NVR5232-EL crash during playback

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not that I’m aware of.

Note that I use SmartPSS daily for years. I have very little problem with that. I’ve got used to being slow between playback jumps , let the clip your playing g start before clicking too fast on the timeline.
As mentioned yesterday I couldn’t duplicate the error even trying to do so. As long as I don’t rush it, it doesn’t do that.

I don’t have that issue on any other NVR (6 that I manage). And that NVR had the older gray firmware (v3 I believe). All of my other NVR’s have the dark (v4?) interface so maybe there’s a connection with SmartPSS and the older gray v3 UI?

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not that I’m aware of.

Note that I use SmartPSS daily for years. I have very little problem with that. I’ve got used to being slow between playback jumps , let the clip your playing g start before clicking too fast on the timeline.
As mentioned yesterday I couldn’t duplicate the error even trying to do so. As long as I don’t rush it, it doesn’t do that.

I don’t have that issue on any other NVR (6 that I manage). And that NVR had the older gray firmware (v3 I believe). All of my other NVR’s have the dark (v4?) interface so maybe there’s a connection with SmartPSS and the older gray v3 UI?
Well, the strange thing is that it really shows up randomly. Yesterday I played for about 2 hours without problems... first I only skipped 2 clips and the problem arose.
I just noticed one more difference: when I use smartpss lite the system is not reachable from smartpss lite and dmss, but the web gui remains operational. Using normal smartpss instead also crashes the web gui.
It's clear and obvious that it's some bug that I can't find.
I also inserted another hdd, but the situation did not change

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What version fw is your NVR? Can you show a picture from the camera registration page?
If it’s gray, look into upgrading it to the dark (v4 I think) firmware.
Other than that all I have to offer is take your time reviewing clips, hesitate a few servings before jumping around on the timeline.

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What version fw is your NVR? Can you show a picture from the camera registration page?
If it’s gray, look into upgrading it to the dark (v4 I think) firmware.
Other than that all I have to offer is take your time reviewing clips, hesitate a few servings before jumping around on the timeline.
The firmware is from empiretech. The latest one available on his site. V4.005.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2024-05-14
It seems to me that at the beginning of this discussion you advised me to use his version

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ps:
The same problem occurred with the firmware I received from the factory and also with the latest original dahua firmware.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
so there is apparently no solution?
Did you wipe it out yet? At this point Something is definitely wrong with your little zeros and ones written into ram when it starts, be it corrupted firmware or possibility a bad ram chip or your current config is making your NVR complain at times.
You can backup your current configuration to a thumb drive if you decide to keep it as is. If that does not work then send it back if their is a warranty on it.

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you wipe it out yet? At this point Something is definitely wrong with your little zeros and ones written into ram when it starts, be it corrupted firmware or possibility a bad ram chip or your current config is making your NVR complain at times.
You can backup your current configuration to a thumb drive if you decide to keep it as is. If that does not work then send it back if their is a warranty on it.
unfortunately, there is no warranty, and the times would be so long that it would be better to buy a new one.
Before throwing in the towel I did a few more tests
I noticed that during the crash if I deactivate and reactivate the "private protocol" in the security section the problem is resolved without having to wait 10 minutes.
Does it make sense like what?:eek:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Before throwing in the towel I did a few more tests
I noticed that during the crash if I deactivate and reactivate the "private protocol" in the security section the problem is resolved without having to wait 10 minutes.
Does it make sense like what?:eek:
it reloads network daemon (server) on NVR which provides private protocol (DMSS, SmartPSS) and other streaming protocols (webplayer).

michele5353

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it reloads network daemon (server) on NVR which provides private protocol (DMSS, SmartPSS) and other streaming protocols (webplayer).
ok, thanks for the information. So other than keeping the NVR like this or replacing it, do you think there is nothing to try?