Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
WOW, Wuhan is a beautiful city, hope to visit this immaculate city when this pandemic is officially declared over
The background music certainly triggers that emotionally feeling

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
In one word --> Yes

What do we do about unemployment? I think many of us are frustrated at the moment. :(
How long does it take to go in to get paperwork done and walk out of the unemployment office? What about COVID-19 exposure and social distancing?
Hope they can fast track to resolving this virus soon

Left., right, in-be-fuQing-tween....aren’t ya’ll getting tired of this political bullshit?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WOW, Wuhan is a beautiful city...
The slums of Mexico City are beautiful when it’s dark and they are lit up.The music is intended to appeal to emotion. This is simply more propaganda Intended to influence the Sheeple.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Left., right, in-be-fuQing-tween....aren’t ya’ll getting tired of this political bullshit?
The sanest post in weeks. Let's just root on the president and all who are involved in trying to beat this mf'er. My hat's off to all those on the front lines! There will be plenty of time to point fingers and yell at each other later :)

JDuBLu

n3wb
Reaction score
I took it all with a pinch of salt until 2 weeks ago. My family back in England are on lockdown (advised not to go out or be in close contact with anyone really as they are getting old and have pre-existing conditions). I'm in California dodging the bugs and watching the show. Shelter in place by the state and the fat man continues to politically spin his daily fumbles into "pure greatness, better than anyone has ever seen". Surprised hes not claiming to be the second coming...
Keeping my head down and waiting for it to blow over. Might get a fat cheque too, so I can stimulus me some more security toys. If I manage to avoid infection then I will be better prepared when the old boys network, run this population trim again next year.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I really started tiring of all the BS back around '96. Talks with family/friends/coworkers at the time only proved the hypothesis of, "If you're one step ahead of the pack, you're a visionary. If you're two steps ahead, you're a wacko." In that time, in their eyes, I went from wacko, to visionary, to average joe. :p

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Frankenscript
ctgoldwing

^^^^^^^^
TDS runs deep in these two...
A few years ago I might have posted that the ODS is strong on this forum.

All part of the joy of democracy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I work for a contract research organization not a drug company, so the outcome of the study is immaterial to us; we simply run studies and test samples to get paid. We do make money off the drug discovery / testing business, but this kind of study (clinical outcome research for existing drug) isn't a big for profit thing.

I am a strong believer is evidence based decision making and unless I was dying of COVID-19 I would rather be part of a trial and accept I might be in the control arm.

Studies are starting to bear fruit. Some say it works, others say it doesn't. Most don't have enough data yet. Time will tell.
Precisely. You just want the study done regardless of how many people may die as a result of the placebo. So now you change your position to "unless I was dying". Too bad NY's are dying because of companies like yours and politicians who are clueless and they dont have your newly created "unless I was dying option".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I guess I'll take this accomplished liar's word for it. Exactly how many medical papers has Trump had published? Plowe, Christopher

I understand there is a new medical term coming out of this virus pandemic, TAKS

be safe
ok so you are going to keep lying despite the many other REAL WORLD doctors that are telling you they see it works? Only a fool listens to a single "expert" who is biased against trump. You see, he did not publish an article saying hydroxy does not work, he published an article trashing trump. If he cared about the truth he would not mention trump at all. Interesting that he donated money to warren and other far left activits. lol
How about the CDC PDF that you keep ignoring. Why do you feel the need to keep lying?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The sanest post in weeks. Let's just root on the president and all who are involved in trying to beat this mf'er. My hat's off to all those on the front lines! There will be plenty of time to point fingers and yell at each other later :)
Interesting coming from someone like you who has been trashing trump all day long and lying to achieve that goal.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Precisely. You just want the study done regardless of how many people may die as a result of the placebo. So now you change your position to "unless I was dying". Too bad NY's are dying because of companies like yours and politicians who are clueless and they dont have your newly created "unless I was dying option".
It's not even clear chloroquine derivatives work. A recent small study showed no faster clearing of virus or reduction of symptoms. But it was too small to be definitive.

If I felt strongly at risk of death I would prefer to be on one of the antivirals they are testing. If I got a typical COVID-19 infection (feel terrible, not at risk of death) I would happily participate in a clinical trial "at risk" of being in control arm. Also note these trials often allow for changing treatment based on patient progress and evolving understanding of best treatments.

Companies like mine make trials happen and give us the drugs that save and improve lives. I sleep well at night confident my work makes the world better.

Let's out the US politics aside for a moment: if chloroquine/analogs was some sort of panacea, wouldn't it have been deployed through Europe to stem the mess going on in Italy, Spain, France?

I hope it works because it is cheap, available, and relatively safe. But I haven't seen much data yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not even clear chloroquine derivatives work. A recent small study showed no faster clearing of virus or reduction of symptoms. But it was too small to be definitive.

If I felt strongly at risk of death I would prefer to be on one of the antivirals they are testing. If I got a typical COVID-19 infection (feel terrible, not at risk of death) I would happily participate in a clinical trial "at risk" of being in control arm. Also note these trials often allow for changing treatment based on patient progress and evolving understanding of best treatments.

Companies like mine make trials happen and give us the drugs that save and improve lives. I sleep well at night confident my work makes the world better.

Let's out the US politics aside for a moment: if chloroquine/analogs was some sort of panacea, wouldn't it have been deployed through Europe to stem the mess going on in Italy, Spain, France?

I hope it works because it is cheap, available, and relatively safe. But I haven't seen much data yet.

Listen, there are doctors in the real world who have prescribed the cocktail to hundreds of patients who say it WORKS. The drug is 100 percent safe despite the lies being told. Companies like yours a FOR PROFIT who dont give a rats ass about the poor dying schmuck, as we can see from your posts.
It is being used in europe they just have more red tape. Trump cut the red tape so we can have access to it. If a doctor at hackensack tells us that over 75 percent of their 1400 covid patients are on it, it tells me something. This is being downplayed by the media and folks like you because you hate trump. A very sad state of affairs. I am not surprised though.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
GROWING COVID-19 Cyber Cons and Frauds

IMG-1327.jpg

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
WOW, Wuhan is a beautiful city, hope to visit this immaculate city when this pandemic is officially declared over
The background music certainly triggers that emotionally feeling

Hankow(One district of wuhan now) was the 2nd best city in 1920s-1940s , shanghai is the 1st one, there has lots of banks there.
This building built by British people.
1586359557373.png

This is the National City bank of New york. Built in 1921.
1586359800796.png
1586359924222.png

1586359873993.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score