Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Great to see capacity ramp up. NYC may be flattening the curve but a long way to go still. Other states heating up too will likely learn from the experiences in NYC.

Stay safe all!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@mat200 Good news over Hydroxchloroquine: Ban partially lifted, now being exported on a case-by-case basis by India
Interestingly, HCQ was already approved in India but trial is still underway in the US and "experts" are skeptical. Stock is ample.

Throughout the demonstration, Lixey picks up a paper plate, used to reference toilet paper, and then puts paint on her gloves to show that she had just picked up whatever germs were attached to that item

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
ROFL, Well-said, RIP George Carlin
If he was alive today he would stick his finger up and say "I told you so!"

Don't take away our medical freedom

Want a strong immune system? Well here it goes...
  • You don't have to take a shower everyday
  • You don't have to wash your hands every single time
  • You don't toilet paper
  • Just live with it, germs are our friends :lol:
  • pun intended; this crisis is real, follow the CDC/WHO guidelines to be on the safe side :(

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the military personnel doing onboard the USNS Comfort? Only 40 patients? They should transfer the overflow there. :facepalm: :(
Do they not have PPE onboard the ship to accommodate the medical personnel and COVID-19 patients? :idk::eek:
Its definitely an overwhelming situation for many, the lack of ambulances to factor in as well

Brutal day in NY today. Not even lunchtime and they have posted 731 deaths.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
They should wait for a few more days before venturing outside just to be on the safe side. Just because there have been fewer cases reported doesn't mean there are no carriers. Health takes precedence before economy.

My friend told me wuhan will be reopened in 45mins later 0:00 2020/4/08

They were stopped at home for 3 months, thousands people lost life. Pics by my friend in wuhan hours ago.

View attachment 58973
View attachment 58974

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, this sucks. The masks can generally be worn up to 4-6 hours; makes you want to assume that it can be reused multiple times. Clearly these are disposable and they're disposable for a reason. A study shows that the virus live on the masks up to 7 days :(
By the way, never wet your mask. Long live paper towels :D

By the way, this factory is hard at work producing thousands of masks,

Last edited:

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, this sucks. The masks can generally be worn up to 4-6 hours; makes you want to assume that it can be reused multiple times. Clearly these are disposable and they're disposable for a reason. A study shows that the virus live on the masks up to 7 days :(
By the way, never wet your mask. Long live paper towels :D

By the way, this factory is hard at work producing thousands of masks,

With the shortage of surgical masks everywhere, reusing masks have been discussed since the outbreak in Asia.
There are ways been tested to disinfect used masks including baking, spraying with alcohol, steaming, some were said to be OK by medical official.

Here is the real washable masks by a Japanse underwear company in repurposing their production lines. They are sending them to the hospitals only.
I'm sure it will cause backlash by anit-sexist if it hits the States

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Watch out ladies, guys are going raid your drawers and make face masks :).

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do they still refer to their program as CBS News? Too many "journalists" running with unvetted nonsense.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Left Leaning Lame Stream Media and politicians are waging A War On Hope. They ask Trump "How can you talk about hope when people are dying?". As this starts to reach it's peak watch out for an even more extreme mental meltdown and insanity on their part.
I tried to find what dimwit said that but my google search turned up this:
No results found for "How can you talk about hope when people are dying?".

Do you have a source for that quote?

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No matter how many times I listen to that clip I don't hear that quote. I did hear Trump say he was promoting a drug his own medical advisers are unsure about because there is no scientific evidence that it works and there may be unknown side effects - but he has a feeling it will work. Good enough for me.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The whole "scientific evidence" and "clinical testing" arguments are getting weaker and weaker by the day. There is evidence that in many cases hydrichlorquine does provide beneficial result for a least some people, some with a Z pack and some without. One or two cases would be "anecdotal" but when the numbers are into the thousands, and growing, it starts to become significant. Cerainly clinical trials would be nice, but if you're dying of COVID-19 can you wait for them to get done in a year or two? It is interesting to note that lupus patients who have been taking hydrochloroquine have not contracted COVID-19, with one exception and that person stopped taking choloroquine about a year ago. Unknown side effects of a drug that has been in wide use for about 50 years is a stretch as well. The media is screwing itself into a knot and a half trying to discredit it as a possible therapeutic just because Trump mentioned it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter how many times I listen to that clip I don't hear that quote. I did hear Trump say he was promoting a drug his own medical advisers are unsure about because there is no scientific evidence that it works and there may be unknown side effects - but he has a feeling it will work. Good enough for me.
Listen again. Its not a verbatim quote. Not sure why your are trying to make it about finding that quote word for word.
As far has hydroxycloroquine, your friends in the main stream media, including NYT, WAPO etc, have been out right lying to you. YES LYING. Unfortunately you failed to do basic research and you bought the lie hook line and sinker and repeated the lie in your post. They claim the drug is dangerous and must be thoroughly tested. Well well well, what the hell do we have here, right from the CDC telling us for YEARS that its perfectly safe but for those with psoriasis. According to the CDC it is even safe for children, pregnant and nursing women. Furthermore, its taken as a prophylactic for VOLUNTARY travel. There is not mention in the pdf about these so called dangers or to avoid said travel. However, you and the mainstream media suddenly decided that its dangerous because you hate trump.
MANY doctors in the real world (some of whom I personally know) are not only using it successfully in the REAL world, but have tried to get their hands on it for themselves. Patients should NOT have to wait months for a double blind study or even worse be part of the study and change getting the placebo. This stuff is 100 percent safe. Enough with the lying.
Look at these dangerous side effects.
"Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated medicine. The most common adverse reactions reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and headache. These side effects can often be lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause itching in some people. All medicines may have some side effects. Minor side effects such as nausea, occasional vomiting, or diarrhea usually do not require stopping the antimalarial drug. If you cannot tolerate your antimalarial drug, see your health care...."