Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

juliand

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And just like that 24 hours later, the thought police at Twatter suspend the account of yet another scientist who doesnt agree with their uninformed, uneducated liberal management and user base.

Twitter Suspends Account Of Chinese Scientist Who Published Paper Alleging Covid Was Created In Wuhan Lab

Social media is corrupt and is corrupting the minds of millions. They're just too stupid to know it
Is this scientist the one who just appeared on Tucker tonight?
I wish her well.. That was quite an interview.. She gave them up - so that the world would know..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Frankenscript

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds logical, but why didn't this work in China or any of the other places with draconian lockdowns?
Hi Jessie, two questions for you:

What do you mean about it not working in China? China's lockdown policies were brutal, but very effective. While many of us (on all ends of the political spectrum) don't believe the numbers for China we see in Worldometers and other aggregators, there's a variety of opinions on what the real numbers really were. After reading many sources over the course of the pandemic and having watched internal logistics transit reports from early this year (internal proprietary info of my company) and discussions with colleagues living in various places in China I fall into the camp of "it was probably 5-10x as bad as reported" versus other folks who think it was less bad than that (2-3 x as bad as reported) and still others who thought it was much much worse. Pick whatever number works for you, but what's clear is that by early March they had tamped it down and people stopped dying there for the most part. Once they figured out what they were dealing with, they crushed it. The small sporadic outbreaks that followed were handled aggressively and very effectively.

The other question is: you've repeatedly suggested (and I'm paraphrasing) that the virus might have already spread widely throughout the population in the US and that to a large extent whoever was going to get it already has, more or less. Other folks I know on other forums have also started suggesting this in the last week. I'm curious to know where this idea comes from. While it's demonstrably untrue in that many sources of data can be used to disprove the idea (some of which I covered yesterday), usually these theories can be tracked down to a particular source with a particular agenda. I haven't found such a source for this idea so I'm curious to know where it comes from.

Thanks. Have a great day; I'm swamped today so won't bug you guys much.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi Jessie, two questions for you:

What do you mean about it not working in China? China's lockdown policies were brutal, but very effective. While many of us (on all ends of the political spectrum) don't believe the numbers for China we see in Worldometers and other aggregators, there's a variety of opinions on what the real numbers really were. After reading many sources over the course of the pandemic and having watched internal logistics transit reports from early this year (internal proprietary info of my company) and discussions with colleagues living in various places in China I fall into the camp of "it was probably 5-10x as bad as reported" versus other folks who think it was less bad than that (2-3 x as bad as reported) and still others who thought it was much much worse. Pick whatever number works for you, but what's clear is that by early March they had tamped it down and people stopped dying there for the most part. Once they figured out what they were dealing with, they crushed it. The small sporadic outbreaks that followed were handled aggressively and very effectively.

The other question is: you've repeatedly suggested (and I'm paraphrasing) that the virus might have already spread widely throughout the population in the US and that to a large extent whoever was going to get it already has, more or less. Other folks I know on other forums have also started suggesting this in the last week. I'm curious to know where this idea comes from. While it's demonstrably untrue in that many sources of data can be used to disprove the idea (some of which I covered yesterday), usually these theories can be tracked down to a particular source with a particular agenda. I haven't found such a source for this idea so I'm curious to know where it comes from.

Thanks. Have a great day; I'm swamped today so won't bug you guys much.
I say that because Sweeden went from large infections/death per capita to a sudden drop to nearly nothing, almost instantly. We saw this in NY as well, and they didn't change their lockdown policies much. In fact, they loosened them as the numbers got better, yet their deaths were not as much as during the peak. China was on draconian lockdown from the beginning and for months: tracing, testing, everything you said, and their numbers were bad until all of a sudden....poof.

I think you are seeing this theory all over because people are waking up and realizing the numbers don't match up. Combined with all the suppression of data, lack of testing, etc, logic is rushing in.

The virus is very real, I will agree on that. Its very contagious as experts agree. Is it so far fetched to think that it is in its final phase like other viruses we couldn't come out with a vaccine for soon enough because they magically disappeared?

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Frankenscript

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's something peculiar in the CDC Director's behavior, watch closely

If you see other clips of him testifying, you will see he often closes his eyes while talking. It probably is a habit he does when stating rehearsed lines. There was nothing spontaneous in any of his remarks; he was sticking to approved talking points.

When stating that vaccination could start in "November-December" I wish he had said "after the election" instead, just to trigger some of the politicians (and people) who were watching.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Almost looks like he's having abdominal cramps

If you see other clips of him testifying, you will see he often closes his eyes while talking. It probably is a habit he does when stating rehearsed lines. There was nothing spontaneous in any of his remarks; he was sticking to approved talking points.

When stating that vaccination could start in "November-December" I wish he had said "after the election" instead, just to trigger some of the politicians (and people) who were watching.

Frankenscript

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he did have cramps, what with Trump's hand up his butt using him like a sock puppet.