Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score

TP heist foiled. I believe the police will keep the TP safe in evidence lockup... Just in case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If India, a country with a population of 1 billion+ people can pull this off, then I think we (USA) can do the same

By the way, go to YouTube and WION News (Gravitas) is really going crazy over the spread of COVID-19. Going a bit into extreme lengths :facepalm:

77% accuracy in testing for COVID-19 over in India due to limited number of testing kits

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way, go to YouTube and WION News (Gravitas) is really going crazy over the spread of COVID-19. Going a bit into extreme lengths :facepalm:
I feel that the World is going to feel the same across the board. It is not the Chinese People in general, it is the Communist Regime that must be held accountable.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I feel that the World is going to feel the same across the board. It is not the Chinese People in general, it is the Communist Regime that must be held accountable.
Not if you ask the American media. They are 100% hell bent on pinning this on Trump - if not the cause of the virus, then accusations of racism and xenophobia (because that's worked so well against him in the past). It's crazy to think that of all the important issues surrounding this virus, THAT is what the pundits think is above all else. It's funny, because just weeks ago, every major MSM network was calling it the "Chinese coronavirus" or the "Wuhan Virus". Now, they're all going back trying to scrub headlines of their own articles.. Here is NYT...

BEFORE:

1584722052309.png

AFTER:

1584722094187.png

Now, they're even going back to Wikipedia to change history - removing SPANISH from Spanish Flu... It is so disingenuous, so blatantly deceptive, that anyone with any shred of integrity would call this out for what it is. But, unfortunately, when one is infected with level 6 TDS, anything goes so long as it makes Orange Man bad.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's plenty of blame for everyone to share in, from lack of government readiness, to the media stoking the fear, on up to so many fat unhealthy at-risk Americans. But the blame-train has left the fuQin' station: it is long gone. It's time for All Americans to pitch-in and do their part to fix this. Together we can win this. Separate it's going to be a fuQuva lot harder. We need to treat this like WW2 and kick it's ass. Together.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
There's plenty of blame for everyone to share in, from lack of government readiness, to the media stoking the fear, on up to so many fat unhealthy at-risk Americans. But the blame-train has left the fuQin' station: it is long gone. It's time for All Americans to pitch-in and do their part to fix this. Together we can win this. Separate it's going to be a fuQuva lot harder. We need to treat this like WW2 and kick it's ass. Together.
How are you feeling? Any better these days?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
In the briefing this morning by President Trump and the administration, I'm pretty sure I heard President Trump say possibly "100's of thousands" in regards to deaths. Did anyone else catch that? Hope I didn't catch that correctly.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
In the briefing this morning by President Trump and the administration, I'm pretty sure I heard President Trump say possibly "100's of thousands" in regards to deaths. Did anyone else catch that? Hope I didn't catch that correctly.
Yes, this is likely. The more we isolate now the better the outcome. But a lot of people are going to die, several times the regular flu death toll nearly for sure.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you feeling? Any better these days?
Going on 16-days now and I'm still sick! It's freaky. I never get sick...or better stated when I I've gotten sick in the past I usually recover within 24 to 48 hours. I'm going on 16 days now...Mrs. Q's got it too. Upper respiratory congestion, runny nose, headache, lethargy, but no fever, and no sore throat. Yesterday (03/19/20), I called the NY State Covid-9 Hotline yesterday who asked me "have you been exposed to anyone with Covid-19?" I replied "HOW WOULD I KNOW UNLESS YOU TEST ME." They failed to ask me if I had any underlying health issues which might put me at risk. The lady I spoke with was very polite and very nice but the short answer was "our testing capability is so limited that we're only testing people who have been exposed and are at risk."

I'm back to work and fully functional but for all I know I'm one of those "mild" cases I've heard about and I've infected a bunch of folks. Who the fuQ knows and I'll probably never know because I can't get tested.

Now...just a few minutes ago...a co-worker told me that the NY State Governor was "shutting down NY State" starting Sunday; I guess that's what you gotta do when you can't test many people and you don't know how bad it is.

I have a good friend I spoke to today...he's rather isolated and he hadn't heard that the government was going to send everyone $1,200. His response: "Shit...doesn't $1,200.00 buy a shitload of test kits?"

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Sending everyone $1,200 is just another moronic knee jerk gubermint idea. There are a lot of people still drawing a salary who have been furloughed. Do retired people get the money...what about non-citizens? I don't understand the logic of a cash giveaway.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sending everyone $1,200 is just another moronic knee jerk gubermint idea. There are a lot of people still drawing a salary who have been furloughed. Do retired people get the money...what about non-citizens? I don't understand the logic of a cash giveaway.
Agree 110%. Use the fuQin' money to get more testing out to Americans.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice...I can't even deposit my paycheck today because the banks are closed.
Banks close offices here too but drive through and ATM open. I can't go into bank to get docs I need to sign my son up for state ID, needed to get him TSA pre check for summer trip. Grrr.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, don't you have an app for depositing checks?

I'm certain there is one, but I've never used it. I'll check it out but -- much like self check-out stations at Home Depot -- I always view such things as reasons to employ less Americans wrapped up in a "Save The Planet & Be Green!" ribbon.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Consider it a bribe. By giving some money to all, they'll be less likely to revolt when the mega bucks end up filling the trough for lobbyists and special interest groups. After seeing how many billions went to undeserving "shovel ready" jobs, wall street tycoons, and other non-essential things with the financial crisis, I shudder to think who really benefits from the TRILLIONS they're going to give away now.

That measly $1k for the pleebs is nothing more than placation. It is completely predictable and will only hasten the empire's ruin. This didn't used to bother me as much, or get me as angry, but now that I have kids, I'm furious.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider it a bribe. By giving some money to all, they'll be less likely to revolt when the mega bucks end up filling the trough for lobbyists and special interest groups. After seeing how many billions went to undeserving "shovel ready" jobs, wall street tycoons, and other non-essential things with the financial crisis, I shudder to think who really benefits from the TRILLIONS they're going to give away now.That measly $1k for the pleebs is nothing more than placation. It is completely predictable and will only hasten the empire's ruin. This didn't used to bother me as much, or get me as angry, but now that I have kids, I'm furious.
I'm passing this along to everyone I know. Thanks brother. thumbsup.gif