Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just about every time we see the grandkids I come down with something the next week. Their bugs spread a lot easier than covid. I guess the difference is that they generally don't end with hospitalization or death.
I am with you, my son was in a daycare prior to school, I was sick all the time with him bringing things to us, now a grandfather and on our third grandchild, we went through the same sicknesses, now our 5 year old started pre-K a few weeks ago, I am now once again sick. No not with fever, just cold like symptoms. I understand it is winter but what happened to Nov. & Dec., he was around us those months but was at home with his parents. Once kids get around kids, now that is a the true meaning of super spreader :) I would say those around kids will eventually have a stronger immune system over time. I bet I have so many different type of antibodies in me I am a walking medical encyclopedia :) But what do I know, cough, sniff, cough...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Now that Trump is gone, things are improving at a breakneck pace:
  • New test guidelines will lower the case counts
  • Amazon will help with getting the vaccine out
  • It's so much better that CNN doesn't have to spread fear as much:
cnn.png
(We don't get CNN so I can't personally verify this one).

An as a bonus, some of the Arizona votes can now be looked at.
Maricopa County is preparing for a new audit of election results. Here's how it might go

I know this last amazing coincidence isn't directly related to covid. For so many things it has been a struggle to decide if it belongs in the covid or political thread. Would be a lot easier if it wasn't that the main purpose of covid reaction and reporting was to hammer Trump.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just heard the Biden administration is implementing travel bans from parts of Europe and Africa. Wait...isn't that.....racist?! Along with xenophobic and all the other phobics we heard about last year.
Not if THEY do it.
Europe? Nothing but a bunch of privileged white folk........
Africa? Uh....uh....but this is different.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I just heard the Biden administration is implementing travel bans from parts of Europe and Africa. Wait...isn't that.....racist?! Along with xenophobic and all the other phobics we heard about last year.
Not if THEY do it.
Europe? Nothing but a bunch of privileged white folk........
Africa? Uh....uh....but this is different.
Where do you get your information? The ban is primarily targeting UK and areas of Europe that are primarily white. The Africa stuff is barely a footnote.

"The ban, expected to start Monday, would prohibit travelers from the United Kingdom, Ireland and 26 countries in Europe that allow travel across open borders, called the Schengen Area, according to Reuters. It will also block entry to travelers from Brazil and South Africa, where researchers discovered new variants of the virus. Former President Donald Trump imposed similar restrictions on travelers from Brazil and Europe but ordered that those bans be lifted two days before his term ended. "

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Where do you get your information? The ban is primarily targeting UK and areas of Europe that are primarily white. The Africa stuff is barely a footnote.

"The ban, expected to start Monday, would prohibit travelers from the United Kingdom, Ireland and 26 countries in Europe that allow travel across open borders, called the Schengen Area, according to Reuters. It will also block entry to travelers from Brazil and South Africa, where researchers discovered new variants of the virus. Former President Donald Trump imposed similar restrictions on travelers from Brazil and Europe but ordered that those bans be lifted two days before his term ended. "
A couple things. First, what does Europe primarily being white have to do with in inability for it to be a racist move? Racism does not happen against white people? We do have the first openly, provable racist in the white house (see his well documented videos or the fact that he chose his VP and many others STRICTLY on race, and admitted to it). He is openly racist against whites.

Second, even if it was a small part of Africa, what makes that any different than Trump banning travel from a couple small parts there known to harbor terrorism? He was called racist by nearly everyone for trying to protect the country from an influx that may harm us.

Now, realize that I'm not seriously saying that Biden is being racist in THIS situation. I'm merely pointing out another example of the glaring hypocrisy.