Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
All manner of core samplings (ice, permafrost, etc.), tree rings, various methodologies from fossils, the list goes on. The earth has gotten warmer, the earth has gotten cooler. It happens. BUT: EVERY piece of evidence shows that the RECENT warming since the industrial revolution is UNPRECEDENTED IN SCALE AND SWIFTNESS.

The best visualization you will find is here, and references are cited on it:

But I'm attaching "the point" which is the bottom of the picture. In the last 20,000 years it has never been this hot, or had the temperature rise anywhere near as quickly.

We now return you to the coronapocalypse.

Attachments

tomifaribo

n3wb
Reaction score
NASA is a good place for starters:

ps - hopefully all the no-vaxxers are isolated ...
Actually the Earth is pivoting 20 miles per year. The Inuit indians Saying the stars have changed. Too Many variables for anyone to come to any conclusions.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Everything ties in with the pandemic, our actions ultimate affect the planet's response on all of us

How about opening a new thread on this topic and let this thread be about the pandemic

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think NASA would be putting up bullshit numbers for us to mourn on, otherwise that would be an awful waste of taxpayer money, am I right? :p

NASA is a good place for starters:

ps - hopefully all the no-vaxxers are isolated ...

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its like something we all drew in Pre-K class, LOL :lol:

All manner of core samplings (ice, permafrost, etc.), tree rings, various methodologies from fossils, the list goes on. The earth has gotten warmer, the earth has gotten cooler. It happens. BUT: EVERY piece of evidence shows that the RECENT warming since the industrial revolution is UNPRECEDENTED IN SCALE AND SWIFTNESS.

The best visualization you will find is here, and references are cited on it:

But I'm attaching "the point" which is the bottom of the picture. In the last 20,000 years it has never been this hot, or had the temperature rise anywhere near as quickly.

We now return you to the coronapocalypse.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Give it a few days, someone will figure out how to tie the two together
A few days....LOL! Just think about all the ancient viruses that are dormant under the ice caps. Locked away for a millions years...last seen when the last time the planet was this warm...just waiting to be unleashed upon the world once more.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
A few days....LOL! Just think about all the ancient viruses that are dormant under the ice caps. Locked away for a millions years...last seen when the last time the planet was this warm...just waiting to be unleashed upon the world once more.

Actually this is a real thing. There was an anthrax or other bacterial outbreak fairly recently due to ancient bacteria release from thawed dead animals in permafrost.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Dad was telling me that up his way in Atlanta the local Aldi was all out of bread products today....I guess if the restaurants are closed you make ham sandwiches but that takes bread. Thinking about all you poor saps that don't know how to make a hot meal for yourselves having to live off of PB&J sandwiches...assuming you know how to use a knife to spread it on bread. :rofl:

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You know and understand that the US (and other) healthcare systems are severely stressed and have minimal further true ICU capacity. What isn't being talked about in the mid to long term is that the very medical systems being called upon have now lost the majority of their income while at the same time increasing the cost of caring for the patients that arrive. It's a double whammy to the system. It's a strange situation that is not obvious to someone outside of the system. Hosptials, docs, nurses, techs are taking both a financial and physical hit. The majority of healthcare costs in US has not been in the delivery end. You don't realize how fragile the delivery side has been. Even now, while being called upon to take personal risks for patient care, my partners are worried whether they can make their mortgage payments. People don't get it. The hollywood 1950's depiction of the "rich" doctor hasn't been a reality for decades. We're just piece workers for an insurance system that pays out the minimum it can.

Nobody cares and with the false assumption that the docs are well off, there won't be a bail out for the healthcare workers. Yes, half of them are furlowed because elective care is suspended. We drag in and overwork the ones who are up in rotation. When we go into work we also put our families at risk. This will never be acknowledged. We just keep on doing what needs to be done for the patients.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
You know and understand that the US (and other) healthcare systems are severely stressed and have minimal further true ICU capacity. What isn't being talked about in the mid to long term is that the very medial systems being called upon have now lost the majority of their income while at the same time increasing the cost of caring for the patients that arrive. It's a double whammy to the system. It's a strange situation that is not obvious to someone outside of the system. Hosptials, docs, nurses, techs are taking both a financial and physical hit. The majority of healthcare costs in US has not been in the delivery end. You don't realize how fragile the delivery side has been. Even now, while being called upon to take personal risks for patient care, my partners are worried whether they can make their mortgage payments. People don't get it. The hollywood 1950's depiction of the "rich" doctor hasn't been a reality for decades. We're just piece workers for an insurance system that pays out the minimum it can.

Nobody cares and with the false assumption that the docs are well off, there won't be a bail out for the healthcare workers. Yes, half of them are furlowed because elective care is suspended. We drag in and overwork the ones who are up in rotation. This will never be acknowledged. We just keep on doing what needs to be done for the patients.
Well, at least most of those who are going to have a problem paying the rent have the latest fancy iPhones, an 85" ultra-mega hi def TV, and drive a new gas guzzling SUV. The good news is they have the fancy mobile phones and TVs to keep in touch with the Coronapcalypse goings on and they don't have to spend money on gas or Starbucks. I kid, I kid....but seriously....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You know and understand that the US (and other) healthcare systems are severely stressed and have minimal further true ICU capacity. What isn't being talked about in the mid to long term is that the very medical systems being called upon have now lost the majority of their income while at the same time increasing the cost of caring for the patients that arrive. It's a double whammy to the system. It's a strange situation that is not obvious to someone outside of the system. Hosptials, docs, nurses, techs are taking both a financial and physical hit. The majority of healthcare costs in US has not been in the delivery end. You don't realize how fragile the delivery side has been. Even now, while being called upon to take personal risks for patient care, my partners are worried whether they can make their mortgage payments. People don't get it. The hollywood 1950's depiction of the "rich" doctor hasn't been a reality for decades. We're just piece workers for an insurance system that pays out the minimum it can.

Nobody cares and with the false assumption that the docs are well off, there won't be a bail out for the healthcare workers. Yes, half of them are furlowed because elective care is suspended. We drag in and overwork the ones who are up in rotation. When we go into work we also put our families at risk. This will never be acknowledged. We just keep on doing what needs to be done for the patients.
Definitely acknowledge the risk and work in the healthcare field. Crazy to imagine what you need to do to properly put on and take off PPE.

Perhaps it is a good time to help the medical care takers on the front line with child care / family assistance along with assistance on those crazy expensive loans many took for their education.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We're already critically low in our main line PPE supplies. Hospital here is fitting personnel with N95's instead. Those we get to keep in a zip lock and REUSE.
Reminds me of when Fukashima melted down and "safe" radiations levels were revised up and eventually we stopped measuring.

Guidelines are fluid and will vary with available PPE supply and availability. We have not even reached surge levels for this 1st wave.

Some of my younglings are sitting on top of $350K in educational debt. Today's medical education system cost is just nuts. I'm doing what I can to help them, but everybody in or out of healthcare is taking a hit. I was just pointing out something that will never be in the media nor garner any sympathy. I just cringe when hollywood does yet another stereotypical role to perpetuate the mythical doc. It's as offensive and harmful as any other incorrect stereotype because it distorts reality.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
This China Virus is about to peak here in the UK and a lot of pain and suffering is about to get real. I don't believe it is man made but more to do with the wet markets and what they think is normal......One way of the animals getting back at us.

My thoughts are now with all the older generation who help build this Country up to what it is today and it looks like they are going to be the first to loose.

Last edited:

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The young, adult population also needs to beware.... latest

FROM MMWR

A review of more than 4,000 U.S. patients who were diagnosed with novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) shows an unexpected 20% of those hospitalized, and 20% of those who died of the infection, were aged 20-44 years.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
In my books, man-made is analogous to anything that could have been be prevented but wasn't prevented due to the failure to properly implement the laws and regulations in place

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Reusing the N95 masks in conjunction with disinfectant aerosol spray is the only way for now unfortunately.

We're already critically low in our main line PPE supplies. Hospital here is fitting personnel with N95's instead. Those we get to keep in a zip lock and REUSE.
Reminds me of when Fukashima melted down and "safe" radiations levels were revised up and eventually we stopped measuring.

Guidelines are fluid and will vary with available PPE supply and availability. We have not even reached surge levels for this 1st wave.

Some of my younglings are sitting on top of $350K in educational debt. Today's medical education system cost is just nuts. I'm doing what I can to help them, but everybody in or out of healthcare is taking a hit. I was just pointing out something that will never be in the media nor garner any sympathy. I just cringe when hollywood does yet another stereotypical role to perpetuate the mythical doc. It's as offensive and harmful as any other incorrect stereotype because it distorts reality.