Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Covid outbreak throws Chinese factories and supply chains into chaos

The coronavirus sweeping across China is causing widespread business disruption as staffing shortages threaten to close down factory production lines and truck drivers fall ill, bringing chaos to supply chains.

The Omicron variant of the virus has begun to run rampant through several big cities since the sudden U-turn on president Xi Jinping’s former zero-Covid policy of containment earlier this month. The surge in infections is largest in the capital Beijing, where more than half the 22mn population is infected, according to some estimates.

Many office workers have begun to work from home but some factories are becoming thinly staffed as workers call in sick. Business owners and executives said this was causing increasing disruption to production and supply chains.

The boss of a printed circuit board factory in the eastern province of Shandong said only 20 per cent of staff came to work on Friday, the rest calling in sick with Covid. “One after another tested positive. I’m worried that I will have to shut the factory down,” they said.

Companies have been left with no direction on how to handle the sudden surge in cases, after previously operating under strict guidelines handed down by local governments. Factory bosses are now either loosening all controls or isolating workforces to keep production lines functioning.

A manager at a car assembly plant in the northern province of Hebei said his group plans to reinstate the “closed loop” system, whereby staff live and work on-site during Covid outbreaks, in order to keep production going while avoiding catching the virus.

“We will have no workers left otherwise,” he said.

Elsewhere, factory bosses have dropped restrictions such as PCR testing and fencing off workers from the wider population.

Jörg Wuttke, the president of the EU Chamber of Commerce in China, said it would be increasingly untenable for manufacturers to rely on the closed loop model. He said the huge scale of the exit wave and the lack of measures to suppress its spread meant these strategies would not work anymore.

FT might be paywall for some

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Covid outbreak throws Chinese factories and supply chains into chaos

The coronavirus sweeping across China is causing widespread business disruption as staffing shortages threaten to close down factory production lines and truck drivers fall ill, bringing chaos to supply chains.

The Omicron variant of the virus has begun to run rampant through several big cities since the sudden U-turn on president Xi Jinping’s former zero-Covid policy of containment earlier this month. The surge in infections is largest in the capital Beijing, where more than half the 22mn population is infected, according to some estimates.

Many office workers have begun to work from home but some factories are becoming thinly staffed as workers call in sick. Business owners and executives said this was causing increasing disruption to production and supply chains.

The boss of a printed circuit board factory in the eastern province of Shandong said only 20 per cent of staff came to work on Friday, the rest calling in sick with Covid. “One after another tested positive. I’m worried that I will have to shut the factory down,” they said.

Companies have been left with no direction on how to handle the sudden surge in cases, after previously operating under strict guidelines handed down by local governments. Factory bosses are now either loosening all controls or isolating workforces to keep production lines functioning.

A manager at a car assembly plant in the northern province of Hebei said his group plans to reinstate the “closed loop” system, whereby staff live and work on-site during Covid outbreaks, in order to keep production going while avoiding catching the virus.

“We will have no workers left otherwise,” he said.

Elsewhere, factory bosses have dropped restrictions such as PCR testing and fencing off workers from the wider population.

Jörg Wuttke, the president of the EU Chamber of Commerce in China, said it would be increasingly untenable for manufacturers to rely on the closed loop model. He said the huge scale of the exit wave and the lack of measures to suppress its spread meant these strategies would not work anymore.

FT might be paywall for some
Give this a few months to run through China .. will get a number of deaths, however once it has run through China things should be a lot better in terms of illness ..

yes, even a small % of deaths = a lot of people dying in China as they have a lot of elderly .. CCP economics may actually be ok with this, as China does not have a good young to elderly ratio .. elder care is costing Chinese Economy a lot ..

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I never understood going to the gym. Even if you have nothing strenuous to do around your place, somebody in your community could use those calories wasted on something productive. I feel the same way about sports
Agree

Years ago I joined a gym one winter. I ended up doing more site seeing than anything. Right up @Arjun ally.

I stopped my membership shortly after the first of the year. I learned that everyone joins in January 1 for a New Year’s resolution. The site seeing went from beautiful to a bunch of fat chicks and dudes wearing work out cloths while they should have been wearing sweat pants and sweat shirts. It was disgusting.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA

Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine has been linked to blood clotting in older individuals, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

FDA researchers, crunching data from a database of elderly persons in the United States, found that pulmonary embolism—blood clotting in the lungs—met the initial threshold for a statistical signal and continued meeting the criteria after a more in-depth evaluation.

Three other outcomes of interest—a lack of oxygen to the heart, a blood platelet disorder called immune thrombocytopenia, and another type of clotting called intravascular coagulation—initially raised red flags, researchers said. More in-depth evaluations, such as comparisons with populations who received influenza vaccines, showed those three as no longer meeting the statistical threshold for a signal.

Researchers looked at data covering 17.4 million elderly Americans who received a total of 34.6 million vaccine doses between Dec. 10, 2020, and Jan. 16, 2022.

The study was published by the journal Vaccine on Dec. 1.

The FDA said it was not taking any action on the results because they do not prove the vaccines cause any of the four outcomes, and because the findings “are still under investigation and require more robust study.”

Dr. Peter McCullough, chief medical adviser for the Truth for Health Foundation, told The Epoch Times via email that the new paper “corroborates the concerns of doctors that the large uptick in blood clots, progression of atherosclerotic heart disease, and blood disorders is independently associated with COVID-19 vaccination.”

Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine Linked to Blood Clotting: FDA (theepochtimes.com)

Comment from another forum: "People have been referring to the “vaccine” as the “clot shot” for several years now...and the FDA somehow just now figured this out? Boy they sure are slow."

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You forgot the smell :rofl:

The best part were the chicks doing leg raises - that was a site to behold :rofl:

Agree

Years ago I joined a gym one winter. I ended up doing more site seeing than anything. Right up @Arjun ally.

I stopped my membership shortly after the first of the year. I learned that everyone joins in January 1 for a New Year’s resolution. The site seeing went from beautiful to a bunch of fat chicks and dudes wearing work out cloths while they should have been wearing sweat pants and sweat shirts. It was disgusting.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But they are NOT using the aspiration technique

1671534124720.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Agree

I knew someone who met his future wife there. Yeah, sitting around in the steam room with a bunch of guys is not my thing LOL.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 148711
Here is my question, if proven, can't you sue the person/company that gave you the injection? I understand, you can't sue anyone if you are dead, but...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 148711
Agreed, I asked most of those I know that got the shot, some did not remember but most said No...they said they were just stuck and injected.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Give this a few months to run through China .. will get a number of deaths, however once it has run through China things should be a lot better in terms of illness ..

yes, even a small % of deaths = a lot of people dying in China as they have a lot of elderly .. CCP economics may actually be ok with this, as China does not have a good young to elderly ratio .. elder care is costing Chinese Economy a lot ..
Wonder if they are giving remdesivir in their hospitals?