Overallocated Shortage Error after MB Failure

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Getting over allocated shortage error under blue iris status.. Tried deleting the database as well as repairing it.. It scans the folders, but its also not adding the clips back to blue iris that has been previous recorded. This goes for both local drives as well as footage that is on my NAS... Any help would be great!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Getting over allocated shortage error under blue iris status.. Tried deleting the database as well as repairing it.. It scans the folders, but its also not adding the clips back to blue iris that has been previous recorded. This goes for both local drives as well as footage that is on my NAS... Any help would be great!
Any of your HDD drives change with the new MoBo?

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if any of this will be applicable to your scenario:

Yeah.. That doesn't fix it... its not even generating clips or allowing me to see previous footage.. I'm doing another repair build and after it gets done.. I'll post a pic

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the drives and paths the same as they used to be? Also are your cams named the same?

Another thing to try is go into the logs/info screen, then go to the storage page and try a repair from there?

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
camera names and drives are the same.. I’ve gone in the logs/info screen and tried repairing that way.. this is what im getting/seeing..
I restored a backup that I had... everything is working except for this

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Take a look at your BI settings for clips and archiving and ensure that nothing changed there - it appears that you have overallocated how much storage is available.

When you delete or regenerate the DB, the alert clips disappear for the time prior to the delete. The BVR files are still there, but the alert clips disappear.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the screenshots of my storage
Take a look at your BI settings for clips and archiving and ensure that nothing changed there - it appears that you have overallocated how much storage is available.

When you delete or regenerate the DB, the alert clips disappear for the time prior to the delete. The BVR files are still there, but the alert clips disappear.
Everything looks good in those folders and settings.. its like its over allocated because its not counting what's already in those folders which is their own BI clips

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Check things carefully, either something has changed and so it’s not able to process the existing clips or it’s not rebuilding the database hence why it’s showing over allocation.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check things carefully, either something has changed and so it’s not able to process the existing clips or it’s not rebuilding the database hence why it’s showing over allocation.
Man, I’ve gone thru everything…. Deleted database, rebuilt database… waited 3 days after rebuilding. No recording during that time… Just don’t know what else to do. Permissions checked.. I can even have it move the clips from new to stored. And then they are lost… but if I go into explorer and click the clip. It’ll open it blue iris.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes it’s not recognising these files as clips but knows that they are there occupying disk space hence the over allocation.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When it starts scanning during a rebuild.. and it gets to generating.. It seems to hang at 15% and crashes...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Stop deleting the db, change Stored to 0 GB in clips and archiving. You cannot allocate the same value for Stored as New in the 8TB drive.
Or allocate 40% to each Stored and New and leave 10-20% free space

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I really cant lose the clips.. Theirs a total of 15tb of clips for a business....
Any chance you can replace the drive(s) that comprise the over-allocated storage and put them in a safe place until needed for historical look-up? Or do they need to be part of an active BI system in order to review the info stored on them.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stop deleting the db, change Stored to 0 GB in clips and archiving. You cannot allocate the same value for Stored as New in the 8TB drive.
Or allocate 40% to each Stored and New and leave 10-20% free space
But the things is, that the value is actually correct if it would read the files thats currently in the folder..

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any chance you can replace the drive(s) that comprise the over-allocated storage and put them in a safe place until needed for historical look-up? Or do they need to be part of an active BI system in order to review the info stored on them.
Not really, I have local storage as well as a nas storage.. And its giving me the same error for both