No motion detection recorded only 24/7

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
couldn't be done without you! worth playing with the 'picture' settings next?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Go back one and read the rest of my last post, we were posting at same time

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Progress!

But I thnk IR is off completely and you're just picking up ambient light from the street.

Lets see what choices you have under Illuminator/IR "Mode"? is their an "Auto"there?

We want IR but we want it to be in auto mode. So the camera decides how much IR
so these are the options I have. I had it on auto then turned it off.
illuminatin.jpg

If I turn on auto then the colour comes back?
Screenshot_20240225_001246.jpg
Compared to turned off (same as the previous image)
Screenshot_20240224_235751.jpg

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the other options in 'Mode' are Manual, Auto or Off. looked better in Off lol

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Beginning to wonder if that camera has onboard IR lights. Wish we knew the model #

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ahh sorry! so the one below 'Mode' is called Illumination Overexposure Remover the drop own on it is only 'Off' or 'Face Priority'

Screenshot 2024-02-25 072256.jpg

Also I think I found the device type under Device information: DH-IPC-HDW2849TM-S-IL it's 8mp. Which I believe are these?

Would that be useful?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Good morning. Yes that helps and helps explain some things.
So those are a budget model with a very weak sensor for a 8MP camera. Which means they aren’t great for nighttime. It’s possible the single IR light is indeed on but due to the poor match of sensor to MP and with inherent weak IR, that’s the best we are going to see without adding some external IR.
As we’ve seen, it’s not capable of running color at night again without some help from external white light.

Try Manual on that setting and push it to max brightness 100 or whatever the control allows.

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good morning. Yes that helps and helps explain some things.
So those are a budget model with a very weak sensor for a 8MP camera. Which means they aren’t great for nighttime. It’s possible the single IR light is indeed on but due to the poor match of sensor to MP and with inherent weak IR, that’s the best we are going to see without adding some external IR.
As we’ve seen, it’s not capable of running color at night again without some help from external white light.

Try Manual on that setting and push it to max brightness 100 or whatever the control allows.
Good morning kind sir! Glad that helps! I do have an external flood light above the camera so that does gi e it some light. The camera does have a small white light on there too. I doubt itll do much in that darkness though! I'll try putting it on manual, up the brightness to 100 and shall keep you posted.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Because the IR is finally on but pointing at the wall...can you aim it towards the area needed?

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've played around with the picture settings on the camera. This I'd what I've ended up with. May need some tweaking.

I'll have to get up on a ladder to move it. A job for a weekend I reckon. Always raining and cold here!

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Better, the less wall you can have in the frame the better. Your IR will work better and not be absorbed by the wall.

Then play with Gain increasing until you get too much noise

jayv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having trouble using playback function on the app. I can see it records motion and it notifies me. But when I come to replay the motion or go into playback. I get a connection error and nothing shows?! And can't scroll through the timeline. I've cleared cache and data still nothing! Help would be appreciated it of anyones had similar issue? It works fine o the nvr when I login to it just not on the stupid crap app!