Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it productive for Americans be spending so much energy focusing on blaming the Chinese? While we certainly need to investigate how we ended up where we have ended up, I get the uneasy feeling that the puppet-masters want to distract We The People. It’s the Chinese fault. It’s the President’s fault. It greedy corporations shifting production overseas fault. It’s the Deep State’s fault. Would it not be better for America to unify and work together to beat back this storm rather than play this endless fuQing blame game?

I need to focus on saving my fuQing company NOW...finding someone to blame can fuQing wait. :mad:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait until everything is investigated and we'll go from there. The blame game has only just begun, lol

Interesting...

Sen. McSally: China should forgive US debt as accountability for the virus

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yesterday, my chest felt congested. Today its gone. I was able to associate this symptom with the increased physical activity I was engaged in the other day. I've been intermittently coughing but seems to occur whenever I drink coffee. Blend that in with a little bit of anxiety, you can say that I have a pseudo-cough. Make sure we all get our recommended hours of sleep.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I cleared out a portion of my barn to build a 1 bed, 1 bath suite for wife so she can isolate herself there vs. in the house with me and the kids. It involved moving a lot of items, and tons of dust and sawdust. Delivery of supplies from Lowes will be here in about an hour. However, as of last night, I had a mild sore throat. The uvula (punching bag) hanging down from the soft pallet is swollen, beat red, and resting on the back of my tongue - giving a very uncomfortable slight gag reflex. This morning there is no pain, but it is still causing the gagging, and slight obstruction.

I cannot imagine that if wife is infected, that she would have infected me (we've been practicing all the containment/cleaning/PPE measures) - and even if she did, she came home on Friday morning. Symptoms less than 24 hours later? Seems a bit unlikely. I'm trying to ward off anxiety by telling myself it is an irritated throat due to the all the dust (I didn't wear a facemask/respirator when running the leaf blower). I'm generally not sensitive to stuff like that, and have no allergies.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems simple: Stop travel, stop the virus from spreading around the world. Here's why that didn't work.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks brother. From that article...
"...some people, in particular young adults and children, will never develop any obvious symptoms, or they develop symptoms that are so light that they don't think about it. Maybe they feel a bit under the weather, they have a bit of a cough or a sore throat,"...
Although I'm not young, I'm otherwise healthy. However, as I've posted before, I've been sick with symptoms for at least 17 days now with congestion, a headache, and lethargy. Today is the first day I can breath through my nose again. And -- as I've written before -- whenever I've gotten sick over the course of my entire life I have recovered in 24 to 48 hours, MAX. I've never had allergies. And yet during this entire 17-day episode I've been fully mobile and fully functional. Now Mrs. Q™ seems to have acquired it. I wonder if we'll ever get tested so we'll know for certain. Perhaps if we had enough testing in place 30 days ago the government wouldn't have had to practically close New York fuQing State, and perhaps I'd be a bit more optimistic that my employer wasn't going to fail.

:mad:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot imagine that if wife is infected, that she would have infected me (we've been practicing all the containment/cleaning/PPE measures) - and even if she did, she came home on Friday morning. Symptoms less than 24 hours later? Seems a bit unlikely. I'm trying to ward off anxiety by telling myself it is an irritated throat due to the all the dust (I didn't wear a facemask/respirator when running the leaf blower). I'm generally not sensitive to stuff like that, and have no allergies.
Hope you and your family are doing well.

24hr iirc is the minimum recorded time from exposure to symptoms. ( 1-14 is the range iirc ).

Anxiety levels on this and confinement is really a challenge.

I'm gargling salt water at any slight sore throat signs...friends in the medical field I really feel for them, they are so short of PPE it is crazy to think how dependent the global supply chain is...

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Q, this is anecdotal but may apply to you. Both my wife and I are on the down slope of age. We both had a "flu" or "cold" back in mid December that lasted almost a month. Headaches, cough, tight chest, feeling feverish and all the standard symptoms of a cold or the flu. It did last longer than normal, though. I normally may feel a little crappy for a day or two, then that's it. Same with my wife and we both haven't had anything like a bad cold or flu for more years than we can remember. My "treatment" was some cough medicine before bed and some ibuprofin as needed. Keep in mind I got my medical degree, years ago, from K Mart. It did go away after three weeks or a month and we've both felt fine ever since.