Ordered Sony SNC-VB770 Image Sensor Size 35MM :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Moving in right direction got the Metal and everything else fabricated today. Need an electrician to come out to run some lines for me.. up to the location.

1603052048109.png1603052113414.png1603052152239.png1603052218935.png

Very soon it be installed up and running.. Finally almost there.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So Last night I got a F1.4 lens to let in more light and also installed it. So far really good. Only thing is Since it is an F1.4 lens focus area gets limited but its okay I have other cams covering it also pretty well. This is soley to try getting as much description possible in color at night.

1609295095778.png

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I might try that anything in particular which I should try. Also I am thinking to point the camera as much as possible towards the walkway may do it this weekend and play with more settings :p

On another note thanks to Ken with Blueiris support he actually had to update and do addition in the code to support this camera earlier I was using nvidia for re encoding to save footage so the bar does not come in since it only does high profile h264 and Ken was able to push an update for me few weeks ago supporting this camera now so I can use it without HA encoding during recording.. Which is now on playback it is performing so much better and also saving a lot of disk space it went from 12 gb to 4-6 gb :) per 30 min.. thanks to BI team as well :)

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I might try that anything in particular which I should try.
Can you set the lens itself to manual or is it all auto? Is it a specialized lens designed for surveillance use or just a standard 85mm Sony camera lens? Are there settings in the cam for shutter and aperture? An aperture control mode? A full manual mode? I'm curious how it works relative to a DSLR or more typical video camera.

Practically as a surveillance cam you'd want focus at infinity for most all purposes but would be fun to see what else you could do. I want one to play with now! lol

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you set the lens itself to manual or is it all auto? Is it a specialized lens designed for surveillance use or just a standard 85mm Sony camera lens? Are there settings in the cam for shutter and aperture? An aperture control mode? A full manual mode? I'm curious how it works relative to a DSLR or more typical video camera. I want one to play with now! lol
Lens is full Manual Lens Sony E mount type. I have to actually do the focus on the lens itself ..

Standard setting are in the camera for controlling Shutter in the settings. There is a full manual mode in the camera itself..

1609297364050.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhh... I see. Manual lens so you set focus and aperture on the lens itself. Is aperture set all the way down to 1.4 now? That will give you a ton of light at night. Wondering how much it changes the depth of field.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. So at that and the distance that you focus you still have lots of depth. That's good in the case of a surveillance cam.

Thanks. Just curious how it works. Haven't ever had a chance to look at one of those closely.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry to keep bugging you but you have things that I want. ; ) lol

How do you think that it compares to the 4K 4/3 cam that you have?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry to keep bugging you but you have things that I want. ; ) lol

How do you think that it compares to the 4K 4/3 cam that you have?
4/3 Is also pretty darn awesome since it can auto track. It is the next best thing in terms of light gathering cams I got None other matches performance. I have one 1 1.8 4mp bullet and that does not come close to what 4/3 8mp can do at night..