Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just stop the "it's for the good of the people" argument as the excuse to take freedoms away. Nobody has exclusive possession of all the answers, despite what the progressive elitist leftists preach. And remember forcing your "rules" down people's throats earns you the responsibility for all the unintended consequences that always follow every knee-jerk edict.

Any of the loud-mouthed lawgivers standing up and taking the heat for that? Of course not. They're too busy finding places to hide from life while they tell you how you must live yours.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So I just got back from taking my first Covid test. My sister and brother in law tested positive a couple days ago. She has the classic symptoms which triggered the testing, he has no symptoms. They both have it. We were in contact with them last weekend, so I guess I will know in a couple of days if we were infected, though we have no symptoms. Anyone else been tested?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. She works in a hospital so it's everyone's guess its from there. I'm actually shocked she just got it now, being exposed this long.
Keeping you in my thoughts. Hopefully whatever she has, Covid or not, will pass quickly with no lingering effects.

It may give you brief comfort to look at test positivity rates in your area. Most places are well under 10%, with many areas around 5% these days, meaning most people who are sick just have something else less threatening.

My wife went through this in the summer with a good outcome and I hope for the same for your family.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I just got back from taking my first Covid test. My sister and brother in law tested positive a couple days ago. She has the classic symptoms which triggered the testing, he has no symptoms. They both have it. We were in contact with them last weekend, so I guess I will know in a couple of days if we were infected, though we have no symptoms. Anyone else been tested?
Hope you're good Jessie.slimer. Best wishes for you and yours for a speedy and complete recovery.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks all. I should have our results back from Qwest in 2-3 days, but I'm guessing we will be positive, as we spent all day with my sister and brother in law last Sun, and they tested Wed at first symptoms and came back positive yesterday. My wife and I are not too worried, we are pretty low risk and no symptoms.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That sucks to hear, I really hope you all make a speedy recovery.

My mother came in close contact with a doctor recently; that doctor was tested positive for COVID-19 but he still had the audacity to show up to work. Fortunately, my mother's test came up negative last week.

This virus is real. I had a scary encounter with my pulse oximeter reading from last week when it showed my SpO2 as 93. Really freaked out, but fortunately, its been hovering between 97 and 99 last few days.

The weather is also to blame; it sucks to witness neighbors and daily commuters, etc., not wearing masks. People should be fined heavily for not following the rules. Many backyard parties are to blame as well. People just don't give a damn it seems. Self-centered idiots.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That sucks to hear, I really hope you all make a speedy recovery.

My mother came in close contact with a doctor recently; that doctor was tested positive for COVID-19 but he still had the audacity to show up to work. Fortunately, my mother's test came up negative last week.

This virus is real. I had a scary encounter with my pulse oximeter reading from last week when it showed my SpO2 as 93. Really freaked out, but fortunately, its been hovering between 97 and 99 last few days.

The weather is also to blame; it sucks to witness neighbors and daily commuters, etc., not wearing masks. People should be fined heavily for not following the rules. Many backyard parties are to blame as well. People just don't give a damn it seems. Self-centered idiots.
Its sad that you are living in fear. Do you have some preexsisting comorbidities? If not under 44 we have had about 300 deaths total. Under 54, 750 . Do those numbers scare you?
Lets assume you do have a comorbidity, those numbers are 5000 and 15000 respectively. The 15k includes the 5k from the lower age group. 110k of the deaths were over 75. Average age of covid death is 77. Average age of death in general 2018 - 78.54.
The above numbers also includes several thousand people who died from "covid" with comorbidities such as "Intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events, Malignant neoplasms - A CANCER!!! Alzheimer disease Vascular and unspecified dementia. No I am not making this up.

Source:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its sad that you are living in fear. Do you have some preexsisting comorbidities? If not under 44 we have had about 300 deaths total. Under 54, 750 . Do those numbers scare you?
Lets assume you do have a comorbidity, those numbers are 5000 and 15000 respectively. The 15k includes the 5k from the lower age group. 110k of the deaths were over 75. Average age of covid death is 77. Average age of death in general 2018 - 78.54.
The above numbers also includes several thousand people who died from "covid" with comorbidities such as "Intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events, Malignant neoplasms - A CANCER!!! Alzheimer disease Vascular and unspecified dementia. No I am not making this up.

Source:
Thanks for the numbers @fenderman
I’m not really suffering with coronaphobia but there is anxiety over the way a small faction of people not adhering to CDC guidelines. There have been many gatherings all throughout the New York Metropolitan area recently and there are some obviously taking this pandemic very lightly

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^ AKA a colonoscopy. I'm in the Great Nanny State, Commissar Murphy is in charge here, not in Commiefornia where Commissar Nuisance reigns, but we're getting really close to that.
I see, you live in the #1 communist state of NJ. I know how it feels, I live here in South Jersey. Free to get in and pay to get out..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the numbers @fenderman
I’m not really suffering with coronaphobia but there is anxiety over the way a small faction of people not adhering to CDC guidelines. There have been many gatherings all throughout the New York Metropolitan area recently and there are some obviously taking this pandemic very lightly
Why do you have anxiety, as you can see from the CDC's own numbers that there is insignificant risk. This pandemic has been taken lightly all over the county with mass riots and protests. CDC doesnt seem to care about those.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do you have anxiety, as you can see from the CDC's own numbers that there is insignificant risk. This pandemic has been taken lightly all over the county with mass riots and protests. CDC doesnt seem to care about those.
You have a very valid point, but we should not dismiss the mask yet as we can’t tell who has what (in terms of COVID-19) especially when in the public. I think concern would be rather drastically reduced if dealing with less populated areas like in the rural parts of the country. With the flu shot, that’s just one less thing to think about for the remainder of this year :rofl: