No signal Error 8000274c

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack but I've been having the same exact trouble with one of my POE cameras except in my setup, BI records right to my hard drives and not a NVR. The other day, the one Amcrest camera went offline in BI and I could not log in via the web browser either. Went outside and none of the IR lights were on. I ran a new cat6 cable and it came back to life. I figured the lightning storm that night fried the cable somehow.

Ever since then, that one camera keeps going offline with the same 8000274c error. I tried different ports in my new 8-port POE switch and even put it back on the injector it was normally attached to. The only thing that seems to fix it for a while is cycling the power on the injector. The light is always green on it so even if the camera is offline, the injector light is always still green. I have 4 cameras (3 POE / 1 wi-fi)) and all are unique static IPs.
your problem is not the same or related to the op in any way but for the same error which simple means its not getting a feed.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Terk, I really appreciate your help. I'll no longer hookup direct to modem and will label everything and send you a picture. Busy day and dog also got injured. :/
What is your PayPal address? PM is fine, i'd like to send you some appreciation tokens. Thanks again.
No need for that, just trying to help. Sorry we haven't been able to get it working yet and hope your dog is ok.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks much Terk, too much on plate and needed to step away from cams today however did find likely cause to internet lag was an outside cable connector moisture took toll on fitting. Dog is doing better and navigating amazing on only 3 legs. Tomorrow's a new day and hope to get back on it it and perhaps solve the puzzle. Thanks again.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you take a picture of you modem/router/switch setup and label the wires so we can see how you have everything hooked up currently? You should have your modem going to the WAN port on the router then a wire going from one of the routers LAN ports to your switch then from the switch to the NVRs LAN port and PCs. The router houses the LAN VLAN configuration (this may need to be changed to mach your current VLAN if you bought a new router) it also houses the DHCP configuration that the PCs use although you really should have a static IP on both the NVR and BI server these should not be using DHCP since the IPs will eventually change causing issues in the future if left on DHCP.
Much thanks once again Terk

This is how I have it wired: Modem goes to Internet port of router then router goes to Desktop 1, Desktop 2 (exclusive for BI), Ooma, and NVR. *Router has 4 ports so I am not currently using the 8 port switch mentioned earlier right now.

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That all looks fine, sorry if I missed it but I just went through to see if you ever mentioned the router model number. There are some settings I'd like to look at but need to know the model so I can lookup the manual to be able to help find where to find the settings. Mostly I'm interested in the DHCP configuration screens and current settings so we can identify IP addresses outside of the DHCP scope so we can give the BI server and NVR static IPs.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is the DHCP scope settings on my router (ASUS RT-AC66U), as you can see I have my DHCP scope start at 110 giving me a lot of room for static IPs for my cameras, BI server, printer, and a few other things. Also at the bottom of the screenshot is the DHCP reservation section in case you need to make an IP inside the DHCP scope which is what we would likely do with you NVR depending on your current DHCP settings. Let me know your router make and model and we'll go from there or if you can find the DHCP settings on your router a screenshot of that would also really help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That all looks fine, sorry if I missed it but I just went through to see if you ever mentioned the router model number. There are some settings I'd like to look at but need to know the model so I can lookup the manual to be able to help find where to find the settings. Mostly I'm interested in the DHCP configuration screens and current settings so we can identify IP addresses outside of the DHCP scope so we can give the BI server and NVR static IPs.
Thanks Terk, here is the PDF manual for my router: http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/BEFSR41_V43_UG_A-WEB.pdf

and also pictures of router DHCP settings. *Edit images deleted

Can still see cam images through the laview nvr interface though there is some lag.

Thanks again and seeing how few of views pictures have seen, i'd be lost without your assistance. Much thanks as I'm new to this yet yearning to learn! *Though I'm also finding I hit a max saturation point and have to take break then try to start fresh.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You would be better off just getting a new router instead of wasting time trying to troubleshoot something that is 17 years old.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First on your NVR find the screen where DHCP was enabled and it had the 192.168.1.102 address and disable DHCP there and set the static ip to 192.168.1.101, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and DNS server of 192.168.1.1 and save that setting. You will now need to use 192.168.1.101 to access the NVR. Then on the third router screen pictured above change the Start IP Address to 109 then save that setting on the router. This will keep the NVR IP from changing again and put it back to what it originally was as well as keep any other devices from getting assigned that IP from your router. At that point make sure the NVR is accessible at the new IP and check BI to see if there is any difference.

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, this is due for replacement although that would make more setting changes needed on the new one to match the current network settings to keep from complicating things more. My last router was this model and I ended up replacing it with the current router (years ago) because i couldn't download apps or updates from the Android app store through it anymore. I also had to reboot that router way more frequently than I've had to with the ASUS.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not to mention that your limiting your throughput to 100Mbps.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I changed the routers Start IP address in post #73 to 109 because any new cameras you get, if they are hooked to that network rather than the NVR they will have a default IP of 192.168.1.108 so this way nothing will conflict with that default either so you can get to them to reconfigure them.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes as Vettester points out the router switch ports are limited to 100mbs so it would be a good idea to unplug the devices from ports 1-4 and plug them into one of your Trendnet switches and plug port 8 of the switch to port 1 on the router. That way you'll have gigabit speeds between your NVR, BI server, and PC.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I commend @Terk & @Vettester for working to help you, @Zion but riddle me this:

You began this thread on Friday, a week tomorrow.
A forum member offered on Sunday to remote in via Teamviewer and set it up for you.
I understand wanting to learn but I don't think you have achieved any of that. I don't mean to offend but I feel this has overwhelmed you, not to mention having no cams for almost a week.
I think you would achieve your goal easier and quicker by allowing that offer of remote assistance so you can get your system 'up' and by observing it while that is being done, you may learn some basic networking skills.
I am a big fan of hands-on and not spending all day in the book or the classroom but when it's clearly not productive, it may be time to sit back and observe.
Please consider this option.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You would be better off just getting a new router instead of wasting time trying to troubleshoot something that is 17 years old.
Thanks Vettester for suggestion. This router as mentioned earlier is new and it replaced the same model which lasted 15 plus years issue free and lag was not the routers fault as I thought, but the moisture damaged cable connector outside. Very thankful since fixing cable there has been no lag since. I also choose this router as it still seems to be the best you can buy for a wired setup (please correct me if I'm wrong, TIA). Not looking for sympathy for what I've manifested. I'm a disabled senior that's a bit old school and live extremely simple. By choice, have no WiFi, a landline phone and cell phones are not left on inside while occupied. Tiny home 40 plus years with a swamp cooler and fan in humid 115F plus temps makes you stronger and much better than nothing like some sadly are experiencing.

Not to mention that your limiting your throughput to 100Mbps.
Thanks much, will move the cables to TrendNet switch as Terk suggested. I appreciate your time and suggestion.

I commend @Terk & @Vettester for working to help you, @Zion but riddle me this:

You began this thread on Friday, a week tomorrow.
A forum member offered on Sunday to remote in via Teamviewer and set it up for you.
I understand wanting to learn but I don't think you have achieved any of that. I don't mean to offend but I feel this has overwhelmed you, not to mention having no cams for almost a week.
I think you would achieve your goal easier and quicker by allowing that offer of remote assistance so you can get your system 'up' and by observing it while that is being done, you may learn some basic networking skills.
I am a big fan of hands-on and not spending all day in the book or the classroom but when it's clearly not productive, it may be time to sit back and observe.
Please consider this option.
Hello Tony, sorry you feel this way. FWIW I have learned lots from this experience and spent a lot of time doing so and thankfully when I've left for short times and all was well on the home front when returned ( however, I don't think i'll be able to eat pasta again for a loooong time!) . I also am more of a visual learner and have watched many videos on Blue Iris (huge shout out of thanks to those posting videos!) but after awhile it all gets overwhelming when you keep trying different things and they still don't work. I won't give up however but will walk away and come back at it fresh when possible and am EXTREMELY thankful Terk and others are generous enough to assist! =)
As mentioned prior I did thank Fenderman for his generous and helpful offer but never heard anything after? I am also still open to this if after trying Terk's suggestions don't pan out.

First on your NVR find the screen where DHCP was enabled and it had the 192.168.1.102 address and disable DHCP there and set the static ip to 192.168.1.101, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, default gateway of 192.168.1.1 and DNS server of 192.168.1.1 and save that setting. You will now need to use 192.168.1.101 to access the NVR. Then on the third router screen pictured above change the Start IP Address to 109 then save that setting on the router. This will keep the NVR IP from changing again and put it back to what it originally was as well as keep any other devices from getting assigned that IP from your router. At that point make sure the NVR is accessible at the new IP and check BI to see if there is any difference.
Much Thanks Terk, you are amazing! I've printed all this out and will cross fingers and take it on today! Thanks again!

My apologies also to others if somehow I offended anyone. Completely unintentional. I'm simply trying everything I know to get Blue Iris working again after it was working perfectly fine for years and I didn't make any changes to it yet feed completely disappeared. Extremely thankful for those that have taken the time to assist.
We sometimes seem to forget how good we got it till it's gone. So while it's here, I choose to start my day in gratitude for even the smallest gifts. When your body starts breaking down and the MMA match is trying to escape from the bed... the simple things become even more appreciated.

May we strive to do more to better ourselves, share our knowledge gained to aid another, be it friend or foe and can be something as easy as sending them some loving kindness in any form.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As mentioned prior I did thank Fenderman for his generous and helpful offer but never heard anything after. I
What did you expect to hear after the offer was made. You never responded to the offer...there is simply no way you are going to resolve this on your own. send the teamviewer credentials

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My apologies also to others if somehow I offended anyone.
You certainly did not offend me. I too am offering what I feel is the best advice so as to NOT further confuse or confound you, as @Terk and @Vettester are already giving you plenty of good tech advice.

I wish you luck!

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FINALLY FIXED! :) Huge shout out to all those who took the time to assist me with this.

Somehow (DCHP?) or ? changed in Blue Iris as I never made any changes there.

Yes as Vettester points out the router switch ports are limited to 100mbs so it would be a good idea to unplug the devices from ports 1-4 and plug them into one of your Trendnet switches and plug port 8 of the switch to port 1 on the router. That way you'll have gigabit speeds between your NVR, BI server, and PC.
You have helped me more than you likely know Terk and I'm grateful beyond words. If there is any way I can return the favor please let me know. Thanks again! :)

What did you expect to hear after the offer was made. You never responded to the offer...there is simply no way you are going to resolve this on your own. send the teamviewer credentials
Hello Fenderman, I mentioned this in earlier post but didn't get a PM or anything asking to respond to a team viewer. Regardless of it all, thanks again for your support.

You certainly did not offend me. I too am offering what I feel is the best advice so as to NOT further confuse or confound you, as @Terk and @Vettester are already giving you plenty of good tech advice.

I wish you luck!
Thanks much Tony for the well wishes! It worked!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FINALLY FIXED! :) Huge shout out to all those who took the time to assist me with this.

Somehow (DCHP?) or ? changed in Blue Iris as I never made any changes there.

You have helped me more than you likely know Terk and I'm grateful beyond words. If there is any way I can return the favor please let me know. Thanks again! :)

Hello Fenderman, I mentioned this in earlier post but didn't get a PM or anything asking to respond to a team viewer. Regardless of it all, thanks again for your support.

Thanks much Tony for the well wishes! It worked!!!
Nothing is fixed as you have no clue what you did to fix it...its only working until it stops working again.
and you were supposed to send the PM. That is what PM teamviewer credentials means.