercepted by wireshark in promiscuous mode. I only see occasional broadcast SSDP messages...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lately i've been getting a massive drop in packets? camera drops out with surveillance station a lot... like really a lot. wondering if my camera is about to fail on me.
Some here have had to lower Resolution to help bandwidth issues. But if it was working fine a just recently started then you may have other issues. Added or changed anything lately? That is on your WiFi AP?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If Mike is an admin, we could probably ask for it to be moved to post 1 ? (I don't see any option to contact admins, yet, so maybe you know them)

On another note, its irritating that I can't do a packet capture effectively. I run Google Mesh in my house and it seems like if my bell connects to a different mesh AP from my packet sniffer, packets may not be intercepted? When I press the bell, packets must flow from the LAN IP of the bell out to some server, but they are not intercepted by wireshark in promiscuous mode. I only see occasional broadcast SSDP messages...
Your have to connect via a cable to your router to see them.

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some here have had to lower Resolution to help bandwidth issues. But if it was working fine a just recently started then you may have other issues. Added or changed anything lately? That is on your WiFi AP?

i recently upgraded my router from a linksys ea9500 AC5400 router to a Asus GT-AX11000, signal strength went up. bandwidth should have went up as well. but maybe i need to get that part figured out.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since I was away for a while or may have just missed when they allowed the option within notification to not push. Also, decided to upgrade to Hik-Connect app to v4.3 and I do like the more modern UI even though there's not much benefit for the doorbell compared to other cameras from Hikvision.
1587653207115.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah Mike is Da Man here, we talked about it but since I do not have access to message 1 I won't be able to update it, which I seem to do frequently. We talked about a new Thread or even adding it to the WiKi section just never went further with it, most do seem to find the 101 eventually.
Only reason I started the 101 was to help with installation and repetitive questions but it quickly grew to what it is today. It is a sizable collection of all the user inputs/experiences/expertise from this very oversized Thread :) I am far from a Technical writer but I have enjoyed keeping it up to date. I think what I enjoy the most is how nice and helpful everyone has been here.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i recently upgraded my router from a linksys ea9500 AC5400 router to a Asus GT-AX11000, signal strength went up. bandwidth should have went up as well. but maybe i need to get that part figured out.
I also experienced all of a sudden disconnects of the DB1. It had functioned perfect for weeks before. Unfortunately I changed several things in my network setup in that time, so identification of the source was difficult.
Eventually I ended up replacing my main router (Turris Omnia) for a Netgear R7800. As in your situation wifi improved, especially the link quality on 2.4 GHz went up (-45/-101 dB).
This setup functioned for about 2-3 weeks without any disconnects and i thought i had tackled it. But then it started again but now there were no alterations to the network setup.

I tried everything that the DB1 get a stable connection to my NAS/NVR (Asustor 6202T). Sometimes it held its connection for may hours up to a full day, other times it disconnected within the hour.
Eventually I changed the DB1 to the 5 GHz Wifi. This setup is now running a few days without disconnects, so I'm hopeful. Why it all of a sudden prefers the 5 GHz over the 2.4 GHz is not logic to me (2.4 indicates a much better connection). Maybe it's a latency thing which is dependable of other wifi users (we work from home since a few weeks; Corona effect), who knows.

In stark contrast; I've got another Hikvision camera (4K) which connects to another AP over a distance of several tens of meters and stores its data on the same NAS/NVR. This setup is running for several months without any hick up.

Last edited:

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also experienced all of a sudden disconnects of the DB1. It had functioned perfect for weeks before. Unfortunately I changed several things in my network setup in that time, so identification of the source was difficult.
Eventually I ended up replacing my main router (Turris Omnia) for a Netgear R7800. As in your situation wifi improved, especially the link quality on 2.4 GHz went up (-45/-101 dB).
This setup functioned for about 2-3 weeks without any disconnects and i thought i had tackled it. But then it started again but now there were no alterations to the network setup.

I tried everything that the DB1 get a stable connection to my NAS/NVR (Asustor 6202T). Sometimes it held its connection for may hours up to a full day, other times it disconnected within the hour.
Eventually I changed the DB1 to the 5 GHz Wifi. This setup is now running a few days without disconnects, so I'm hopeful. Why it all of a sudden prefers the 5 GHz over the 2.4 GHz is not logic to me (2.4 indicates a much better connection). Maybe it's a latency thing which is dependable of other wifi users (we work from home since a few weeks; Corona effect), who knows.

In stark contrast; I've got another Hikvision camera (4K) which connects to another AP over a distance of several tens of meters and stores its data on the same NAS/NVR. This setup is running for several months without any hick up.
when i first installed the camera. i had no lag, doorbell press sent the notification to my phone really quick
nowadays i get a good delay, and unstable image.
i ran max resolution and full frames, then dropped to a much lower resolution/bitrate/frame rate and i still get disconnection issues.
maybe its been in the weather too much and its acting up

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
when i first installed the camera. i had no lag, doorbell press sent the notification to my phone really quick
nowadays i get a good delay, and unstable image.
i ran max resolution and full frames, then dropped to a much lower resolution/bitrate/frame rate and i still get disconnection issues.
maybe its been in the weather too much and its acting up
Also consider new WiFi or other radio interference that might be around