Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You statement here could be construed as we dropped the ball by saying "allowed". We need to stop the blame game. This virus is so infectious that the whole world is dealing with it in a very short span of time.

I think a better analogy is that it just got into America because mostly the high infections in Europe that we were not aware of because this virus is so extremely infectious. No one really knew about this virus and how infectious it was. Look at all the experts comments even into late February when also Pelosi was saying "Come to Chinatown in SF".

You would not say that the tribes in the Amazon Rainforest allowed themselves to get infected would you?
Hi @Oceanslider

We have significant control of our borders to a far greater degree than those Amazon tribes have of their borders, and we have some of the greatest minds here in the USA.

so yes imho We allowed this, and we failed to appropriately plan and prepare for it.

PRC China allowed it to bloom in China and encouraged it to seed the rest of the world ( using WHO as a tool ).

Not a Blame game - but assignment of responsibilities. PRC of China may not like this, nor may others - but it is based on the facts.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The younger population will retaliate soon by reproducing at an alarming rate. :lol:

Hi @Oceanslider

We have significant control of our borders to a far greater degree than those Amazon tribes have of their borders, and we have some of the greatest minds here in the USA.

so yes imho We allowed this, and we failed to appropriately plan and prepare for it.

PRC China allowed it to bloom in China and encouraged it to seed the rest of the world ( using WHO as a tool ).

Not a Blame game - but assignment of responsibilities. PRC of China may not like this, nor may others - but it is based on the facts.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Just came from the doctor's office, driving by, I noticed a long line traversing around the perimeter of a Trader Joe's parking lot. Absolutely appalled. Are American consumers that brainwashed? I can understand why there are lines outside of the store (thanks to social distancing), but a line that is almost a quarter mile long?! WTF?! What is at Trader Joe's that you can't find at other local grocery stores? This really feels like a publicity stunt or propaganda only fueling the fear among the American population. Other food markets around are still well-stocked (and stocking far better and fresher produce by the way) and are not too crowded. Why does it seem like everybody has to go to the grocery store in the afternoon? Are people simply lazy or are they having fun all night long? Can't they go during different times of the day? Are they overly worried of a zombie apocalypse? This is absolutely immature. There is way too much idiocy around us. Why can't stores simply incorporate a sign-up sheet? And if you miss your time slot its because you snooze, you loose. The government and WHO got us all good. Now they know that it is possible to control the destiny of the human population :eek:

View attachment 59474
Well first off, I see through your propaganda. You said there's a line 1/4 mile to get into TJ's but this is a pic from inside a store..so you waited in line then went in to take this pic? Then I note that I see only one mask on therefore this could not be today unless people in NY are that stupid...plus I do not see 6ft social distancing taking place. So, you want to fess up on your little expedition? And second, how do you know the lines were not this long at 8am? Third, you've gotta realize there are a lot of folks who only shop for 2 or 3 days of food...it's ingrained in their brains and social structure. Fourth, you've got to realize that a lot of people eat out....these are the poor assholes who don't know which end of a can opener to hold. With restaurants closed they are left to fend for themselves. Fifth, we are dealing with New Yorkers here...enough said. Note that these dumbshits will put their baskets on the conveyor belt after having placed them on the floor where their dog shit and Corona shoes walked. They'll all unload their baskets by putting their food on the same conveyor belt.

p.s. Am I the only one that sees that guy in the middle of the pic taking a deuce and screaming 'cause of the pain of his anal fissures? Only the New York Yankees guys seems to have interest....

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Well said @Sybertiger I meant to say 1/4 km. Being from a science background, I'm used to the metric system, lol. Definitely not trying to promote my version of propaganda. This picture was taken from the NY Times from inside the store. I haven't ventured into Trader Joe's since late January. 1/4 mile is definitely stretching it, but there were definitely at least 80 individuals waiting to enter the store (perhaps 40 families with 2 members of the household each, not necessarily 80 households). 80 x 6ft of social distancing = 480 feet. The line was around 480 feet, that sounds about right (visually, that's a very long line, and there is no doubt that). However, it was certainly an eyesore :eek: Really feels like people have limited choices, because either A). they are not well informed and B). they limit themselves. Why would you want to wait for 30 minutes up to an hour just to enter the store. I spend about 15-20 minutes grocery shopping. Think about the math. If the average Joe spends 15 minutes doing grocery shopping and the queue to enter the store consists of 40 people, we're talking about 600 minutes? That can't be right. Trader Joe's doesn't even have a self-checkout aisle. Surely, about half of those people have just given up and left the line.

Well first off, I see through your propaganda. You said there's a line 1/4 mile to get into TJ's but this is a pic from inside a store..so you waiting in line then went in to take this pic? Then I note that I see only one mask on therefore this could not be today unless people in NY are that stupid...plus I do not see 6ft social distancing taking place. So, you want to fess up on your little expedition? And second, how do you know the lines were not this long at 8am? Third, you've gotta realize there are a lot of folks who only shop for 2 or 3 days of food...it's ingrained in their brains and social structure. Fourth, you've got to realize that a lot of people eat out....these are the poor assholes who don't know which end of a can opener to hold. With restaurants closed they are left to fend for themselves. Fifth, we are dealing with New Yorkers here...enough said. Note that these dumbshits will put their baskets on the conveyor belt after having placed them on the floor where their dog shit and Corona shoes walked. They'll all unload their baskets by putting their food on the same conveyor belt.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Well said @Sybertiger I meant to say 1/4 km. Being from a science background, I'm used to the metric system, lol. Not propaganda, this picture was taken from the NY Times from inside the store. I haven't ventured into Trader Joe's since late January. 1/4 mile is definitely stretching it, but there were definitely at least 80 individuals waiting to enter the store (perhaps 40 families with 2 members of the household each, not necessarily 80 households). 80 x 6ft of social distancing = 480 feet. The line was around 480 feet, that sounds about right (visually, that's a very long line, and there is no doubt that). However, it was certainly an eyesore :eek: Really feels like people have limited choices, because either A). they are not well informed and B). they limit themselves. Why would you want to wait for 30 minutes up to an hour just to enter the store. I spend about 15-20 minutes grocery shopping. Think about the math. If the average Joe spends 15 minutes doing grocery shopping and the queue to enter the store consists of 40 people, we're talking about 600 minutes? That can't be right. Trader Joe's doesn't even have a self-checkout aisle. Surely, about half of those people have just given up and left the line.
Interesting....you seem to be agreeable with everything else I wrote. Got you New Yorkers pegged. :winktongue: Let me add, that New Yorkers don't know their measurement systems from a Covid soaked conveyor belt. :rofl:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
We're not even close to H1N1 levels yet in terms of number of cases:p

Again, I don't know why consumers here choose to have a limited range of choices. They are definitely influenced by the pop culture and liberal mindset. Whatever happened to rational thinking? :facepalm: Clearly, this is becoming a psycho-social experiment.

Interesting....you seem to be agreeable with everything else I wrote. Got you New Yorkers pegged. :winktongue: Let me add, that New Yorkers don't know their measurement systems from a Covid soaked conveyor belt. :rofl:

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's that gorgeous anchor again :p

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it's best he cut them off BUT tell the WHO that if they want money from us they need to fire that sack of shit Tedros Adhanom then they reorganize to do what they are funded to do. I think if they go back to doing what they should and quit wasting money on fancy hotels and first class flight we should give them money so that WE have a seat at the table. Tedros is a member of the Tigray People's Liberation Front party a left-wing Marxism–Leninist militant group.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
They still haven't cracked down on the number of royalties given to Tedros. He's had plenty of fun nights in his hotel room in Wuhan.

I think it's best he cut them off BUT tell the WHO that if they want money from us they need to fire that sack of shit Tedros Adhanom then they reorganize to do what they are funded to do. I think if they go back to doing what they should and quit wasting money on fancy hotels and first class flight we should give them money so that WE have a seat at the table. Tedros is a member of the Tigray People's Liberation Front party a left-wing Marxism–Leninist militant group.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
No other person that ran in 2016, if they’d have been in Trumps position, regardless of political affiliation would have had the balls to buck political correctness and implement the China travel ban when he did.
I honestly believe that Trump would have done it sooner had it not been Dr. Fauci telling him two days earlier that everything was fine and no one needed to modify their behavior. The other issue is that I think the Trump was under tremendous pressure not to implement the China travel ban. In Trump fashion he broke to follow his own mind....then he caught hell from the liberals that he was xenophobic and a racist....liberals told everyone to go "hug a Chinese" and go to the Chinese New Year festivities....but then they revise history to claim that Trump didn't do enough sooner and I'm sure their liberal vomit didn't age too well...bet they want to re-do or destroy the tapes.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sure they've been 1, 2, or more advisers that have attempted to sabotage his ban and recent actions. Some people think they can go 2 steps ahead of the president. They should think twice before crossing roads with him. Fauci has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. That's an awful long time.

No other person that ran in 2016, if they’d have been in Trumps position, regardless of political affiliation would have had the balls to buck political correctness and implement the China travel ban when he did.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
2 million, here we come. Did the USA break a Covid-19 death record today?

Capture.JPG

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The issue is this isn't live reporting. The numbers come in batches at any given time. We may have already crossed that threshold. The draconian measures again is a preventive measure, can only imagine how the numbers would have been if there were no draconian measures in place. Now the hospitals can prepare better for the next wave of infection.

Even under this stay at home shelter, some firms are requiring higher administrators to report to work in-person. I don't know how that's legal to begin with. Pretty soon they'll be lawsuits spilling everywhere where employees sue against their employers for being "forced" to report back to work. Sure they can just fire themselves, but that leaves a bad mark.

2 million, here we come. Did the USA break a Covid-19 death record today?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The issue is this isn't live reporting. The numbers come in batches at any given time. We may have already crossed that threshold. The draconian measures again is a preventive measure, can only imagine how the numbers would have been if there were no draconian measures in place. Now the hospitals can prepare better for the next wave of infection.

Even under this stay at home shelter, some firms are requiring higher administrators to report to work in-person. I don't know how that's legal to begin with. Pretty soon they'll be lawsuits spilling everywhere where employees sue against their employers for being "forced" to report back to work. Sure they can just fire themselves, but that leaves a bad mark.
Actually, those totals are for the day ended already at UTC = 0

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's what bothering me at the moment...reports are that cattle and pig processing plants are closing due to significant Covid-19 illness of plant workers. This sends cattle and hog farmers reeling as there's no where to take the animals. There are vegetable fields rotting in Floridumb as crops are not being picked. There are States that are actually trying to implement a plan where retailers will only be able to sell "essential" items. Not on the essential list?...can't buy it. The retailers will be hurt even more. I picked up a new laptop today...if I were in one of those states I would not have been able to buy it and the retailer would just have to sit on it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This report irks me

I drink milk. Got Milk?

Here's what bothering me at the moment...reports are that cattle and pig processing plants are closing due to significant Covid-19 illness of plant workers. This sends cattle and hog farmers reeling as there's no where to take the animals. There are vegetable fields rotting in Floridumb as crops are not being picked. There are States that are actually trying to implement a plan where retailers will only be able to sell "essential" items. Not on the essential list?...can't buy it. The retailers will be hurt even more. I picked up a new laptop today...if I were in one of those states I would not have been able to buy it and the retailer would just have to sit on it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The preliminary report suggests that the Antibody tests are still a work in progress and that a lot more needs to be done. National Academy of Sciences, what’s next?