Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What ever happened to social distancing? Politicians sitting directly next to each other, seriously?

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The kids asked what was for dinner and I told them "Scraps". They started crying. Spoiled brats, it's really hard to get food at the moment thanks to the panic buying.

And it was a stupid name for a dog bat anyway.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
ROFL, Top 10 video clips with people celebrating the conclusion of India's one-day curfew. There's still a lot of things prohibited (due to COVID-19) in the second most populous country in the world.

Attachments

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How's the feeling in USA? You guys panicking yet or even testing much?

In Australia, we are starting to panic a little. Your Trumpet talking about the hydroxychloroquine has caused an outage.

Is there any optimism at all?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

In Australia, we are starting to panic a little. Your Trumpet talking about the hydroxychloroquine has caused an outage.

Yes, there are very promising results using hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin. Larger studies are taking place. Sorry your left wing media is also falsely claiming that its was trump who caused the run on hydroxychloroquine, in fact, there was a HUGE surge way before his press conference. This occurred when the french announced their study results.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hi @Rebelx

It's getting very real now for people, quickly. Once people you know who are <50 die for this, it gets real - as well as unemployment claims and offices closing. Not a pretty situation, even for myself - this is still a bit of a shock watching it all happen.

The robust US economy has been kicked in the nuts and currently is down on it's knees.

Q: Is there any optimism at all?
A: I believe so. Logically there should be a lot of optimism, as you know it is just a question of time before enough are immune to this sars-cov-2 bugger from either surviving exposure to it or to the coming vaccine ( est 12-18 months typically ). I'm expecting a vaccine deployment in about 1 year. Next fall / flu season should be a challenge.

Note to self: Time to get into gardening....

Last edited:

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I read that the Federal stockpile of N95 masks was depleted under Obama for the H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic and was never restocked! We are talking about 100 million masks

Also, if you want to know what really happened to cause the delay with Covid-19 testing in the U.S., this is a good read. (hint - the FDA and red tape)

Lastly, they just announced 'drive-through' testing in my area of S Cal, but you have to go through a 'screening' type web site first unless you're experiencing severe symptoms

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Rebelx

It's getting very real now for people, quickly. Once people you know who are
The robust US economy has been kicked in the nuts and currently is down on it's knees.

Q: Is there any optimism at all?
A: I believe so. Logically there should be a lot of optimism, as you know it is just a question of time before enough are immune to this sars-cov-2 bugger from either surviving exposure to it or to the coming vaccine ( est 12-18 months typically ). I'm expecting a vaccine deployment in about 1 year. Next fall / flu season should be a challenge.

Note to self: Time to get into gardening....
The vaccine would be pointless in a year from now. I believe that 70% of the people would have had the virus without even knowing they had it. And once you had the virus, you will be immune to the virus anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, there are very promising results using hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin. Larger studies are taking place. Sorry your left wing media is also falsely claiming that its was trump who caused the run on hydroxychloroquine, in fact, there was a HUGE surge way before his press conference. This occurred when the french announced their study results.

It's been reported it they cause heart and nerve damage: Why Trump is at odds with his medical experts over Covid-19 drugs - STAT

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll hear the pundits say that they'll take natural immunity over passive immunity any day. LOL

The vaccine would be pointless in a year from now. I believe that 70% of the people would have had the virus without even knowing they had it. And once you had the virus, you will be immune to the virus anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
NYS Governor Cuomo is taking this with stride. If you click on the video, it will take you to the complete playlist.