New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or Both even, Yes it is likely that you have just enough power to record a smooth stream but not to veiw it for a set period of time at the same time if your trans is a standard builders grade at 16V 10A then that is likely the problem So if that is your case I would start their look for a 16V 30A if planning to only run the one DB or if you plan to ad a second in the future go ahead and pick up a 24V 40A to be future proof
For sure it's builder's grade. I'm just wondering if this is the case, why live view in the browser worked great and totally smooth.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For sure it's builder's grade. I'm just wondering if this is the case, why live view in the browser worked great and totally smooth.
Good?
My guess is it is a difference in how the buffering is handled through the browser verses through BI are there individual buffer settings in BI for the live view stream I ask because although I plan to eventually use BI I have yet to
but it doesn't negate the need for a stronger trans especially if you want to be able to potentially view up to 3 streams at any one time in the future like on GGL or Alexa Smart displays

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good?
My guess is it is a difference in how the buffering is handled through the browser verses through BI are there individual buffer settings in BI for the live veiw stream I ask because although I plan to eventually use BI I have yet to
but it doesn't negate the need for a stronger trans especialy if you want to be able to potentialy veiw up to 3 streams at any one time in the future like on GGL or Alexa Smart displays
I'm actually using iVMS-4200 and a LaView NVR.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
or Both even, Yes it is likely that you have just enough power to record a smooth stream but not to veiw it for a set period of time at the same time.
If your trans is a standard builders grade at 16V 10A, then that is likely the problem. So if that is your case I would start their look for a 16V 30A if planning to only run the one DB or if you plan to ad a second in the future go ahead and pick up a 24V 40A to be future proof
Not to be picky. Just to be accurate. You are talking about 16v 10VA, 16V 30VA and 24V 40VA right?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So here is something to maybe check too. What version of iVMS-4200 are you using? If I read right you are on a MAC right? This I know on the Windows versions, there was talk of problems in different versions. Unfortunately I cannot tell you which versions had problems but seem to remember, I think last year, of a video issue with one version, thinking live view issue.

Different Hik software, but we definitely know of a problem in the newer version of Batch Config. Tools:

From our 101:
⦁ If you are having problems with Batch Config Tool version 3.0.3.8 crashing, download version 3.0.2.6 for fix - just2bad

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So is this VLC on a MAC? I even got VLC to work on my phone (Android) and got a live view. If you put in admin/PASSWORD do you get live view?

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a simple fix could be restarting the router/switch. My 2 cts
So here is something to maybe check too. What version of iVMS-4200 are you using? If I read right you are on a MAC right? This I know on the Windows versions, there was talk of problems in different versions. Unfortunately I cannot tell you which versions had problems but seem to remember, I think last year, of a video issue with one version, thinking live view issue.

Different Hik software, but we definitely know of a problem in the newer version of Batch Config. Tools:

From our 101:
⦁ If you are having problems with Batch Config Tool version 3.0.3.8 crashing, download version 3.0.2.6 for fix - just2bad
It's a pretty new one (in fact, the one that's posted on their official site has problems working with Catalina on the Mac. I'm not even sure where I found this, but it's more updated and worked.

I'm willing to go the transformer route, but I'm thinking this is software (maybe? maybe not?) The fact that I was able to view live in a browser prior without any issues until I had to go to iVMS-4200 might mean something. I'm all ears if anyone can get the live view to work on any browser that will work on Mac running Catalina.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 4.45.33 PM.png

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is this VLC on a MAC? I even got VLC to work on my phone (Android) and got a live view. If you put in admin/PASSWORD do you get live view?
No, it's not connecting. I'm sure it's user error :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So here is something to maybe check too. What version of iVMS-4200 are you using? If I read right you are on a MAC right? This I know on the Windows versions, there was talk of problems in different versions. Unfortunately I cannot tell you which versions had problems but seem to remember, I think last year, of a video issue with one version, thinking of course live view.

Different Hik software, but we definiterly know of a problem in the newer version of Batch Config. Tools.
It's a pretty new one (in fact, the one that's posted on their official site has problems working with Catalina on the Mac. I'm not even sure where I found this, but it's more updated and worked.

I'm willing to go the transformer route, but I'm thinking this is software (maybe? maybe not?) The fact that I was able to view live in a browser prior without any issues until I had to go to iVMS-4200 might mean something. I'm all ears if anyone can get the live view to work on any browser that will work on Mac running Catalina.

View attachment 68662
Try this:

Batch Configuration Tool for MAC

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So here is something to maybe check too. What version of iVMS-4200 are you using? If I read right you are on a MAC right? This I know on the Windows versions, there was talk of problems in different versions. Unfortunately I cannot tell you which versions had problems but seem to remember, I think last year, of a video issue with one version, thinking of course live view.

Different Hik software, but we definiterly know of a problem in the newer version of Batch Config. Tools.

Try this:

By the way, for some reason the doorbell is showing on port 8000, not 554. I tried both and still can't get in on VLC. I did get that login popup again, but I have no idea which login it wants....

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Try this:

What should I do with the tool? (Both the NVR and Doorbell Cam are on port 8000, at least that's what it shows).

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By the way, for some reason the doorbell is showing on port 8000, not 554. I tried both and still can't get in on VLC. I did get that login popup again, but I have no idea which login it wants....
So I took out my password and got this login screen in VLC:
1597451508570.pngll

So you must have something wrong in your RTSP Link. Post what you are entering, you can black out your password.

From 101:
⦁ For Streaming (RTSP) add a rule that allows traffic from your local_devices_ip TO all_internal_IP at port : 554 - cool77
⦁ For Remote Access using (iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool) allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 8000

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What should I do with the tool? (Both the NVR and Doorbell Cam are on port 8000, at least that's what it shows).
This is a more stable lighter version of iVMS-4200, most of us here use it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It wants your Doorbell Login:

admin for USERNAME
ABCDEF (Your code that was on the back of your Doorbell (Is your Password) It should be 6 capital letters.