Not receiving an alert on one of my mobils anymore

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this. I was getting alerts on my iPhone and iPad. All of the sudden, I stopped getting alerts on my iPad. iPhone works fine. I checked all my settings on the iPad and they look correct. Any ideas?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this. I was getting alerts on my iPhone and iPad. All of the sudden, I stopped getting alerts on my iPad. iPhone works fine. I checked all my settings on the iPad and they look correct. Any ideas?

Thanks.
blueiris options> mobile
ensure the ipad is checked. if it is, delete it, log back in with the ipad and then ensured it is checked for push notification.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks.
Just the usual and the obvious, I guess. My iOS may be different, so here goes:
  • On iPad insure "Settings", "Notifications" enabled for Blue Iris, also "Settings", "Blue Iris".
  • On Blue Iris server, insure in "options" , "mobile devices" that iPad is ticked.
  • Of course, iPad is on Wi-Fi, not cellular like the phone, correct?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had this happen in the past as well. To resolve the issue I deleted the iPad in the mobile devices tab in BI and then removed the app from my iPad. After re-installing the iOS app and reconfiguring the alerts in BI everything started working again.

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the advice. I deleted the iPad from Blue Iris and deleted the app from the iPad.
After re-installing, the notifications came back.

GQuack

n3wb
Reaction score
Likewise having the same problem. Notifications was working just fine, then stopped. Can't nail it down to a specific day but I know my IOS devices were recently updated to 12.1.1.
I followed the advice from the previous posts, deleted both the iPad and iPhone from Blue Iris, deleted the app from both devices, reinstalled the app on both devices, ensured notifications are turned on for both devices, tried testing again, no luck - Test message sent to 0 devices.

upload_2018-12-30_20-46-43.png

GQuack

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, thank you Tony R. Sounds like a wait state pending the certificate fix.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the last time this was updated in the release notes:
4.6.5 - December 1, 2017
  • The Apple Push notification security certificate has been renewed through the end of 2018.

GQuack

n3wb
Reaction score
So Push notifications are not working as of right now, what do I need to do?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
And if you can't get along until then regarding notifications, set up the e-mail server and set up SMS text feature...I receive an SMS text on my AT&T cell within 5 seconds.