No signal Error 8000274c

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, Blue Iris was working fine till yesterday and now I'm getting:

No signal - Error 8000274c
(timeout; check IP address and port) 0

*date/time is working

Camera's are on a LaView NVR with ethernet cable to a desktop exclusively for BlueIris. (not used to access www)

I've tried rebooting, replacing cables, router etc and can't get BI to see them still however I can see the cameras fine through NVR.

When I type IPCONFIG on W 7 desktop the black box pops up only for a brief second then disappears.

If I type the IP address of one of the camera's into my browser on other desktop nothing happens.

I have a modem, gigabit switch and router. Everything is wired (no wifi)

Relatively new to IP cams and BI and not the most tech inclined, but learning!

Been troubleshooting on it a majority of the day to no avail but as a newb it could be something so simple and I've missed it.

Much thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To get IP info type CMD in the run line then when the black box appears type ipconfig
Also are your cameras PoE powered? If so try rebooting your PoE switch by pulling the power for a minute and plugging it back in. If you can't get to the cameras IPs via a web browser then BI won't be able to get to them either, so you need to figure that out before making any changes in BI.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also the IP addresses of your cameras are not something you need to black out as long as they are in the 10.x.x.x 192.168.x.x or 172.x.x.x ranges as they are private IP addresses and not accessible from the Internet.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately still offline and yes cameras are all Hikvision POE and still no camera's showing on Blue Iris but can see them fine as mentioned on NVR.

"If you can't get to the cameras IPs via a web browser then BI won't be able to get to them either"
Thanks, so if I copy the cameras IP address from info on NVR it should show in a browser? (I notice there are a bunch of different numbers and unsure which to copy)

"When I type IPCONFIG on W 7 desktop the black box pops up only for a brief second then disappears." I found a work around for this issue by start>run>cmd /K

Thanks for mentioning the ip ranges, I think the www is better off not seeing my assets. :/
Would it help others troubleshoot if I show those numbers?

At first thought it had to be the Ethernet cable from NVR to router where BI then accesses cams but I can plug in a notebook and get online so that's not it either.

I've tried everything I know (which is very little when it comes to BI, setting up cams etc) and any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just make sure the first 3 numbers in your camera ips match those of your BI computer. Having the cameras going directly into an NVR is more challenging than if they went into a POE switch since the NVR may be changing the IPs to something different from your routers DHCP scope and they wouldn't be routable then.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just make sure the first 3 numbers in your camera ips match those of your BI computer.
Yes, I think @Terk is referring to the first 3 octets, as in AAA.BBB.CCC, and on the end, DDD.

And FYI, it's OK to publish your LAN IP's (LAN is your 'Local Area Network', inside your house, your BI server, your cams); it's the WAN ('Wide Area Network') or Public IP that you do NOT want us to see.

Last edited:

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just make sure the first 3 numbers in your camera ips match those of your BI computer. Having the cameras going directly into an NVR is more challenging than if they went into a POE switch since the NVR may be changing the IPs to something different from your routers DHCP scope and they wouldn't be routable then.
Thanks again Terk, still trying to get cams online so I can leave the house.

Thanks also for your patience as I'm still a bit confused.

I typed IPCONFIG into the BI desktop and took a picture which I've uploaded and the first 3 numbers are the same on nvr, camera and on ipconfig (IPv4 Address and also same 3 match on Default Gateway).

As mentioned, I didn't make any changes to any of the fields so I don't see how any numbers or settings could have changed by themselves. We did have a lot of wind and cable is outside above ground) when it happened but I tested cable with a notebook and could still get online.

Can you please recommend an IP Switch? Currently have 8 cams (though I cant see them! :/ and would like to add some Dahua Star soon if I can get this all sorted.

Yes, I think @Terk is referring to the first 3 octets, as in AAA.BBB.CCC, and on the end, DDD.

And FYI, it's OK to publish your LAN IP's (LAN is your 'Local Area Network', inside your house, your BI server, your cams); it's the WAN ('Wide Area Network') or Public IP that you do NOT want us to see.
Thanks much Tony :)

Last edited:

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try rebooting the NVR as that is your switch currently correct?

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes Terk and thanks, have rebooted everything numerous times.

Even when I ran 2 different new cables to NVR it still would not show BI so I'm back to original cord now which is in the air on about a 60' run. (Update - going to now try a new cable, reboot everything with new cable one more time in hopes it works)

Can a pc get online still if a cord is damaged enough that it doesn't show BI? At this point the only thing I can figure is the cord.

Really hoping to get it figured out!

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning the ip ranges, I think the www is better off not seeing my assets. :/
you are missing the point. Those are not YOUR assets. Billions of people have those same ip addresses. they are local. The less information your provide, the harder it is to help.
The best way of doing this is to use a poe swtich, then stream the cameras to blue iris and the NVR.
are you making your own cable? if so it must be to the 568B standard.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman and i'm using the factory cables that came with it and replaced the internet cable with a new one last night but still no cams showing. I'm going to order a spool and redo all the cables.

Which POE switch do you recommend?

An out of state friend visiting set everything up but he's now gone.

I remember he did something to see what was all on the router to get BI to stream from NVR to desktop. Does anyone know what that's called (or other ways) so I can see if somehow something there has possibly changed?

Thanks again

Hunkering down living on pasta for days now and will continue to till I get this sorted! ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman and i'm using the factory cables that came with it and replaced the internet cable with a new one last night but still no cams showing. I'm going to order a spool and redo all the cables.

Which POE switch do you recommend?

An out of state friend visiting set everything up but he's now gone.

I remember he did something to see what was all on the router to get BI to stream from NVR to desktop. Does anyone know what that's called (or other ways) so I can see if somehow something there has possibly changed?

Thanks again

Hunkering down living on pasta for days now and will continue to till I get this sorted! ;)
for you i would recommend any name brand unmanaged poe switch..there is a thread on poe switches. Its likely not your cables so I would not mess with them.
see this in the interim Hitting cameras web pages with a laptop in an NVR with POE

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks much fenderman, will check link out now.

I have two of the TEG-S80Dg 8 port switches, will they work also for POE or are simply used to add more ports to router?

Thanks again

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From your last screen shot it appears six of your cameras have the same IP address. Each camera has to have its own unique IP address.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From your last screen shot it appears six of your cameras have the same IP address. Each camera has to have its own unique IP address.
Thanks much Vettester, I hope were onto a solution,

*Update, wen't into BI, Front E and changed IP number, rebooted and still not showing. Attaching images of BI and and also NVR settings. (NVR doesnt show "Discovery/ONVIF port" as seen in BI.

What's strange is everything worked fine as I have made no changes except just now to Front E cam in BI.

Thanks again and nice classic ride you have there!

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Should I go into BI and change everything to what is seen in pic?
Yes, go into the camera's video tab in BI and configure the IP address to match. Enter your user name and password for the camera and then click on "Find/Inspect...".

You might want to also change your RTSP port back to 554.

Last edited:

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, go into the camera's video tab in BI and configure the IP address to match. Enter your user name and password for the camera and then click on "Find/Inspect...".

You might want to also change your RTSP port back to 554.
Thanks much once agian, tried Find/inspect as you mention and get error "no auto config"

Also experimented with putting in both Media/video/RTSPport and Discovery/ONVIF port, 8000, 80, 854 and still no thing showing.

Is there any possibility something could have changed in router which is now not allowing me to see the stream from NVR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Post your blueiris video configuration setting for each camera.. it's likely that he set it up so that its streaming from the NVR the blue iris and not directly from the camera itself... Is that IP address in your image the same IP address as your NVR?

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The router shouldn't be between the NVR and BI server, just acting as a switch if configured normally