New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried finding an answer via Search but couldn't find the solution, looking for help.

I have the EZVIZ DB1, and flashed it with LaView firmware a few months back, had it working without issue for a few months. A few weeks ago I noticed it was offline, and the ring was blinking blue. Been trying to get it to reconnect to wifi but unsuccessfully, so tried doing a reset by removing the front plate and pressing and holding the reset button. The issue is, when I try to reset via the EZVIZ iOS app, it eventually prompts me to join the device's wifi network "EZVIZ_D95207759" but since its on Laview firmware the network the device is pushing out is called "Laview_D95207759". I am able to manually join the Laview network via iOS Settings, but then get an error in the EZVIZ app since I'm not on the wifi network it's expecting. I tried downloading the Laview app and going through its Add Device procedure but it seems to be working a different way and isn't recognizing the QR code printed on my DB1.

Also tried cutting the power to device to reset it and hope it rejoin my home network, but just came back same flashing blue light.

Anyone have experience with solving this? Worried my device is totally bricked. Was hoping since I could connect to device wifi (Laview_D95207759) on my MacBook, I might be able to reflash with Batch Config, but doesn't seem to bring up the device. Also saw the HikVision tool to help recover it, but seems that's Windows only and I don't have access to a Windows machine. Thanks all!
Check my signature, last link, the upgrade procedure. You will see how to upgrade to a new firmware and changing the SSID in order for the EZVIZ app wizard to configure the DB1 like it was the first installation. You just need Batch Config and you need to be able to connect to the camera's AP.

Reaction score
I bought a Hikvision DS-HD1 and I'm liking the customization and RTSP much more than my Eufy 2K I had prior.
Anyways, I flashed the EZVIZ FW in attempt to get the option for "Outdoor Chime"in the EZVIZ app and it is not showing up.

I flashed the FW per instructions (Updated to latest Hikversion FW, then use use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 to upgrade to EZVIZ FW, reset with "Part Restoration," I wasn't able to find where to change the SSID, but I configured it as new right after. The EZVIZ app settings look similar to the Hikvision settings with no "Outdoor Chime" option under "Answer Doorbell Call." I've tried EZVIZ FW 200220 and 191211 with the same results.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought a Hikvision DS-HD1 and I'm liking the customization and RTSP much more than my Eufy 2K I had prior.
Anyways, I flashed the EZVIZ FW in attempt to get the option for "Outdoor Chime"in the EZVIZ app and it is not showing up.

I flashed the FW per instructions (Updated to latest Hikversion FW, then use use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 to upgrade to EZVIZ FW, reset with "Part Restoration," I wasn't able to find where to change the SSID, but I configured it as new right after. The EZVIZ app settings look similar to the Hikvision settings with no "Outdoor Chime" option under "Answer Doorbell Call." I've tried EZVIZ FW 200220 and 191211 with the same results.
You managed to configure it as new without changing SSID because the SSID was already the correct one for the EZVIZ app. You upgraded to EZVIZ fw and used EZVIZ mobile app. :)
You need to change the SSID when the fw you upgraded to is not EZVIZ's, so the SSID is not EZVIZ_xxxxxx. You can change the SSID under network section in Batch Config.

If the outdoor sound option is not available, and you are using ezviz fw and ezviz app, it means it's a hw customization made by ezviz on DB1 model that requires EZVIZ fw and app too.

Bulldog5

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone had issues with their microSD card going back to Not Initialized after a while? It was recording fine for a few months, then i noticed vidoes wouldn't play back in Guarding Vision. Last time this happened, i had to pull the sd card out of the doorbell, tried seating and then it would complete a full Initialization. Right now when i try to initialize, it just goes to 22% then skips to the end, but appears to have done nothing.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone had issues with their microSD card going back to Not Initialized after a while? It was recording fine for a few months, then i noticed vidoes wouldn't play back in Guarding Vision. Last time this happened, i had to pull the sd card out of the doorbell, tried seating and then it would complete a full Initialization. Right now when i try to initialize, it just goes to 22% then skips to the end, but appears to have done nothing.
I have had to reinitialize once after 6 months of use. Did the same as you, pulled the card, mine was full, reformatted on PC, then reinstalled, reinitialized and good for another 6 months. What I noticed is EZVIZ App only has Format option now. What I did recently is reformat through Batch Config. Tool. this time round, you might try that.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Inside mechanical chime just stopped working tonight. I installed the included power kit months ago and have never run into any issues. If the db is still completely functional is it possible the mechanical chime just died? Kind of puzzled

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Inside mechanical chime just stopped working tonight. I installed the included power kit months ago and have never run into any issues. If the db is still completely functional is it possible the mechanical chime just died? Kind of puzzled
What camera do you have? DId you upgrade the ezviz mobile app? Try using Guarding Vision to disabe and re-enable the chime. Did you check power supply?

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What camera do you have? DId you upgrade the ezviz mobile app? Try using Guarding Vision to disabe and re-enable the chime. Did you check power supply?
Nelly’s, have always used Guarding Vision app. This morning all is working. For a second I wondered if there was a setting that disabled the interior chime after a certain time in the evening. Not quite sure what is going on

Bulldog5

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had to reinitialize once after 6 months of use. Did the same as you, pulled the card, mine was full, reformatted on PC, then reinstalled, reinitialized and good for another 6 months. What I noticed is EZVIZ App only has Format option now. What I did recently is reformat through Batch Config. Tool. this time round, you might try that.
Odd, shouldn't the camera be cleaning up the SD card so its never "full". Really a pain to have to pull the SD card out, put in a PC and format etc. Wonder if its a known issue, we can't be the only 2 with the problem.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This happened to me... after 3 hrs of troubleshooting and resetting the doorbell it was the Transformer that needed to be replaced. It worked for 2+ years on that transformer and even the doorbell cam continuted to work... but the chime didnt. Get a 9V battery, test the chime... if it dings, replace your transformer. $13 on Amazon for 30va

Reaction score
hello can anyone help bought rca hsdb2a video doorbell, I have a 24v transformer and electronic chime ie different melodies, but I have red ring and won't reset i tried rewire still same

chewbucka

n3wb
Reaction score
  1. Use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 (not the latest one) to upgrade Firmware (SYSTEM->SYSTEM MAINTENANCE->Remote Upgrade)
  2. Use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 (from main screen) to Reset the config of the cam (check the following screenshot)
    View attachment 62050
  3. The camera should reboot automatically after this reset, if not, reboot it
I have an RCA HSDB2A from late 2018/early 2019 and I was trying to upgrade to the Hik FW. After doing the remote upgrade from BC, my doorbell rebooted. There was a pop-up that said to continue with the firmware upgrade or cancel. I did continue and it rebooted before I could reset the config according to the screenshot. It's no longer connecting to Wi-Fi and I don't see the default SSID being advertised. I tried power cycling it after about 30 minutes, but it's still not re-connecting to the Wi-Fi. It just has a solid red LED which indicates it's still powering on.

EDIT: I attempted to reset it by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, but it never does anything. Is there something special to get this reset? It seems like it's stuck trying to boot up.
EDIT 2: I'm removing power for an hour since the device has an internal battery backup and never actually rebooted. I'll report back what I find when the battery dies.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nelly’s, have always used Guarding Vision app. This morning all is working. For a second I wondered if there was a setting that disabled the interior chime after a certain time in the evening. Not quite sure what is going on
There's no setting like that. You can either disable the external chime or enable it. Glad it's fixed now. But if I was you, I'd check the voltage of the power supply while it's working and when in the future will not work again, and see if there's any difference.

you installed the power-kit, right?

chewbucka

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an RCA HSDB2A from late 2018/early 2019 and I was trying to upgrade to the Hik FW. After doing the remote upgrade from BC, my doorbell rebooted. There was a pop-up that said to continue with the firmware upgrade or cancel. I did continue and it rebooted before I could reset the config according to the screenshot. It's no longer connecting to Wi-Fi and I don't see the default SSID being advertised. I tried power cycling it after about 30 minutes, but it's still not re-connecting to the Wi-Fi. It just has a solid red LED which indicates it's still powering on.

EDIT: I attempted to reset it by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds, but it never does anything. Is there something special to get this reset? It seems like it's stuck trying to boot up.
EDIT 2: I'm removing power for an hour since the device has an internal battery backup and never actually rebooted. I'll report back what I find when the battery dies.
After removing power for an hour, I tried pressing the reset button while applying power and after a short time, it finally came up flashing blue. I reset to defaults and then went through the rest of the configuration like in the guide. The only issue I had was when trying to add the DB to the EZVIZ app. After scanning the QR code and trying to configure the device, the app tried to connect to the DB but couldn't. I could see that it was advertising the EZVIZ_serial# SSID and I could connect to it manually. When trying the manual option in the app, it gave me an error saying the SSID doesn't match HSDB2_serial# and wouldn't let me continue. I went back into the doorbell with the batch config and set the SSID to HSDB2_serial# and password to HSDB2_authcode and then when I went into the app, it was able to automatically connect and finish the onboarding.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After removing power for an hour, I hooked things back up and it finally came up flashing blue and acted normal. I reset to defaults and then went through the rest of the configuration like in the guide. The only issue I had was when trying to add the DB to the EZVIZ app. After scanning the QR code and trying to configure the device, the app tried to connect to the DB but couldn't. I could see that it was advertising the EZVIZ_serial# SSID and I could connect to it manually. When trying the manual option in the app, it gave me an error saying the SSID doesn't match HSDB2_serial# and wouldn't let me continue. I went back into the camera and set the SSID to HSDB2_serial# and password to HSDB2_authcode and then when I went into the app, it was able to automatically connect and finish the onboarding.
Glad you made it. In the 101 it is specified that in case you have the red ring, you should power off for at least 1 hour because of the internal battery.

This SSID thing is tricky, that's why I wrote a note at the end of the guide, I hope you read it:

NOTE: This is a general procedure for upgrade to another vendor's firmware, I don't know if Laview/Nelly's firmwares have differente AP names, you just need to adapt it to their specific differences but procedure is the same. If someone with Nelly/Laview firmware can tell me what AP they see after the upgrade, we can generalize the procedure.
Anyway, you managed to solve the issues, sorry if I haven't been of help this time.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hello can anyone help bought rca hsdb2a video doorbell, I have a 24v transformer and electronic chime ie different melodies, but I have red ring and won't reset i tried rewire still same
First time you powered it up you got the fixed red ring? Weird. You need to remove power to the camera for at least 1 hour, then retry, like this user did: New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

chewbucka

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad you made it. In the 101 it is specified that in case you have the red ring, you should power off for at least 1 hour because of the internal battery.

This SSID thing is tricky, that's why I wrote a note at the end of the guide, I hope you read it:

Anyway, you managed to solve the issues, sorry if I haven't been of help this time.
EDIT: I tried enabling ONVIF from the Batch Configuration tool, but it says configuration failed when I click on OK.

1597188599125.png

I'm up and running using the EZVIZ app at this time. The firmware shows to be the correct version for the Hikvision, but it doesn't look like BI can detect the ONVIF correctly. Here's what I get when discovering in BI. To be honest, the camera is acting just like it did before the firmware upgrade, so not sure what's going on. The version shows V5.2.4 build 200321 as seen in the attached image.

Opening cam02 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 404
Opening cam02 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

1597187959131.png

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
EDIT: I tried enabling ONVIF from the Batch Configuration tool, but it says configuration failed when I click on OK.

View attachment 68436

I'm up and running using the EZVIZ app at this time. The firmware shows to be the correct version for the Hikvision, but it doesn't look like BI can detect the ONVIF correctly. Here's what I get when discovering in BI. To be honest, the camera is acting just like it did before the firmware upgrade, so not sure what's going on. The version shows V5.2.4 build 200321 as seen in the attached image.

Opening cam02 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 404
Opening cam02 port 8999...
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done
The only benefit of Hikvision's fw over EZVIZ is ONVIF functionality. Otherwise I would've sticked with EZVIZ fw for my DB1. :)

Did you read this post by @David L ? New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

ONVIF Port is 80
RTSP Port is 554
URL is /Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1

The 404 error I see in that log leads me to think the problem is in the URL.

Configure the camera like David suggested:

1597189120937.png

chewbucka

n3wb
Reaction score
The only benefit of Hikvision's fw over EZVIZ is ONVIF functionality. Otherwise I would've sticked with EZVIZ fw for my DB1. :)

Did you read this post by @David L ? New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

ONVIF Port is 80
RTSP Port is 554
The only thing I changed was to set the ONVIF discovery to port 80. Now when I do a discovery in Blue Iris, I get the following and all is well

Thanks so much for the help with getting this going.

Opening cam02 port 554...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12152
Opening cam02 port 80...
2020-08-12T01:07:21.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: ONVIF
Model: HSDB2
FirmwareVersion: V5.2.4 build 200321
GetCapabilities...
Querying services