No signal Error 8000274c

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you're using DHCP your IP addresses could have changed.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you post screenshot of ipconfig from your Blue Iris server as well?
Thanks again Terk, I looked through BI and unable to find "ipconfig from your Blue Iris server". How do I find this?

Did find a setting I didn't know was there saying "Repair Database" do you think this may help?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did find a setting I didn't know was there saying "Repair Database" do you think this may help?
No, that's not going to help. Like Fendermen mentioned you need to post your video configuration settings.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the BI server open a command prompt then type ipconfig /all and post a screenshot of the results it should list the BI servers IP address Subnet Mask and Default Gateway amoung other things

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The router shouldn't be between the NVR and BI server, just acting as a switch if configured normally
Thanks, the setup is Internet cable comes into Modem then to Router then to NVR (the desktop that BlueIris is on is also plugged into router. * I do have a switch that's mentioned above but nothing is currently plugged into it

If you're using DHCP your IP addresses could have changed.
Thanks again, Looked in BlueIris and it doesn't appear to be set to DHCP and posted pic that is not blacked out above.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The DHCP configuration is in your router not BI. Your cameras should all have a static IP address. If you're not going to post your camera's video configuration there's not much we can help you with.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The DHCP configuration is in your router not BI. Your cameras should all have a static IP address. If you're not going to post your camera's video configuration there's not much we can help you with.
Thanks much Vet, I was unaware of where it was and just accessed it.

What part of the router info would you like me to post?

Thanks again for everyone's help and patience.

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok so your BI server is on the 192.168.1 subnet and your cameras are on the 192.168.254 subnet which means they cannot talk directly so I'm guessing your NVR is 192.168.1.101 and they were pulling the cameras through that address so something on the NVR must have changed to cause this issue not the cameras or BI server.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unfortunately moving the cameras to another PoE switch would be a large undertaking as you would need to access each camera and change the IP address of each an address in the 192.168.1 subnet, although it would simplify things once you got that done as it doesn't sound like you are really using the NVR for much at this point.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so your BI server is on the 192.168.1 subnet and your cameras are on the 192.168.254 subnet which means they cannot talk directly so I'm guessing your NVR is 192.168.1.101 and they were pulling the cameras through that address so something on the NVR must have changed to cause this issue not the cameras or BI server.
Thanks very much Terk,

and also on NVR a box is checked saying "Enable DHCP"

What do I need to change to get this beast view able again?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What IP is the NVR currently using? If it is set to use DHCP for the NVRs IP then it likely switched from 101 to something else and according to your screenshot from your BI server it looks like it was setup on that side for 192.168.1.101 originally so if the NVR IP did change you would want to modify your routers DHCP settings to either reserve 192.168.1.101 for the NVR or change the DHCP scope to assign addresses from 109-254 only so that you can then change the NVR not to use DHCP but statically assign it 192.168.1.101 again.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Assuming your router will let you change its subnet you could log into your router from your BI server and change it to use the 192.168.254 subnet. If you have a static IP on your BI server this will have to be changed as well.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What IP is the NVR currently using? If it is set to use DHCP for the NVRs IP then it likely switched from 101 to something else and according to your screenshot from your BI server it looks like it was setup on that side for 192.168.1.101 originally so if the NVR IP did change you would want to modify your routers DHCP settings to either reserve 192.168.1.101 for the NVR or change the DHCP scope to assign addresses from 109-254 only so that you can then change the NVR not to use DHCP but statically assign it 192.168.1.101 again.
Thanks much! Feels like were getting it figured out!!!

NVR address and other info attached below:

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Assuming your router will let you change its subnet you could log into your router from your BI server and change it to use the 192.168.254 subnet. If you have a static IP on your BI server this will have to be changed as well.
Thanks again Vettester, in router it says Subnet Mask 255____ and has an arrow down to choose from about 5 other numbers.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like your router is using 192.168.1.1 and the internal NIC on your NVR is using 192.168.254.1. Change the IP address on your router to 192.168.254.2. Keep in mind that doing this will disconnect all your network devices from the internet.

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would suggest writing down that MAC address for your NVR then go into your routers DHCP settings to see if you can set a DHCP reservation for 192.168.1.101 with that MAC address. Then you may need to reboot the NVR to get it to switch back to 101 or it may do it on its own at that point. Either that or disable DHCP in the NVR and assign it a static IP of 192.168.1.101 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and DNS server of 192.168.1.1 as well if needed.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe the NVR is creating a non routable private VLAN for the cameras so the NVR has a client facing IP which used to be 101 but changed via DHCP to 102 and broke the BI integration. The NVR also has a camera facing IP which is the 192.168.254..1 address which should be fine since it shouldn't be accessible via the PC network (router network) 192.168.1.yyy

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think changing the router IP would help since the NVR appears to be setting up an internal network and likely isn't routing traffic between the client IP and the internal IP.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you show the video settings for one of the BI cameras that you haven't changed since this issue started?

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you show the video settings for one of the BI cameras that you haven't changed since this issue started?
Thanks, glad I caught this before changing and then possibly makeing it another challenge to be able to get online even!

Here are a few pics of BI cam video settings (anything I tested and changed I wrote down 1st and then returned it to original since that was working for over a year) *Edit images deleted

Last edited: