New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My stupid LaView keeps needing to be reset. Like I have to unwire from the Transformer, let set for a few days, and wire back up. Then it's fine.

I think I'm just going to wire up a switch in line, so I don't have to keep messing with it.

It works well for the next 4 to 6 months, though.

George M

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the EZVIZ DB1. It has been connected for the last 18 months. When I first got it I installed either the Hikvision or Nellies firmware (I don't remember which- the Wi-Fi for the camera comes up as softap_xxx if that helps). About a week ago I noticed it was off line. I tried to reset it but am getting nowhere. I think it needs to be factory reset but since I cannot get to it over the network I don't know how to get that done. When I connect to it via its Wi-Fi I see that the address is 192.168.2.x where my network address is 192.168.1.xxx. So what I have it continually blinking blue lights and if there is anything in from of the camera I get a loud beep every 15 seconds or so.
How can I get connected so that I can use the batch configurator tools?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My stupid LaView keeps needing to be reset. Like I have to unwire from the Transformer, let set for a few days, and wire back up. Then it's fine.

I think I'm just going to wire up a switch in line, so I don't have to keep messing with it.

It works well for the next 4 to 6 months, though.
You might consider using a smart switch. Some were having similar issues and set a schedule on their smart switch to turn Off/On power to their transformer daily...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the EZVIZ DB1. It has been connected for the last 18 months. When I first got it I installed either the Hikvision or Nellies firmware (I don't remember which- the Wi-Fi for the camera comes up as softap_xxx if that helps). About a week ago I noticed it was off line. I tried to reset it but am getting nowhere. I think it needs to be factory reset but since I cannot get to it over the network I don't know how to get that done. When I connect to it via its Wi-Fi I see that the address is 192.168.2.x where my network address is 192.168.1.xxx. So what I have it continually blinking blue lights and if there is anything in from of the camera I get a loud beep every 15 seconds or so.
We have Reset instructions in our Doorbell 101

pbvdven

n3wb
Reaction score

i had exact the same issue last week with my Ezviz DB 1 with hik firmware after working fine 12 months or so. i did just rest the device with the button. but when it came back up it was back to softtap_ SSID and i cloud not connect to it with batchconf to change it to ezviz. so i clould not reconnect the device to the network/account using the ezviz app because it does not recognize Softap. the sollution for me was using the guarding vision app juist login with your ezviz credentials and then add the doorbell in the guarding vision app that app will connect to softap en everything works just fine again. you can now log back in to the ezviz app and the doorbell is back i use guarding vision app on my ipad because of the landscape view en ezviz app on my iphone at the same time works fine. it also has a nice option that will add the doorbell notification to the app but wont push it as a notification so in the app i get all the notifications but my phone only rings when some one presses the doorbell. my door is very close to the street so with only the ezviz app i had to disable security because of all the notifications i got. but then the doorbell does not safe the still image in the app the guarding app has a option that lets you store the still image en notification in de app but not as a noisy phone notification. sorry my english is not that good i hoop it helps you fix your problem.

Last edited:

JEA6101

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone ever have issues with "phantom" ringing? I recently installed a Hikvision DS-HD1 and will get random and persistent ringing on my chime. As in no one is pushing the button, it isn't stuck, and will chime 20x times out of the blue.
I have an electronic chime with the power kit installed per previous recommendations on this thread.
Thoughts?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone ever have issues with "phantom" ringing? I recently installed a Hikvision DS-HD1 and will get random and persistent ringing on my chime. As in no one is pushing the button, it isn't stuck, and will chime 20x times out of the blue.
I have an electronic chime with the power kit installed per previous recommendations on this thread.
Thoughts?
Transformer

Test_1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

only a short feedback :)

I bought a ezvis DB1 flashed with latest EU Firmware 5.2.4 Build 200220.

Installation with 8V AC chimne trafo was successfull and the System runs.

(For EU Citizen: Heidemann70012 Gong Heidemann 70012 Gong 230V (max) 82 dBA Weiß | eBay)

then I upgraded the configured cam with hikvision DS-HS1 Version 20321.

Now I have:

1. Working chimne inside on 230V
2. Working "Dong" Sound outside at the doorbell
3. Video Recording on my synology with onvif
4. Motion Detection ist cofigurable

5. Working EZVIZ app

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

only a short feedback :)

I bought a ezvis DB1 flashed with latest EU Firmware 5.2.4 Build 200220.

Installation with 8V AC chimne trafo was successfull and the System runs.

(For EU Citizen: Heidemann70012 Gong Heidemann 70012 Gong 230V (max) 82 dBA Weiß | eBay)

then I upgraded the configured cam with hikvision DS-HS1 Version 20321.

Now I have:

1. Working chimne inside on 230V
2. Working "Dong" Sound outside at the doorbell
3. Video Recording on my synology with onvif
4. Motion Detection ist cofigurable

5. Working EZVIZ app
Thanks for the post. Enjoy your DB. ;)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great news @Test_1234!!!

Relating to the hardware PIR with ONVIF output here noticed that I could never adjust it well enough to use. I went to using a small wireless PIR facing the doorbell from the top of the front door porch about 2.5 meters up which works a bit better than the hardware PIR.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Relating to the hardware PIR with ONVIF output here noticed that I could never adjust it well enough to use. I went to using a small wireless PIR facing the doorbell from the top of the front door porch about 2.5 meters up which works a bit better than the hardware PIR.
Ditto

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? (screenshot from Blue Iris)

Soon as I connect to the cam using the EZVIZ Android app, the view goes back to normal... but about 30 seconds after I close the app, it reverts to this 1/4 view.

This just started happening after a year of working perfectly on Laview v5.2.4 build 190716. I have not changed any settings. This used to happen on an old FW version (cant remember which, I tried several) but never did, until a few days ago, on this FW.

thx

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? (screenshot from Blue Iris)

Soon as I connect to the cam using the EZVIZ Android app, the view goes back to normal... but about 30 seconds after I close the app, it reverts to this 1/4 view.

This just started happening after a year of working perfectly on Laview v5.2.4 build 190716. I have not changed any settings. This used to happen on an old FW version (cant remember which, I tried several) but never did, until a few days ago, on this FW.

thx
I am running that FW version on my LaView DB and running the latest EZVIZ Android App too, I have not encountered that in my Blue Iris. What version of Blue Iris are you running? Have you done any recent BI updates?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here run BI on a Windows 2016 server and Zoneminder on an Ubuntu 20.04 server with both connecting to the DB. Have no issues with the configuration using Hikvision FW.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on Blue Iris version: 5.4.7.4 ... I have not paid for extended support since I have not yet seen anything that is 'new' since DeepStack integration happened (which my version has).

Its odd that this just started happening... I've been on 5.4.7.4 for a while now without issue. I'm thinking its an issue with the FW, not BI because when the EZVIZ app connects, the image recovers to be full ... then a few seconds after the app disconnects, bam, back to partial image.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on Blue Iris version: 5.4.7.4 ... I have not paid for extended support since I have not yet seen anything that is 'new' since DeepStack integration happened (which my version has).

Its odd that this just started happening... I've been on 5.4.7.4 for a while now without issue. I'm thinking its an issue with the FW, not BI because when the EZVIZ app connects, the image recovers to be full ... then a few seconds after the app disconnects, bam, back to partial image.
Could be but since FW is the same that I am running and has not changed maybe it is something to do with the App, just not sure how an App can effect BI...
I apologize for my memory but I am sure I read other messages awhile back about this same or similar issue, I just don't remember the solution or if it just cleared up by itself. Have you checked the BI log?

jeproks

n3wb
Reaction score
I got an alert from my Orbi mesh router that a Network Attack was Blocked. Netgear Armor has detected and blocked an exploit attack on DingDong (name of my EZVIZ DB1) from 103.207.42.124

Anyone know what exploit or how do I fix this issue? Currently running V5.2.4 build 200904.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I got an alert from my Orbi mesh router that a Network Attack was Blocked. Netgear Armor has detected and blocked an exploit attack on DingDong (name of my EZVIZ DB1) from 103.207.42.124

Anyone know what exploit or how do I fix this issue? Currently running V5.2.4 build 200904.
thats normal for most IOT devices.

just make sure u are not port forwarding