Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

This is what the Indian Police is doing,

^^^ Aggressive :p

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is great news. One less moron to deal with. Another fake news outlet blaming it on trump when this stuff was being hoarded well before his news conference. The title should read, "dumbass dies and his equally stupid wife becomes ill after overdosing on chloroquine phosphate in her house that she used to treat her fish for a sickness". The media has no shame.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel this is preparing all of us for what is to come. NASA predicts a asteroid headed our way in the next several years. They wish. Keep dreaming. Regardless, always be prepared, lol
7.8 billion people and counting, no one should be taking this planet for granted.

This is great news. One less moron to deal with. Another fake news outlet blaming it on trump when this stuff was being hoarded well before his news conference. The title should read, "dumbass dies and his equally stupid wife becomes ill after overdosing on chloroquine phosphate in her house that she used to treat her fish for a sickness". The media has no shame.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Love how the story absolutely has to pin this on Trump. Typical media.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is from a 'journalist' - notice how she includes a photo of the medicinal chloroquine instead of what the fools actually injested
TRI-677.jpgTRI-678.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it not odd that the CDC recommends taking hydrocloroquine as a prophylactic one week before going to places in africa where malaria is prevalent? This "dangerous" drug is safe for children and pregnant women and nursing mothers. If it was so dangerous, why not tell people to stay the fuck home and no go on a safari.

"How long is it safe to use hydroxychloroquine? CDC has no limits on the use of hydroxychloroquine for the prevention of malaria. When hydroxychloroquine is used at higher doses for many years, a rare eye condition called retinopathy has occurred. People who take hydroxychloroquine for more than five years should get regular eye exams. "

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's see what studies of decent numbers of patients have to say. These can occur quickly since there are plenty of patients.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's see what studies of decent numbers of patients have to say. These can occur quickly since there are plenty of patients.

Too bad for the folks receiving the placebo. The drug us benign by their own admission. If they want to play with peoples lives they should get volunteers.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Too bad for the folks receiving the placebo. The drug us benign by their own admission. If they want to play with peoples lives they should get volunteers.
There is lots of data to use in a study like this. Dosage variations, with or without antibiotics, and so on. So far today worldometers reports nearly 6000 new cases in the US alone. So, in two weeks we could have very solid real world evidence, for this drug and several other already approved-for-other-conditions options.

A lot of hesitation around chloroquine for Covid-19 is that there's no good mode of action known yet. We understand it well for Malaria and for some inflammatory diseases, but what it does against the virus is anybody's guess.

Also, while generally well tolerated, it has interactions with a lot of classes of drugs, so many people can't take it safely.

So, the science says proceed... And get good data to make proper decisions upon.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is lots of data to use in a study like this. Dosage variations, with or without antibiotics, and so on. So far today worldometers reports nearly 6000 new cases in the US alone. So, in two weeks we could have very solid real world evidence, for this drug and several other already approved-for-other-conditions options.

A lot of hesitation around chloroquine for Covid-19 is that there's no good mode of action known yet. We understand it well for Malaria and for some inflammatory diseases, but what it does against the virus is anybody's guess.

Also, while generally well tolerated, it has interactions with a lot of classes of drugs, so many people can't take it safely.

So, the science says proceed... And get good data to make proper decisions upon.

Yes follow the "rules" and let people die. There are doctors out there treating real world patients using this combo with zero hospitalizations when simply based on the number of patients you would expect at least 15 or more. If it was you, you would certainly not want to be in the control group. Read the CDC PDF, almost anyone can take it. The people who cant should not. It is really that simple. Cuomo cut off access to folks unless they are in a state sponsored study. A one man government death squad.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes follow the "rules" and let people die. There are doctors out there treating real world patients using this combo with zero hospitalizations when simply based on the number of patients you would expect at least 15 or more. If it was you, you would certainly not want to be in the control group. Read the CDC PDF, almost anyone can take it. The people who cant should not. It is really that simple. Cuomo cut off access to folks unless they are in a state sponsored study. A one man government death squad.
I agree we need to accelerate things. I don't agree we should jump in and use the drug widely yet.

I'm in the drug development business and some of my methodical approach comes from this.

Believe me, I have five or six good friends who are front line docs fighting this thing. Most of them agree that right now collecting good data is the right thing to do.

In two weeks or less our health system will likely be overrun or close to it, and the data we generate now while we have the luxury of controlled studies is what will make the difference.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree we need to accelerate things. I don't agree we should jump in and use the drug widely yet.

I'm in the drug development business and some of my methodical approach comes from this.

Believe me, I have five or six good friends who are front line docs fighting this thing. Most of them agree that right now collecting good data is the right thing to do.

In two weeks or less our health system will likely be overrun or close to it, and the data we generate now while we have the luxury of controlled studies is what will make the difference.

There are more than 5 or 6 doctors using this successfully on thousands of patients. Let the patients decide their own fate. Its funny how killing a fetus two hours before birth is a right because its "my body" but I cant take a fucking pill that is benign. Screw that. You and your 5-6 friends would be first in line for this stuff if you were infected.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
We're going to end up with a lot of more itchy people...LOL.

Scientists believe that at least 10 percent of people inherit one or more of the genes that could eventually lead to psoriasis. However, only 2 percent to 3 percent of the population develops the disease. Researchers believe that for a person to develop psoriasis, that person must have a combination of the genes that cause psoriasis and be exposed to specific external factors known as “triggers.”

Who should not take hydroxychloroquine? People with psoriasis should not take hydroxychloroquine.

Bigbore050

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd go one step further and actually blame THE HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATORS... probably more so than the feds. There are entire departments dedicated to infection control. It is their primary job to make sure the hospital is kept safe and clean. They are to anticipate the needs of staff. Given that this thread started in the third week of January, one has to wonder why the people in those departments weren't aware... Or didn't heed the warnings coming from other nations.

When I saw what was coming - even before starting this thread - I ordered a crap-ton of masks, goggles, gloves, O2 cylinders, O2 generator, every possible fish antibiotic (to ward off secondary infections) and 6 months of food for a family of four. I had most of that ordered by the first week of Feb.

The point is stock was plentiful 4-6 weeks ago. At that point, anyone with even a medium level of interest (not distracted by the impeachment charade) could have and should have seen this coming like a freight train. Unfortunately, until the hearings were over, no MSM was covering it. And any that mentioned it, said our risk was nil.

It was a perfect storm of disinterest, apathy, media TDS, and government wanting to avoid panic. But again, those infection control departments at EVERY hospital should have seen right through all of that. It's what they're getting paid to do. They should be drawn and quartered.
I'd go one step further yet and actually blame THE HOARDERS. Probably less so than the feds or hospitals but its worth a mention.

There are nurses and doctors that need personal protective equipment but thanks to hoarders (and poor policy federal and local) the people who ACTUALLY need them don't have them. Is it the stores fault there is no crap paper on the shelf? No its the people who are buying up all the supply that don't need it.

Is this crap-ton of masks, goggles, gloves being put to use currently?

Is you wife taking them to the ER and putting them to use?

If not when are you going to donate this crap-ton of masks, goggles, gloves?

I agree there are many high level people that chose profits over all else and deserve to be drawn and quartered but at what point do we come together and try to help our current situation?

Maybe once we drawn and quartered all the people who got us in this mess we do the same to all the people who hoarded supply they didn't need.(I know that wont be a popular statement on this site)

Don't take this as a attack against you because it isn't. I'm just trying to make the point the the government dropped the ball and we the people kicked it down the road. If you feel you need 5,000 N95 mask and 15 years of toilet paper you should of already had this stuff stashed before there were supply shortages.

I found out last night that my wife's hospital is following other hospitals and not issuing N95 to staff unless they are working in proximity to a infected person. Makes me see red when she has to work on the front lines of this crises and not even be able to receive the proper PPE to keep her safe, while others cower in their homes away from any danger surrounded by PPE they WILL NEVER USE!

erkme I hope you and your wife can stay safe and healthy having to work during this mess.