NVR5232-EL crash during playback

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok he just did it again. Here is the result: playback from the web gui does not work, and smartpss and dmss are inaccessible.
However, I noticed that the problem corresponds to a Google Chrome crash, I try edge...

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. Did You try latest version of SmartPSS Lite (no old SmartPSS)?
Best: configured from zero (different user login or computer)...

2. is this SmartPSS was configured to connect to NVR by local IP address or serial number (P2P)?

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying normal smartpss, not lite. But in any case the problem often occurs even when using only the web gui.
Ps: no p2p, only local IP

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First I carried out about 20 minutes of testing playing from smartpss and at the same time also from dmss (assuming it was the NVR that was unable to support the two things), but the problem did not arise.
Just now though, I opened the playback section in smartpss, selected an ivs event and it immediately crashed.
I can't understand anything anymore!

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm trying normal smartpss, not lite. But in any case the problem often occurs even when using only the web gui.
Ps: no p2p, only local IP
if this is not a windows problem (You can block NVR by accessing web interface from many different Windows/Macs) and network problem then the only logical solution is simply report failure and return the NVR for repair/replacement with a new one.

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if this is not a windows problem (You can block NVR by accessing web interface from many different Windows/Macs) and network problem then the only logical solution is simply report failure and return the NVR for repair/replacement with a new one.
The only clue I found is in the log.
At 23.13 I started the playbacl and it crashed. The problem was resolved at 23:29 when it says stop playback. It's as if it Screenshot 2024-06-26 233120.pngwere actually stuck in playback.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
this can be thermal problem (heatsink not glued to the processor), which will create problem at higher use (playback etc for a few minutes)...

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
but the log shows no errors. Furthermore, the fan doesn't even increase in speed.
I also checked the bandwidth during playback, and I'd say that's not the problem!IMG_0684.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@steve1225 is way smarter than I am on this stuff, but I continue to believe the bottleneck is being created by another device or your own PC reaching some limit of buffering and locking up

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
@steve1225 is way smarter than I am on this stuff, but I continue to believe the bottleneck is being created by another device or your own PC reaching some limit of buffering and locking up
If you wanted to rule out bandwidth, memory, or overtaxed hardware( or corrupted firmware), why not just turn off all recording of the live cameras, restart the NVR so its not recording.( that will free up memory and bandwidth) then try to remote in either with smartpss or direct from the web gui. Try viewing or downloading video remotely, If it still crashes then I would agree with The Big fish on some kind of network issue. If that turns out to be the case, Bring a laptop to the site and try it again direct or with a switch and try to access it again, see what happens, I have a feeling you have corrupted or mis configured firmware that is doing this. If it still crashes on a local lan, then you might have to wipe it out and start from scratch, we all know how unreliable dahua firmware is.

EDIT---> I would start at the NVR first on a local lan and work backwards, in this case it hard to say what end of the equation is the issue. Isolation with a laptop and the NVR is a good place to start.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting older thread about the same model , but no definitive resolution.

Just for curiosity, what is the time you have set for the NVR to block the login for a bad password attempt?

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting older thread about the same model , but no definitive resolution.

Just for curiosity, what is the time you have set for the NVR to block the login for a bad password attempt?
security- account lockout section -30 times, lock for 5 minutes

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I ask because I had a version of both SmartPSS and iDMSS some years back that would go crazy sending login requests to the NVR and finally max it out and the NVR treated it like failed login attempts. had to wait or reboot

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you wanted to rule out bandwidth, memory, or overtaxed hardware( or corrupted firmware), why not just turn off all recording of the live cameras, restart the NVR so its not recording.( that will free up memory and bandwidth) then try to remote in either with smartpss or direct from the web gui. Try viewing or downloading video remotely, If it still crashes then I would agree with The Big fish on some kind of network issue. If that turns out to be the case, Bring a laptop to the site and try it again direct or with a switch and try to access it again, see what happens, I have a feeling you have corrupted or mis configured firmware that is doing this. If it still crashes on a local lan, then you might have to wipe it out and start from scratch, we all know how unreliable dahua firmware is.

EDIT---> I would start at the NVR first on a local lan and work backwards, in this case it hard to say what end of the equation is the issue. Isolation with a laptop and the NVR is a good place to start.
I did some tests assuming it's smartpss. Unfortunately the problem also occurs with smartpss lite version.
I updated the firmware, with the latest one available on the empiretech website.
I also tried viewing the CPU and memory usage data during playback, and as you can see from the photo attached above I don't notice any problems.
the remaining bandwidth is also more than sufficient.
I even did the test you said:
I connected with a laptop directly on the switch where the NVR is connected: always the same problem.

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ask because I had a version of both SmartPSS and iDMSS some years back that would go crazy sending login requests to the NVR and finally max it out and the NVR treated it like failed login attempts. had to wait or reboot
I think such a problem comes up in the log.
my log is clean, no errors

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think such a problem comes up in the log.
my log is clean, no errors
there is one more thing, which You can do before sending this NVR back to repair...

Default NVR to factory settings...
Then do startup wizard (password, network, date etc) and add all cameras at once.. You will need to format drives one more time...

Do nothing more in NVR configuration (no AI changes, no storage settings, no network/security etc settings).

Check how stable NVR works for live view in web view and SmartPSS...

If this will work, then it means that source is in some strange NVR settings You did in past but we don't known which one.
Second possibility: HDD/database/config structure were corrupted and this created problems..

After that You can do other settings, but checking after each one is NVR stable..

If this will not work, then simply send NVR to repair to seller.