New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also consider new WiFi or other radio interference that might be around
I check all my neighbors APs and make sure ours is on a different channel, this is the App I use, there are many out there:

Screenshot_20200423-124429_Wifi%20Analyser.jpgScreenshot_20200423-124527_Wifi%20Analyser.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when i first installed the camera. i had no lag, doorbell press sent the notification to my phone really quick
nowadays i get a good delay, and unstable image.
i ran max resolution and full frames, then dropped to a much lower resolution/bitrate/frame rate and i still get disconnection issues.
maybe its been in the weather too much and its acting up
Although i have connection problems with my NAS/NVR the Ezviz app always worked flawless (almost no delay and a high quality picture). Also looking for a long time at the rtsp stream via VLC show no interrupts (even when a disconnect takes place).

I have a suspicion that a client on my network is causing some load which interferes with the videostream to the NAS. The client in question is a mediabox (Arris) from our TV provider (Ziggo) and is used as a TV tuner and (cloud) recorder. It seems when this device is on/active (and both are on the 2.4 GHz) that the disconnects happen more frequent and almost certain before a specific time of day.

I'm currently running some statistics on my router to get some more information on this.

BTW I'm running the DB1 with the following settings:

Capture.PNG

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Although i have connection problems with my NAS/NVR the Ezviz app always worked flawless (almost no delay and a high quality picture). Also looking for a long time at the rtsp stream via VLC show no interrupts (even when a disconnect takes place).

I have a suspicion that a client on my network is causing some load which interferes with the videostream to the NAS. The client in question is a mediabox (Arris) from our TV provider (Ziggo) and is used as a TV tuner and (cloud) recorder. It seems when this device is on/active (and both are on the 2.4 GHz) that the disconnects happen more frequent and almost certain before a specific time of day.

I'm currently running some statistics on my router to get some more information on this.

BTW I'm running the DB1 with the following settings:

View attachment 60225
I know this does not help you but figured I would share. My old network was an Asus AC3200 (Main Router), AC1750 and AC1300 APs, our rooms had unmanaged switches/hubs, all Gigabit. I thought I had a fast network until I went with Smart Switches. I have noticed file transfers to my NAS to be at a steady transfer rate, before it was a lot slower, also noticed my remote connections to my other PCs, devices to be much faster too. Now as much as I attribute this speed increase to the Smart Switches I also acknowledge the replacement of the Asus router with the Qotom Mini i5 PC pfSense router has a lot to do with the increased speed, Internet speedtest are the same but have noticed websites to load faster too. Once I have all my VLAN/Subnets setup I will be doing some network testing.

Oh yeah, my new APs (EAP245 & EAP225) are also faster, though I don't have all of my devices moved to them yet, figured I would leave one of the Asus APs on the new network and move them one at a time.

So having smart switching definitively speeds a network up.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this does not help you but figured I would share. My old network was an Asus AC3200 (Main Router), AC1750 and AC1300 APs, our rooms had unmanaged switches/hubs, all Gigabit. I thought I had a fast network until I went with Smart Switches. I have noticed file transfers to my NAS to be at a steady transfer rate, before it was a lot slower, also noticed my remote connections to my other PCs, devices to be much faster too. Now as much as I attribute this speed increase to the Smart Switches I also acknowledge the replacement of the Asus router with the Qotom Mini i5 PC pfSense router has a lot to do with the increased speed, Internet speedtest are the same but have noticed websites to load faster too. Once I have all my VLAN/Subnets setup I will be doing some network testing.

Oh yeah, my new APs (EAP245 & EAP225) are also faster, though I don't have all of my devices moved to them yet, figured I would leave one of the Asus APs on the new network and move them one at a time.

So having smart switching definitively speeds a network up.

Hi David,

My network is less sophisticated. I'm currently using 2 Netgear R7800's, one as my main AP-router and the other as dumb AP. Both connected trough copper and serving a separate floor.

Although the "quality" of the network is an important factor i think there are issues with the DB1.
This morning I checked the connection status of the DB1 and it was offline. Apparently it disconnected around 05:00 this morning. But this was not a regular disconnect. It didn't respond to pings (which it normally does when disconnected), the Ezviz-app couldn't see it (which never happened before) and couldn't be approached through the batch configuration utillity. Pressing the doorbell activated the gong, so this piece of the hardware still worked.
The only way to make it operational again was via a hard reset (power on/off). After the reset it directly started recording again.
I never experienced this kind of extreme hang-up of the doorbell.

The doorbell itself didn't log anything of this event. Apparently it wasn't aware it couldn't send out any notifications.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi David,

My network is less sophisticated. I'm currently using 2 Netgear R7800's, one as my main AP-router and the other as dumb AP. Both connected trough copper and serving a separate floor.

Although the "quality" of the network is an important factor i think there are issues with the DB1.
This morning I checked the connection status of the DB1 and it was offline. Apparently it disconnected around 05:00 this morning. But this was not a regular disconnect. It didn't respond to pings (which it normally does when disconnected), the Ezviz-app couldn't see it (which never happened before) and couldn't be approached through the batch configuration utillity. Pressing the doorbell activated the gong, so this piece of the hardware still worked.
The only way to make it operational again was via a hard reset (power on/off). After the reset it directly started recording again.

The doorbell itself didn't log anything of this event. Apparently it wasn't aware it couldn't send out any notifications.
You know I have always wondered how long these DBs will last since they run so hot. I have had LaView since July so less than a year, so far she is still running but only time will tell, also no resets yet. I bought a DB1 when they were on sale, been wanting to switch out the LaView for the Google support on the DB1 but everytime I get time to do so, something always stop me. I don't want to leave my wife without a working DB.
I have been away from home almost 2 weeks now, helping my Dad, few months ago my Mom passed, still taking care of her affairs. In a way this Pandemic has allowed me more time to take care of family, strange how things work out. At least I got most of my new network up and running before I had to drive 6 hours down to stay with my Dad. Got a call from the police, he got lost driving, APS got involved, now we are looking to move him close to us, possibly Assisted Living facility will be his next home. APS stated no more driving and 24 hour care. He has early signs of Dementia. This is tuff since our Mom's last years were in a Memory Care with Alzheimer's. Now everytime I misplace something I get a chill, wondering if it is hereditary. Only reason I am up at this early hour is I found my Dad up trying to plug a wrong cord into an electric razer at 2am. Poor guy, he has been living here alone for 20 years and now his world has turned upside down. I better get some sleep, got a 6 hour drive tomorrow morning.

Sorry all for being so off topic.

Mushii

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here. I am in the UK by the way. I bought the DB1, reading these threads and was hoping to integrate it with my Honeywell wireless doorbell Wired and wireless doorbell with range extender, sleep mode and halo light – White using their wired to wireless converter Doorbell wired to wireless converter kit – White. I know it isn't on the recommended list, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I originally tried using a 12v 1amp bell transformer, it failed horribly as there wasn't enough power (the ir LEDs were flickering and I couldn't get it to even get a stable wifi connection to configure it). I temporarily wired it directly to the 1amp transformer with no bell and it worked fine.

I replaced the transformer with a German made EATON TR-G3/18 1.5a doorbell transformer and although it was all running with the Honeywell module the bell was not chiming. After an hour of messing around, I remembered that I had set the chime setting to NO CHIME. I deleted my DB1 from EzViz and re-installed it, changing the chime setting to Electronic Chime and voila - it all works fine.

I also have my DB1 recording directly into my Hikvision NVR (I record all my streams 24/7) and HikConnect shows me my DB1 camera, with all of my other cameras. i just need to integrate it into my Homeseer with a ZWave module and test it with Alexa now.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi David,

Anyone trying to connect the DB1 with a NVR for continuous streams who have more then 1 AP within reach of the DB1 and the AP's aren't sophisticated or meant for a mesh style network will make the device want to hop APs every once in a blue moon, hence disconnections from the NVR. I would try powering off 1 AP going to the door with your phone and seeing strength of your WiFi. Then reconnect power and disconnect power of other AP and check WiFi strength with phone at door. if both APs have about the same signal strength then the doorbell most likely is having a bad time trying to figure out which one to use. With not knowing the Wireless card that they chose to put in the DB1 it's hard to say rather the DB1 can actually handle this good. My suggestion is to try a mesh network or more sophisticated APs that can help with hand-off better.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive read nearly all of this great thread and wow has it been helpful. I especially want to figure out how to use onvif2mqtt in HA for doorbell motion as this is my goal but first I need to figure out if onvif is going to work.

I have a Ezviz DB1 and I wanted to get onvif support going on my camera so I went ahead and flashed it with laview firmware to see if I can unlock that feature using batch config. The step after flashing is not mentioned here because its assumed it just works after flashing i guess, is that true?
Anyway in batch config you can setup onvif under config network protocol but for me it says configuration failed not supported. I also flashed a second time going to hikvision firmware..

Whats strange is I can use the ipaddress/onvif/snapshot.jpg but thats it, when I scan for onvif devices or try to add the camera to my synology as on onvif device it wont allow it.

So what am i doing wrong here? Is the snapshot all you guys are getting? If that is the case is that enough to detach motion? If also true how do I add it to synology (yes I know I can add the rtsp stream but I want onvif)?

Thanks all.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive read nearly all of this great thread and wow has it been helpful. I especially want to figure out how to use onvif2mqtt in HA for doorbell motion as this is my goal but first I need to figure out if onvif is going to work.

I have a Ezviz DB1 and I wanted to get onvif support going on my camera so I went ahead and flashed it with laview firmware to see if I can unlock that feature using batch config. The step after flashing is not mentioned here because its assumed it just works after flashing i guess, is that true?
Anyway in batch config you can setup onvif under config network protocol but for me it says configuration failed not supported. I also flashed a second time going to hikvision firmware..

Whats strange is I can use the ipaddress/onvif/snapshot.jpg but thats it, when I scan for onvif devices or try to add the camera to my synology as on onvif device it wont allow it.

So what am i doing wrong here? Is the snapshot all you guys are getting? If that is the case is that enough to detach motion? If also true how do I add it to synology (yes I know I can add the rtsp stream but I want onvif)?

Thanks all.
It's my understanding LaView firmware will give you ONVIF support out of the gate. FYI, EZVIZ firmware does give you RTSP. For either option you will need to use admin as the user and the verification code as the password. sometimes it helps to turn off Image Encryption in the EZVIZ app or batch config. I have EZVIZ firmware on a EZVIZ-DB1 with RTSP working with encryption on.

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi David,

mine did the same thing last night. 0200 my time. doorbell stuck with the blinking red lights. think im going to install my laview one and uninstal my ezviz(flashed laview) and see if it makes a difference. Everything was great when brand new... but i swear the hardware is degrading super fast. I like hikvision and their cameras, i've had 2mp cameras installed from atleast 8+ years ago, going strong, but these doorbells are a disappointment.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's my understanding LaView firmware will give you ONVIF support out of the gate. FYI, EZVIZ firmware does give you RTSP. For either option you will need to use admin as the user and the verification code as the password. sometimes it helps to turn off Image Encryption in the EZVIZ app or batch config. I have EZVIZ firmware on a EZVIZ-DB1 with RTSP working with encryption on.
Yes I do not have encryption on and do have the admin and verification code and tried the login but it fails to add the camera to onvif option in synology and it wont add to tinycam pro either so something else is amiss here. I know there are 2 versions of the camera a ver 1 and ver 2. Is the firmware flash able to work on both versions?

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I do not have encryption on and do have the admin and verification code and tried the login but it fails to add the camera to onvif option in synology and it wont add to tinycam pro either so something else is amiss here. I know there are 2 versions of the camera a ver 1 and ver 2. Is the firmware flash able to work on both versions?
ALL brands of this camera is the EXACT same camera, there is NO 2 versions.

The EZVIZ Press Release for the release of this camera said 2 versions DB1 & DB2 with the DB2 having a battery so it works like a battery powered ring dorbell but they never released the DB2.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When ever I connect Network cameras I use iSpyConnect NVR which is free on my Laptop to test connectivity and in doing so they have a wizard to help connect to most cameras and once I get a stream working with iSpy I'll go back in and grab the link to put in my real NVR server.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When ever I connect Network cameras I use iSpyConnect NVR which is free on my Laptop to test connectivity and in doing so they have a wizard to help connect to most cameras and once I get a stream working with iSpy I'll go back in and grab the link to put in my real NVR server.
I usually figure it out with tinycam pro but I do know that the urls are the trick here. I'm going to play around with the links you gave there and see if i can figure it out. Synology asks for just the basic info and usually its pretty straight forward if it has onvif it works. So the camera does have a http link using admin and confirm code to see the stream right? Ive tried so many of these and that is why I assumed it was not working that and the batch config tool saying onvif is not supported.

Update: I tried the /videostream.asf and /videostream.asf?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]&resolution=64&rate=0 and still nothing. Tried the passowrd inside the [--] and with them gone and neither works.

Last edited:

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I usually figure it out with tinycam pro but I do know that the urls are the trick here. I'm going to play around with the links you gave there and see if i can figure it out. Synology asks for just the basic info and usually its pretty straight forward if it has onvif it works. So the camera does have a http link using admin and confirm code to see the stream right? Ive tried so many of these and that is why I assumed it was not working that and the batch config tool saying onvif is not supported.
The 101 on Page 101 had the info you need:

STREAMING VIDEO TIPS (Thanks - JSnP):

1576764779744.png

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.
(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

COPY/PASTE:
rxxp:/admin:<Enter password>@<Enter IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101
(Change rxxp to rtsp)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

It has been mentioned the Doorbell has a 3 Stream limit, 4 Streams is too much for it's processor - rafale

SNAP SHOTS: To Obtain a live JPG Snap Shot, enter this URL in your browser (you do not need to add :554 port number with your IP Address) - pete_c
http://<IP Address>/onvif/snapshot.jpg
ex.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 101 on Page 101 had the info you need:

STREAMING VIDEO TIPS (Thanks - JSnP):

1576764779744.png

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.
(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

COPY/PASTE:
rxxp:/admin:<Enter password>@<Enter IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101
(Change rxxp to rtsp)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

It has been mentioned the Doorbell has a 3 Stream limit, 4 Streams is too much for it's processor - rafale

SNAP SHOTS: To Obtain a live JPG Snap Shot, enter this URL in your browser (you do not need to add :554 port number with your IP Address) - pete_c
http://<IP Address>/onvif/snapshot.jpg
ex.
Yeah I am getting the snapshot and I can get the RTSP stream is that it?
Cuz that is not really onvif over http like
So I can not really add this camera to synology unless I add it as a RTSP stream (which I can do but dont want this) and the only onvif is really just the snapshot jpg and thats it.

UPDATE: I figured it out and this needs to be added to the info for getting onvif to work. At least in synology. I added the camera again under onvif gereric as before with the admin and conf code and this time I picked streaming and it works. It sees the camera are onvif type with almost all the same options available to onvif camera. Why tinycam cant do the same thing is beyond me. Anyway it needs to be setup as streaming onvif. This is different then setting it up as rtsp stream as KlaverBoer has explained, that gives you none of the onvif features.

Update 2: The only part I dont get is this, I guess this camera does not have a standard http page it provides like other onvif cameras do. The jpg snapshot page must load additional info to link the rtsp stream to create the rest of the onvif options, so kinda limited onvif by comparison. I cant get audio to work so I wonder about being able to use the speaker as a trigger in home assistant. Maybe
dfarkov or pete_c can answer that as the both have the onvif2mqtt node package in Home assistant setup correctly. I do not have it installed correctly because I am so new to both docker and HA.

Last edited:

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I am getting the snapshot and I can get the RTSP stream is that it?
Cuz that is not really onvif over http like
So I can not really add this camera to synology unless I add it as a RTSP stream (which I can do but dont want this) and the only onvif is really just the snapshot jpg and thats it.

UPDATE: I figured it out and this needs to be added to the info for getting onvif to work. At least in synology. I added the camera again under onvif gereric as before with the admin and conf code and this time I picked streaming and it works. It sees the camera are onvif type with almost all the same options available to onvif camera. Why tinycam cant do the same thing is beyond me. Anyway it needs to be setup as streaming onvif. This is different then setting it up as rtsp stream as KlaverBoer has explained, that gives you none of the onvif features.

Update 2: The only part I dont get is this, I guess this camera does not have a standard http page it provides like other onvif cameras do. The jpg snapshot page must load additional info to link the rtsp stream to create the rest of the onvif options, so kinda limited onvif by comparison. I cant get audio to work so I wonder about being able to use the speaker as a trigger in home assistant. Maybe
dfarkov or pete_c can answer that as the both have the onvif2mqtt node package in Home assistant setup correctly. I do not have it installed correctly because I am so new to both docker and HA.
When I setup RTSP on the EZVIZ firmware I get audio from the doorbell but not 2-way so I can't talk to them!

NO, there is no HTTP web GUI

Use the software in the 101 to configure the camera