New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No i dont see anything in the image section. Well i do not use the app, i only used it for the initial installation. But i can reinstall it on my phone and have a look.
Batch Config on the phone? I think we're talking about two different apps. I don't think there's Batch Config for mobile platforms. In any case, install it on the pc and try it there.

Did you factory reset after upgrade to hikvision firmware?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the FAQ wasnt lying about the unit running hot! You can feel it just touching the sides.

Anyone still here whos owned this since day 1 and their unit is still working fine to date? Which means going into nearly 2 years
I think the DB was released around the end of 2018, we have users here with a year, I have had mine since July 2019, no problems. Yeah it runs hot, I would make sure it is not directly in the sun, other than that time will tell for all of us.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  1. You mean you were able to set motion detection area in Batch Config? And in Surveillance Station client what do you see now in Event Detection?
  2. Live view doesn't work in any app? Not even in the mobile app (EZVIZ, Hikconnect, etc.)? What about Surveillance Station, does the live preview work there?
  3. How are you trying to view recordings? You have to be more specific otherwise I can't help you because when you say you can't view recordings, I don't know with what app/sw you're trying to view them.

You have very weird issues. Are you using a real nas or xpenology?
1. I can set motion deteching in batch config yes, i can set motion detection in the ezviz app and i can now set it with synology but only in the client app, no browsers allow me to see the image.
2. I can see live few in ezviz, VLC, and batch config. I can not see live view or recording in synology regardless of what i use even the client app.
3. I have not tried to download a recording from synology to see if it will allow me to see the recordings then. Ill try that next. Yes my system is xpenology but all my other cameras work except for this doorbell camera.

That is why I keep thinking its a setting on the db1 because batch config acts so weird with some of the settings like setting WDR for example I get a crash.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This happens when the configuration of the device comes from a different firmware. For example, when I installed hikvision fw on my ezviz fw, when I went into batch config, almost nothing worked and it crashed constantly when configuring things. That is because every firmware has a different underlying data structure (a database), so I highly recommend that you factory reset after upgrading to another vendor firmware.

I think your problems are related to this issue. Probably you think you reset it but something didn't work. Retry it and make sure the settings are all reset to default.

If the basic things like this don't work, I wouldn't spend time to configure advanced things like motion detection. Get the basics working first, then you fine tune.

That's just my personal approach to everything related to IT and tech in general. :)
THATS gotta be it.. prob related to all my problems. Ill reset back to default and set the camera up again. So is it best to do this from batch config or from the ezviz app? I have the hikvision firmware right now.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Batch Config on the phone? I think we're talking about two different apps. I don't think there's Batch Config for mobile platforms. In any case, install it on the pc and try it there.

Did you factory reset after upgrade to hikvision firmware?
Diabolic was talking about that it could be related to having encryption on in the Ezviz App. So thats the app i'm going to reinstall on my phone.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Diabolic was talking about that it could be related to having encryption on in the Ezviz App. So thats the app i'm going to reinstall on my phone.
Nope, he was referring, like I did in my previous post, to check if in IMAGE->IMAGE SETTINGS of the Batch Config you could see the live preview of the cam.

If you see preview on Surveillance Station then I don't think you have encryption on, but it's better to double-check also that setting.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
THATS gotta be it.. prob related to all my problems. Ill reset back to default and set the camera up again. So is it best to do this from batch config or from the ezviz app? I have the hikvision firmware right now.
Yes I think so too. Reset it, and let's make sure the basics work. One step at a time and we will nail all issues. If it works for me, it's got to work also for you. :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think we need an IRC channel to discuss guys. That's what we used in the old days when forums were not there. They still exist btw, and are widely used in many communities.

It would be cool. :)

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've installed the Ezviz app and tested with encrytion on and off. But i think the encryption is just for images/videos stored locally on the sd card/phone or cloud and not for the stream. Well resetting the doorbell could be an option but is to much of a hassle right now. Motion detection configured on the Synology works fine so for now i leave it like that. Anyway i will stick to the hikvision firmware.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dang it resetting it now I can see the network but can't connect.. Its what happened to you a while back. I have to get the hikvision android app i think...
Nope. It works also with EZVIZ app. The problem is that when you reset, the SSID of the AP on the camera becomes softap_XXXXXX. The trick is connecting to it with the PC, the password is softap_AUTHCODE, where the auth code is the 6 alphanumeric code you used to connect to it with batch config. Once Batch Config connects to the cam, you go into wireless settings, and change the SSID to EZVIZ_xxxx. Then you can configure it either with the ezviz mobile app or with Hikconnect-app.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've installed the Ezviz app and tested with encrytion on and off. But i think the encryption is just for images/videos stored locally on the sd card/phone or cloud and not for the stream. Well resetting the doorbell could be an option but is to much of a hassle right now. Motion detection configured on the Synology works fine so for now i leave it like that. Anyway i will stick to the hikvision firmware.
Can you try with Batch Config app, to see the live stream of the camera in the IMAGE-->IMAGE SETTINGS menu, where you configure the brightness, etc?

1588615650781.png

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope. It works also with EZVIZ app. The problem is that when you reset, the SSID of the AP on the camera becomes softap_XXXXXX. The trick is connecting to it with the PC, the password is softap_AUTHCODE, where the auth code is the 6 alphanumeric code you used to connect to it with batch config. Once Batch Config connects to the cam, you go into wireless settings, and change the SSID to EZVIZ_xxxx. Then you can configure it either with the ezviz mobile app or with Hikconnect-app.
It changes BOTH the SSID and the password, but what is the default for the password I tried ezviz_XXXXXX but it wont work. Its not just the confirm code either because thats not long enough. I tried upper case EZVIZ and the app does not like that. So anyway I cant set it back up in the app till I get this right.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It changes BOTH the SSID and the password, but what is the default for the password I tried ezviz_XXXXXX but it wont work. Its not just the confirm code either because thats not long enough. I tried upper case EZVIZ and the app does not like that. So anyway I cant set it back up in the app till I get this right.
HAHA it was uppercase EZVIZ... damn must have been a typo before.. THANKS ALEX...