Next Gen Mini PTZ is almost here! 30x optical zoom, auto tracking!

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We're all jumping to conclusions, no matter which side of the debate we're on...

What we do know:
-The picture quality is excellent and the features are far beyond anything else near this price range
-At least a few of these have failed obviously due to heat.
-New designs include an external POE giving the suggestion that this may be where the overheating is occurring
-A Chinese seller is willing to fix them under warranty if you pay to ship back

What we do not know:
-What actual percentage of these have failed
-Are the failures related to a specific batch or is it valid to all batches (remember, most here purchased around the same time meaning many probably received goods from the same production batch)
-Will the new external POE design take care of the problem or will we still see failures
-How long will other parts of the cam last if the only problem thus far actually is related to POE.

While there are too many unknowns of the failure ratings to suggest that these are "great cameras" or "the future of ip cams", there's also too many unknowns to suggest that the Huisun/Imporx brand (or the current/future production of these specific mini-ptz's themselves) is completely junk.

Even the most respected brands in any technology industry have had bad production batches (we hear recalls all the time from respectable companies) so it's not practical to write off this brand because of one bad part (that may now be fixed). Granted, I would not suggest someone buy 100 of these mini-ptz's to install in warehouses across the nation until we get a better idea of their long range reliability. By the same token, I wouldn't discourage someone for buying one to test at their home providing they know the risks. We don't have to fight over recommending or not recommending the brand. We can just stick to the facts of what we do and do not know, state the risks involved when experimenting with a new brand, and let the end user decide for themselves if they are willing to take those risks.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Exactly my point... let'em suffer the consequences.:highly_amused: With Huisun/Longse cams I have I did not need to add any extra light. On top of it all new Hikvision 5MP are even worse.
YES..hikvision 5mp is suck....I bought 2 of them. no more.POS

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh man....those wacky Chinese. They never check grammar or spellcheck. Just a constant source of amusement.

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like the 30x is available on Alibaba now. Just search... Huisun 30x ptz 2016 ... I didn't get a quote but it does look like $300 based on the price range given.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is a sweep going to help? Its pointless. You either need to cover an area or not. Coverage with large gaps is practically useless.
x2, plus any PTZ mechanical device left in continuous motion is doomed to an early demise... its inadvisable to use tours/panning for numerous reasons.. and probably another good reason to avoid auto-tracking with as spastic as they perform, the right environmental conditions could put it into a destructive mode where it watches trees sway back and forth at a high frequency.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch @ prices. Thanks for the links though.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way @klasipca you copied the links wrong into the OP and they are broken there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, these are out of my price range. I would probably try the 960P 20X if it was $200. Maybe the prices will go down.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While I enjoy my v1-v2 10x cameras, there is no way I'd spend this much on a new model. At these prices I'd want better support and smarter motion detection.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am curious how is auto tracking feature working on these cams

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Even the price of the 20X model seems high to me. I take it that these do not pan as fast as the speed domes that have 20X zoom. I guess I'll pass on these for now at the current prices. I also like the new mounting options that you can choose from.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on the spec sheets they can pan 60 degrees per second. A lot faster than their V1 but still many times slower than a modern speed dome.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Jack needs to upload videos.like I once told sunba a while ago.video sells :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Jack needs to upload videos.like I once told sunba a while ago.video sells :)

He cant, he's still high from all that pot...thats the only way to explain those prices...

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not sure if these cameras have auto tracking, these look like a heavy duty V2 of the Mini PTZ except that is 20x or 30X, the prices are out of this world I can buy almost three of the V2's with the cost of one of these cameras.
NO Auto Tracking anywhere that I read on the specs. Did I missed something?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Id give him a month before he stArts slashing prices.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What makes you think they have auto tracking?
The fact that he told me when I received my mini PTZ with auto tracking enabled in the UI. See first post. I sent him email to clarify if it's the case as well as the feedback about the prices.