Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the vast majority of the Chinese people. Their unelected authoritarian leaders are always working overtime to cover up the truth. I wonder how much the vast majority of Chinese know what's really going on.
From that article...
...The dismissals come after China announced measures on March 17 that would lead to the expulsion of at least 13 U.S. citizens who worked as correspondents at The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post, as CPJ documented at the time...
So let me get this straight...over in China these people are Courageous Reporters of The Truth but as soon as they step off the plane in America they become The Failing Enemies of The People. smiley17.gif

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
China's NO2 emissions rising as country recovers from coronavirus lockdown
As Chinese industry recovers, so do its emissions
China emissions return with coronavirus recovery
Is this good or bad? I feel DJT should have gone further in regards to trade with China. Or anywhere in world for that matter.

I have not understood why America has allowed any products to be imported from any foreign country that does not have to follow the same environmental laws and guidelines that we in America do. And that would mean all levels of a products manufacture. And also worker wages and standard of living.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not understood why America has allowed any products to be imported from any foreign country that does not have to follow the same environmental laws and guidelines that we in America do. And that would mean all levels of a products manufacture. And also worker wages and standard of living.
Says the guy who is buying Chinese made cams. :rofl: I'm guessing YOU were the importer?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Says the guy who is buying Chinese made cams. :rofl: I'm guessing YOU were the importer?
Yeah I'm guilty in that regard. So much product that we America takes advantage of cheap labor, being produced under lax health standards, from around the world.
edit: And no, I was not the importer, I just worked on the systems.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, but if we didn't buy all those foreign goods what would the social justice crowd have to complain about?

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Physically, zero new cases in a populous nation is only possible via a few means.

1. Absolutely no contact has occurred between any millions of people for at least a month. I mean ZERO contact at all!
2. Everyone has become immune
3. Everyone is dead.
4. Recording of new cases is prohibited.

Which do you think is the most likely? I have my guess

.kXxaiuc.png

There is just no way that China's real numbers are anywhere near what we are being fed.
Italy is both suffering and providing actual, useful data instead of PR spin.

Hiding bad news and blunting trajectory reports delayed containment elsewhere. People are dying as a result. Unethical in the extreme.

Last edited:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, update to my wife's predicament. She worked 4 shifts last week, with the last one being Thursday night. It was the first time she encountered patients with symptoms extreme enough that she ordered tests... on two patients.

The first one was transferred out to Ehrlinger (Chattanooga) for suspected PE, but in retrospect, she is fairly confident that one also had a COVID infection. They presented with shortness of breath (SOB) with creation (kidney) levels too high to do a CT with contrast. A D-dimer assay showed probably PE - so they were transferred. After doing more research, she found out that COVID can cause an elevated D dimer.

The other two patients were SOB, fever, diaphoretic (profuse sweating), and GI pain. Turns out almost half of the most recent reported COVID infections are reporting some GI involvement. In fact, there are docs reporting that the 'ground glass' pneumonia is discovered as an incidental find on CT when they're doing the abodminal scans.

In any case, the hospital where she works had only one box of gowns. So, she approached the first with surgical mask (not N95) because they didn't suspect COVID. She did have hair net, gloves but no goggles. On the subsequent two, she wore N95, gloves, hairnet, and goggles. But again, no gown - so she possibly contaminated her personal scrubs. The hospital has no scrubs so she ended up driving to the camper (we keep near the hospital so she doesn't have to commute between shifts). She stripped outside the camper, and went inside to shower. She did everything to prevent contamination.

She came home this morning and went straight into isolation and hasn't left the bedroom. She wears mask, as do I when I bring her food/drink. She has a sore throat.

During her confinement, she's been doing more research - including asking doctors in private FB groups if any had seen GI and diaphoretic patients - they responded by saying yes, and that they'd never seen patients sweating so profusely. She's now very concerned.

We'll try to get an appointment with our primary to get a script for chloroquine prophylactically if the patients' test results are positive (3-6 days test delay). Nerve-wracking!

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, this is freaking catch-22. Critically short of protective equipment. So, we proceed with inappropriately low levels of protection. You don't know until it is too late.
Add to the situation with our hospital automatically putting you in peer review if any patient care is delayed due to COVID status. Pause to find more gear and cause a delay.... not allowed!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
So, update to my wife's predicament. She worked 4 shifts last week, with the last one being Thursday night. It was the first time she encountered patients with symptoms extreme enough that she ordered tests... on two patients.

The first one was transferred out to Ehrlinger (Chattanooga) for suspected PE, but in retrospect, she is fairly confident that one also had a COVID infection. They presented with shortness of breath (SOB) with creation (kidney) levels too high to do a CT with contrast. A D-dimer assay showed probably PE - so they were transferred. After doing more research, she found out that COVID can cause an elevated D dimer.

The other two patients were SOB, fever, diaphoretic (profuse sweating), and GI pain. Turns out almost half of the most recent reported COVID infections are reporting some GI involvement. In fact, there are docs reporting that the 'ground glass' pneumonia is discovered as an incidental find on CT when they're doing the abodminal scans.

In any case, the hospital where she works had only one box of gowns. So, she approached the first with surgical mask (not N95) because they didn't suspect COVID. She did have hair net, gloves but no goggles. On the subsequent two, she wore N95, gloves, hairnet, and goggles. But again, no gown - so she possibly contaminated her personal scrubs. The hospital has no scrubs so she ended up driving to the camper (we keep near the hospital so she doesn't have to commute between shifts). She stripped outside the camper, and went inside to shower. She did everything to prevent contamination.

She came home this morning and went straight into isolation and hasn't left the bedroom. She wears mask, as do I when I bring her food/drink. She has a sore throat.

During her confinement, she's been doing more research - including asking doctors in private FB groups if any had seen GI and diaphoretic patients - they responded by saying yes, and that they'd never seen patients sweating so profusely. She's now very concerned.

We'll try to get an appointment with our primary to get a script for chloroquine prophylactically if the patients' test results are positive (3-6 days test delay). Nerve-wracking!
I have you and your wife in my thoughts, wishing you both the best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if a mask made for VOCs, volatile organic chemicals, is effective against COVID19?
Wash Hand, wear a mask,keep distance, if you do these, there is 0 to be infected. Sure, you have to make sure all of your families to do it like this. Doctors in hospital have to wear N95 ONLY. I come to a small town this weekend, people here there is no one wear mask, really back to normal.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I was a Trump supporter - voted for him (or against Hillary). I think this virus has finally tipped the scale for me. There is an old saying, "Crisis brings out the character in leadership".
You can believe whatever you like, science doesn't care what you believe. The earlier our government got ahead of this the better chance we had.

How's this for leadership?
If you believe those cherry picked statements orchestrated in a way to implicate a narrative, without hearing what was said before and after that is your choosing.

With the “Jaws” type music to positive encouraging statements that things will get better...

But the producers really lost me when they falsely put in the statement “It’s a Hoax” as if he was saying that about the Wuhan Virus. That is an outright lie. They took a statement he made in regards to the Impeachment HOAX and spun it into their Wuhan Virus narrative.

Go ask the leaders of Italy and Spain, or any country in Europe, if they ever imagined this virus would have the impact it is having right now. They all get the same info from the WHO that we do. Remember what the date was that the WHO tweeted China said no human to human transmission?

Knowing how fast this developed in Europe do you really think the Chinese authorities didn’t know otherwise?

Here is a map, in case you forgot how this is affecting The Entire World www.bing.com/covid

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I was a Trump supporter - voted for him (or against Hillary). I think this virus has finally tipped the scale for me. There is an old saying, "Crisis brings out the character in leadership".
You can believe whatever you like, science doesn't care what you believe. The earlier our government got ahead of this the better chance we had.

How's this for leadership?
I'm 100% sure if this happened 8 years ago, the other guy would have it stomped out by now. Good thing H1N1 did not spread like this one did. Everybody is a armchair virus expert now. Glad you had to inject how this will effect how you will vote.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score