New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the black POE version which gives me the perfect wide POV. Does anyone know or have an idea of a wedge to lower the viewing angle? Maybe a tip or trick?

I don't want to go w/ the white version.

Thanks,
Michael

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Look at the total lack of disrespect these moderators have for paying customers on the OFFICIAL reolink subreddit. That is the problem I am having here. As a user I have a right to submit any kind of feedback I want, and they try to belittle my concerns and look for reasons to marginalize me. If ads aren't a big deal, then why is there such a huge demand for adblockers, email and call spam protection, and laws prohibiting unwanted solicitation in public? If you buy reolink products expect their software to be bloated with this kind of shit and expect no support. In one support case where I complained about my PTZ cameras losing focus on their own I was told to trim tree branches that were in the shot. Reolink support, whethers its from their official company or their shoddy reddit group, puts all of the blame on you for their mistakes. I already use Unify wireless and networking products, and they are top tier. Fuck Reolink.
First, glad you’re using unify stuff, it’s done me very well over the years both personally and at work. Second why on earth are you using anything from Reolink except a doorbell and on top of that why are you using their app? Quick search on here will show just how much love there is for that company for exactly the reasons you mentioned above. Do yourself a massive favour and even if you keep the cams ditch that stupid Reolink app for Blue Iris, you can thank us all later.

Last edited:

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the black POE version which gives me the perfect wide POV. Does anyone know or have an idea of a wedge to lower the viewing angle? Maybe a tip or trick?

I don't want to go w/ the white version.

Thanks,
Michael
It comes with a 15 degree wedge bracket, do you need more angle than that or do you mean you want to flush mount it?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It comes with a 15 degree wedge bracket, do you need more angle than that or do you mean you want to flush mount it?
I think he wants a vertical wedge, not a horizontal as furnished.

@mvoss , this thread you're on has many references to some that are 3D printed, such as below:

Vertical:

Horizontal:

Combination of vert and horiz:

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is kinda ironic, we all know how bad ReoLink Cams are yet we have a 70 page Forum Thread supporting their Doorbell Cam...lol They got one right... ;) Now if they would only go the next step and include WDR or BLC...

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think he wants a vertical wedge, not a horizontal as furnished.

@mvoss , this thread you're on has many references to some that are 3D printed, such as below:

Vertical:

Horizontal:

Combination of vert and horiz:
Thanks Tony, yep looking for vertical. I'll look at the links you sent, all the other ones I've seen just have the download files and I don't have a printer.

Thanks again,
Michael

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, yep looking for vertical. I'll look at the links you sent, all the other ones I've seen just have the download files and I don't have a printer.

Thanks again,
Michael
You're welcome.
FWIW, I'm in rural Alabama and I know of a couple of places within 50 miles from me that say they'll print items for a fee. :cool:
You can e-mail the file and get a quote back.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks again,
Michael
I bet if you looked locally you should be able to find a 3D printer company you can take the file to...if not, they are online too...

One example:

Kevman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I’d like to try this one since it seems lowest price point now, but wonder how can I confirm my existing door bell would produce enough power wifi version requires?

I may be able to use POE from the ipcam near the door but it seems WiFi one is same price now and has both wifi and Ethernet port, so may be a safe choice to keep longer with backup connection method..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
....... but wonder how can I confirm my existing door bell would produce enough power wifi version requires?
Find your existing doorbell transformer, it should show a secondary (output) voltage and current (VA) rating on a label somewhere.
I may be able to use POE from the ipcam near the door but it seems WiFi one is same price now and has both wifi and Ethernet port, so may be a safe choice to keep longer with backup connection method..
Just be advised that the Wi-Fi version cannot be powered via the Ethernet port. It can only be powered with the furnished 24VDC power adapter, or by the pre-existing doorbell wiring (12-24V AC; 24V DC). The Ethernet port on the back of the Wi-Fi version is for data only.

If you wanted to power it with a 48VDC POE or a (ideally 802.3af/at compliant) POE switch or POE injector on the CAT-5e/6 Ethernet cable you could use a 24VDC splitter at the doorbell, an added expense (up to $50) plus you may be hard pressed to find a place to put it.

Finally, you could use a cheap passive splitter at both ends of the existing wires to power the doorbell (not use your existing transformer) and put the 24VDC supply somewhere remotely, preferably in a place with a temperature range it can tolerate.

The POE version may be worth the additional expense and with fewer additional components needed if a POE connection is desired. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kevman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Find your existing doorbell transformer, it should show a secondary (output) voltage and current (VA) rating on a label somewhere.

Just be advised that the Wi-Fi version cannot be powered via the Ethernet port. It can only be powered with the furnished 24VDC power adapter, or by the pre-existing doorbell wiring (12-24V AC; 24V DC). The Ethernet port on the back of the Wi-Fi version is for data only.

If you wanted to power it with a 48VDC POE or a (ideally 802.3af/at compliant) POE switch or POE injector on the CAT-5e/6 Ethernet cable you could use a 24VDC splitter at the doorbell, an added expense (up to $50) plus you may be hard pressed to find a place to put it.

Finally, you could use a cheap passive splitter at both ends of the existing wires to power the doorbell (not use your existing transformer) and put the 24VDC supply somewhere remotely, preferably in a place with a temperature range it can tolerate.

The POE version may be worth the additional expense and with fewer additional components needed if a POE connection is desired. :cool:
Thanks for detail.
I’d like to reuse the existing hole to replace current door bell otherwise people would push one of them randomly and make a hole for Ethernet later if it needs more stable network connection.
But POE may be simpler if I can make a hole first. :)

Also now WiFi is a couple of more dollar expensive by coupon. Price in Prime day is a bit fluctuating..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for detail.
I’d like to reuse the existing hole to replace current door bell otherwise people would push one of them randomly and make a hole for Ethernet later if it needs more stable network connection.
But POE may be simpler if I can make a hole first. :)

Also now WiFi is a couple of more dollar expensive by coupon. Price in Prime day is a bit fluctuating..
If you have the ability to run the wire and have a way to power it (ie POE switch, injector, etc), I’d definitely go with the POE over the wifi version any day.