Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you're right, but I think maybe the BLACK is a new-ish round?

Let ya know Wednesday

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think you're right, but I think maybe the BLACK is a new-ish round?

Let ya know Wednesday
I was just looking at that. I googled this part number and it appears it might be discontinued. Even better then, as some ranges dont let you shoot steel case for reasons I dont agree with.

Good find

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just stumbled into it. My first AK. Was given to me by a buddy I helped along with about 500 rounds of Wolf.. Got some Magpul and US Palm mags to go with it.

Romanian WASR ROMARMS imported by SAI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mortality rate keeps coming up 3%+ for us non math experts
math experts and those with common sense will see that a 3% mortality rate is false. This assumes that all those infected have been tested which is not the case. Look at the mortality rate in South Korea, US, Germany and many more. All very low. They will be much lower once many more can be tested.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
math experts and those with common sense will see that a 3% mortality rate is false. This assumes that all those infected have been tested which is not the case. Look at the mortality rate in South Korea, US, Germany and many more. All very low. They will be much lower once many more can be tested.

Fair enough
Mortality rate, based on reported tested -confirmed number, keeps coming up 3%+ for us non math experts

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
What's scary is that this is a clear illustration of how weak our supply chain really is with the "just in time" delivery method used by the big box, and some smaller, stores.
I agree with the weakness of our supply chain, but a benefit of sorts is that in cases like the grocery store panic buying locust swarms, sure the store sold out but in a day or two it will be fully restocked because lots of small deliveries are constantly headed toward it from the supply chain, rather than one big delivery of TP or whatever. So, it provides time for the panic to subside and a few days later back to fully normal.

However, relying overmuch on one supplier or country is a bad thing. Agreed.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Too many consumers rely on Costco, Whole Foods, Walmart, Amazon, Trader Joe's, Aldi's, and the like. Go to The Home Depot, Lowes, Shop Rite, Stop & Shop, Giant, and other store, you'll find enough stock to go through at least a week's supply. The same can said for pharmacies like CVS, Rite-Aid, and Walgreens

The hysteria is prevalent throughout this country and its simply astounding

I agree with the weakness of our supply chain, but a benefit of sorts is that in cases like the grocery store panic buying locust swarms, sure the store sold out but in a day or two it will be fully restocked because lots of small deliveries are constantly headed toward it from the supply chain, rather than one big delivery of TP or whatever. So, it provides time for the panic to subside and a few days later back to fully normal.

However, relying overmuch on one supplier or country is a bad thing. Agreed.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think that may be true in some areas but will change as the panic intensifies and spreads. News reports with photos like what Fenderman posted or fighting/traffic jams only add fuel to the fire, but make good ratings. I was in a corner/convenience store this afternoon, no TP, paper towels, sanitizers and the rest of the panic list. The supply chain all comes out of the same warehouses and when they get emptied from craziness like this nobody gets resupplied.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Luckily I purchased the 32 Scott 1100 Rolls from Costco last month. Should last a while

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the top expert in China also said US death rate will be down when more testing finished, that means the infected people are bit more than the current data. China has 1% death rate in other cities except the Wuhan. Right now the North Italy will be the 2nd Wuhan, China sent some medical team to Italy this Friday. The high death rate will come if the local medical system crashed.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I just stumbled into it. My first AK. Was given to me by a buddy I helped along with about 500 rounds of Wolf.. Got some Magpul and US Palm mags to go with it.

Romanian WASR ROMARMS imported by SAI
One of my AKs is chambered in 5.56x45 which is nice if you already have ARs.