Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just heard the Biden administration is implementing travel bans from parts of Europe and Africa. Wait...isn't that.....racist?! Along with xenophobic and all the other phobics we heard about last year.
Not if THEY do it.
Europe? Nothing but a bunch of privileged white folk........
Africa? Uh....uh....but this is different.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I just heard the Biden administration is implementing travel bans from parts of Europe and Africa. Wait...isn't that.....racist?! Along with xenophobic and all the other phobics we heard about last year.
Not if THEY do it.
Europe? Nothing but a bunch of privileged white folk........
Africa? Uh....uh....but this is different.
Where do you get your information? The ban is primarily targeting UK and areas of Europe that are primarily white. The Africa stuff is barely a footnote.

"The ban, expected to start Monday, would prohibit travelers from the United Kingdom, Ireland and 26 countries in Europe that allow travel across open borders, called the Schengen Area, according to Reuters. It will also block entry to travelers from Brazil and South Africa, where researchers discovered new variants of the virus. Former President Donald Trump imposed similar restrictions on travelers from Brazil and Europe but ordered that those bans be lifted two days before his term ended. "

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Where do you get your information? The ban is primarily targeting UK and areas of Europe that are primarily white. The Africa stuff is barely a footnote.

"The ban, expected to start Monday, would prohibit travelers from the United Kingdom, Ireland and 26 countries in Europe that allow travel across open borders, called the Schengen Area, according to Reuters. It will also block entry to travelers from Brazil and South Africa, where researchers discovered new variants of the virus. Former President Donald Trump imposed similar restrictions on travelers from Brazil and Europe but ordered that those bans be lifted two days before his term ended. "
A couple things. First, what does Europe primarily being white have to do with in inability for it to be a racist move? Racism does not happen against white people? We do have the first openly, provable racist in the white house (see his well documented videos or the fact that he chose his VP and many others STRICTLY on race, and admitted to it). He is openly racist against whites.

Second, even if it was a small part of Africa, what makes that any different than Trump banning travel from a couple small parts there known to harbor terrorism? He was called racist by nearly everyone for trying to protect the country from an influx that may harm us.

Now, realize that I'm not seriously saying that Biden is being racist in THIS situation. I'm merely pointing out another example of the glaring hypocrisy.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
A couple things. First, what does Europe primarily being white have to do with in inability for it to be a racist move? Racism does not happen against white people? We do have the first openly, provable racist in the white house (see his well documented videos or the fact that he chose his VP and many others STRICTLY on race, and admitted to it). He is openly racist against whites.

Second, even if it was a small part of Africa, what makes that any different than Trump banning travel from a couple small parts there known to harbor terrorism? He was called racist by nearly everyone for trying to protect the country from an influx that may harm us.

Now, realize that I'm not seriously saying that Biden is being racist in THIS situation. I'm merely pointing out another example of the glaring hypocrisy.
The posts I replied to clearly suggested Biden was racist in his choice of countries for travel ban; I clarified that it wasn't.

As for the rest of these comments: I won't be playing. I'm going to keep to factual statements concerning coronavirus and response to it.