New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

century

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there another way to configure motion detection? This setting does not seem to do anything.

1669391986669.png

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Via the Android app. The old version of the Hikvision app only works with the base Hikvision old stuff and nothing related to the Android / IPhone (cell phone stuff).

You can look at the cell phone stuff (ONVIF - mycellphonemodule) with the ONVIF application that runs in Windows and see the lines of code but you cannot change it.

Ideally rooting the device and totally replacing the OS would be sufficient. Nowadays iOT base boot stuff is encrypted. There are ways...

Last edited:

HVHMCraig

n3wb
Reaction score
Just replaced a client’s Ring with InVid version NDB313 to add to Uniview NVR via onvif. Updated to newest hik firmware with batch configuration tool with no issues. Added to NVR with no issues, except picture only fills half of the screen no matter what I do. Only thing I noticed is feed is being seen as 1536*2048. Any way to stretch image or have it display differently? We have feed from NVR showing on TV and it looks ridiculous. Fine on app, iPad on full screen mode.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just replaced a client’s Ring with InVid version NDB313 to add to Uniview NVR via onvif. Updated to newest hik firmware with batch configuration tool with no issues. Added to NVR with no issues, except picture only fills half of the screen no matter what I do. Only thing I noticed is feed is being seen as 1536*2048. Any way to stretch image or have it display differently? We have feed from NVR showing on TV and it looks ridiculous. Fine on app, iPad on full screen mode.
I know someone here fixed a similar display issue on his Show by turning off video encryption in the App, I don't even know if that option still exist. You might try the Sub Stream to see if it displays different on your NVR.

1669854263775.png

Dasbooter

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anybody here every used a curl/put command to change the day night schedule or just toggle the day night vision?
I am trying similiar to Hikvision Separate Day/Night settings and Hikvision Separate Day/Night settings
Code:
curl --digest -X PUT -T /home/somebodieshome/ss.xml "http://admin:secretpassword@ipaddress:8000/ISAPI/Image/channels/1/ISPMode"
this is the contents of ss.xml I tried the xml from the other page too. I get an empty reply from the server

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ImageChannel version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema">
    <IrcutFilter version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema">
        <IrcutFilterType>night</IrcutFilterType>
    </IrcutFilter>
</ImageChannel>

Nsshield

n3wb
Reaction score
Question: I just got a new Wifi 6 Mesh system ( TP-Link Deco AX3000 (Deco X50)) and I've been trying to connect all my EZVIZ and Hikvision Wifi Cameras to it but they are not accepting the SSID (well the config app says its saved) but dosnt connect to new network. what is the text file to SDCARD way to config SSID and network Password again? ive searched and cant seem to find how to do it.

thanks in advance,

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question: I just got a new Wifi 6 Mesh system ( TP-Link Deco AX3000 (Deco X50)) and I've been trying to connect all my EZVIZ and Hikvision Wifi Cameras to it but they are not accepting the SSID (well the config app says its saved) but dosnt connect to new network. what is the text file to SDCARD way to config SSID and network Password again? ive searched and cant seem to find how to do it.

thanks in advance,
I know certain SSID names won't work, that is certain special characters, spaces, underscore, etc. Is your SSID simple?

Not sure which text file you are referring to but to change network settings on Hikvision/EZVIZ use Batch Config. Tool.

HTH

Nsshield

n3wb
Reaction score
I know certain SSID names won't work, that is certain special characters, spaces, underscore, etc. Is your SSID simple?

Not sure which text file you are referring to but to change network settings on Hikvision/EZVIZ use Batch Config. Tool.

HTH
the SSID names won't work, that is certain special characters, spaces, underscore, etc is kinda counterproductive if you ask me especially for so called "Security" products. yeah My SSID had basically all special characters.

there is a way to add to a text file your network SSID and Network password and place the text file in the camera and it will read from the text file your network and the camera will save it to the camera settings.

thats also the same way to never have to remember your cameras password have your camera read your camera password from the text file.

just cant remember how to do both.

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
What the correct BATCH CONFIG util to use with the HIKVISION V5.2.4 build 211101 firmware? I was running the older version mentioned here and it was working fine before I started changing firmwares and now I can't get a video image on the motion_event or the image settings sections.

running windows 10

Reaction score
Trying to get this doorbell more reliably connected. Too many wifi disconnects every day. Using the EzViz Studio app, it indicated WPA-PSK was in use, when I could have sworn it was WPA2-PSK since installation. Well, it's back online. Let's see what actually happens next. :wtf:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What the correct BATCH CONFIG util to use with the HIKVISION V5.2.4 build 211101 firmware? I was running the older version mentioned here and it was working fine before I started changing firmwares and now I can't get a video image on the motion_event or the image settings sections.

running windows 10
Nor do I but do get an image in the Image Settings...but I am also running an older firmware...

1672794318784.png

1672794167797.png
1672794395925.png

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried your exact combination and it didn't work for me, at some point in the past I had a version working where I can move the day/time stamp location on the screen and now I can't do it anymore.
Yep, has to be firmware version...if you need any older ones to go back to let me know. I have a small collection...

Reaction score
Wireless Routers and Access Points - All Brands - Airtime Fairness feature

Last week, I finally realized the likely solution to my frequent DB1C connectivity failures. There's a wifi config parameter called airtime fairness. Years ago, it caused problems with poorly-coded wifi firmware. Well, the "feature" is still there and it was enabled. Just disabled it again and rebooted the router mesh.

This appears to have resolved the issue. In the five hours since i turned off the airtime fairness feature, there has not been a single connection failure. Over twenty-four hours later, and there are only four connection failures. That is entirely acceptable.

FYI, I informed the EZViz customer service team, they should be aware of this wifi feature causing connectivity issues. Many newer routers default this feature to ENABLED.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wireless Routers and Access Points - All Brands - Airtime Fairness feature

Last week, I finally realized the likely solution to my frequent DB1C connectivity failures. There's a wifi config parameter called airtime fairness. Years ago, it caused problems with poorly-coded wifi firmware. Well, the "feature" is still there and it was enabled. Just disabled it again and rebooted the router mesh.

This appears to have resolved the issue. In the five hours since i turned off the airtime fairness feature, there has not been a single connection failure. Over twenty-four hours later, and there are only four connection failures. That is entirely acceptable.

FYI, I informed the EZViz customer service team, they should be aware of this wifi feature causing connectivity issues. Many newer routers default this feature to ENABLED.
This is a Huge discovery/Fix...Thank You...this should help many here...

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the EZVIZ DB1, flashed LaView for ONVIF+Alexa support, without restoring the config, the doorbell appears to still work and ONVIF is running.
Just need to figure out the password, is it written on the box or do I have to pull out the doorbell?

If I update the firmware from the EZVIZ app, will it go back to the EZVIZ firmware and I would lose ONVIF?
Does LaView have its own app and is there an newer firmware version than 190716 ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the EZVIZ DB1, flashed LaView for ONVIF+Alexa support, without restoring the config, the doorbell appears to still work and ONVIF is running.
Just need to figure out the password, is it written on the box or do I have to pull out the doorbell?

If I update the firmware from the EZVIZ app, will it go back to the EZVIZ firmware and I would lose ONVIF?
Does LaView have its own app and is there an newer firmware version than 190716 ?
Password is on the back of the Doorbell. It is 6 Characters Capitalized, ex. ABCDEF

Yes, if you update the firmware via the EZVIZ App it will overwrite the LaView firmware, not advised...

No, 190716 is the latest/last firmware for LaView.

Check out our Doorbell 101, it will help answer most questions...but feel free to continue to ask.

HTH

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I was about to take it off but I decided to check the box and it's printed on a sticker on top of the manual, I'm able to connect via ONVIF now without having to reset the settings

Testing out this beta SmartThings ONVIF Edge driver, trying to see if the motion alert can trigger my outdoor light

abrum

n3wb
Reaction score
Although the power input spec is 12-24VAC I'm reading that people have successfully used 12VDC. When using DC does the positive go to the top connector or the bottom? Thanks!