NVR Showing on SADP but not Viewable through Browser or IVMS

Reaction score
I had a call from a customer recently to say the she was having issues with Playback, I attended 2 days later and the HDD symbol was solid red on the front of the NVR (So I was assuming this was a Hard drive Issue), but also in the meantime, she had lost display on the Local Monitor.

I tried the trusty On/Off - Nothing, although the Hik Loading Screen did appear, this followed with a blank screen showing only the mouse pointer, which was responsive.

I then tried to locate the NVR on SADP, to which it was showing and also active (All looked normal). I click the Hyperlink and get ''this site cannot be reached / Refused to connect'' from the browser.

I ping the NVR - which is successful.

I bring the NVR back to my office, to try with another monitor, same result as above. I then load up IVMS, the NVR shows in Online Search but then once added, shows ''Device'' in Device type (Rather than the usual ''Encoding Device'') and also shows as offline. Serial Number also doesn't show.

NVR: DS-7732NI-K4/16p
Software Version: V4.71.005build 220524

Looking for any ideas/help that I can get?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For the "No signal" try switching output resolution to lower, perhaps someone accidently pressed Yes to 4k and then it cant be displayed at any other than 4k.

For the webinterface, can you try with legacyinternet explorer with plugin enabled?

Please post some screenshots of your steps and problems you meet.

Plus you can try enter configuration via "Batch configuration tool" it will open configuration on device port 8000 rather than opening webpackage configuration mode via http like new ivms does.

Reaction score
Thanks Trempa,

Yes I thought it may be a resolution option, only I have no means of getting to the configuration without being able to access via web browser. Web browser was tried on IE with plug-ins, and on google for peace of mind, nothing on either, it doesnt even show the Hik-Login Page which I found interesting. With no Native display, I have no means of interacting with the device.

My main problem is that I cannnot get to any type of interface to diagnose or tinker with anything. To be honest I would have just assumed it was some form catastrophic failure but the fact that I can Ping it on the network and it shows in SADP is the only thing that is sparking my curiosity, although I could find any similar info online.

I will try get it set back up today an upload some phots

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you able to probe the IP address and check for open ports, IE web port etc?

Reaction score
Hi All,

So, potentially something I should have tried earlier, oversight on my part, I removed the Hard Drive and all the above of accessing the UI (Through browser and with Monitor) corrected.

Raises a question about how a hard drive fault causes this but a fix nonetheless the NVR itself is now operational & accessible.

Appreciated your inputs

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HDD can fault in the way it draws alot more current or amps as you want it. Directly sucks the power so DVR/NVR cant boot properly.
It is not something unusual, happens more often than 1 might think. But installers usually just sell new stuff.