Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Not to worry, I've taken WION News off my list, even though they do okay in terms of fact checking, BUT they exaggerate the headlines thus sometimes making us quickly jump to conclusions. That Harvard prof was arrested on other means; that had nothing to do with Corona. Let others say what they want to say. I'm sure some people will still the arrest from earlier this year was all too quick to transpire and that it may have had some connection to Corona. Like they say, we will never know what exactly happened. However, I rest that case. We just to accept the way things are and that's reality. You know whats further sickening? Now some science journal headlines are doing the same thing in terms of creating fear-mongering titles. How could they? Since when is this even professional in the scientific community? Another publication claims that we have only identified 6% of total cases world wide. Are they serious? :( I need a chill pill. I'm sure others will need one as well just to ride this one out.

Let's hope we're not in contact with anyone that tests positive. Trials of plasma transfusions (COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma) are underway with blood taken from fully recovered COVID-19 patients. There's hope in sight :thumb:

And yet you pass on quite a few.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't believe he actually said that thinking it wasn't a big deal. What's the point of these public health guidelines then? :(

There no fool like a PolitiFool

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Uh oh, this one didn't get the memo...I'm sure her liberal colleagues will want her tried for crimes against humanity too. How dare she!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn’t that peculiar? Only 40 patients admitted thus far. They’ll be taking patients from New Jersey too now.

In New York City, the United States Navy’s hospital ship Comfort and the Javits Center emergency hospital are still mostly empty.

Maybe we can convert them into unemployment offices.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Really great! Cuomo nagged he needed beds, beds, beds. Trump sent a ship, worth well into the hundreds of millions and staffed with a few thousand, to provide those beds. Last I heard they had about 20 patients on board. Our tax dollars hardly work. Same thing was going on at the Javitts Center, a thousand beds with a handful of patients. Now, both will be used for COVID-19 patients and Trump sent about 1,000 military medical personnel to staff the Javitts Center and relieve some of the hardest hit hospitals. Maybe we'll see them actually get used a little, but the curve seems to be flattening out, at least a little, so how much use they will be remains to be seen. The squeaky wheel got the grease whether it was actually critically needed or not.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
The intent of the ship was to handle non-Covid-19 cases to free up the hospitals and to keep people without COVID-19 but with other critical (non-elective) conditions away from the infectious hospitals. It's a victory that the ships capabilities have been used as little as they have.

By end of day day today NY will exceed 5000 deaths, mostly in the last 7-10 days. 599 just yesterday. Plus a lot more in NJ proximal to the city.

It's a severe crisis there; with NYC as the epicenter, I am friends with docs in the thick of it. Everyone coming together but supplies running low.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
They were supposed to off-load "regular" patients onto the Comfort and the Javitts Center. I understand that things are pretty chaotic in NYC, but 20 people in a week? Then a couple of those tested positive for COVID-19. The point being that the resource was not utilized, properly, whether you say it should have accepted COVID-19 from the start or just accept non-COVID-19 patients as the original plan that was agreed to by Cuomo and Trump.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score